• Advertisement

A new day, a new leader, a direction less traveled

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Re: A new day, a new leader, a direction less traveled

Postby roger o » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:58 am

I have faith in God, and faith in our new President. Our nation is no longer on the brink of disaster as it was for the past 8 years. I have reflected that by a change in my Avatar. Contrary to what we had in the past, we finally have "Hope and Change" for our Country...
Roger

Is est non maximus ut vos teneo totus refero - is est maximus ut vos teneo quaestiones sciscitor.
μολὼν λαβέ
roger o
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 am

IceFire wrote:That's because he's a businessman, NOT a politician. He's approaching governing more like a CEO runs a business, which is a refreshing change: for FAR too long, the politicians have been running the country in a way that, if it were a business, would have caused it to go bankrupt and fail. Trump wants to see our country succeed.

The government is a business. So if you hold a high position in government especially if you're the President you are a businessman to some extent. I would say that being a big CEO of a mega corporation and being President of the United States have much in common. It will be interesting to see how Trump, with his background as a CEO, runs the country. This is the first time in a long time that we've got somebody in office who isn't a former Vice President, Senator, Governor, or Five Star General.
Photon Guy

Postby BK in KC » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Photon Guy wrote:I would say that being a big CEO of a mega corporation and being President of the United States have much in common.

If you were a CEO and ran up over a TRILLION dollars in debt for your company every single year you'd be fired. The fact is that the government doesn't care about controlling expenses and they sure don't give a damn about customer service, witness how you're treated at the DMV.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:56 pm

BK in KC wrote:
IceFire wrote:
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:...Never in my entire life have I seen an elected official fulfill a campaign promise on their first day.....Hoping with a watchful eye on this guy.

That's because he's a businessman, NOT a politician. He's approaching governing more like a CEO runs a business, which is a refreshing change: for FAR too long, the politicians have been running the country in a way that, if it were a business, would have caused it to go bankrupt and fail. Trump wants to see our country succeed.

Agreed. I do feel that from him...Other than stopping the witch in any way possible, I felt that TRUMP's ego is so big he wont allow anyone to stop him from succeeding...he's going to be saying "See! I told you I'm great...Now put my face on Mount Rushmore (Censored word. I'm a Potty mouth)!(not that it will happen but the point rings true) :thumbup:

He also seems to be something of a workaholic. That's a welcome change from President Golfsalot.

You mean the FORMER President Golfsalot... :rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby MrDanB » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:16 pm

If our new secretary of defense decides to run next election time, will his slogan be: "Mad Dog 2020"? :rofl: :D
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:57 pm

MrDanB wrote:If our new secretary of defense decides to run next election time, will his slogan be: "Mad Dog 2020"? :rofl: :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Drakenstead1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:22 pm

I worked against Mr. Trump at the Party level to the extent of my abilities. Even though the choices among a sleezy televangelist in a cheap suit, a little crud who resembled a TV mop pitchman, several old line incompetents and a few just plain opportunists. I figured that Mr. Trump was and even worse choice. I continued to hope for a conservative Republican with principals. Now he's president and has made promises to the American people and indeed the whole world that appeal to about half the electorate. These promise have about the same substance as the Hope and Change sold to the other half of the American electorate the last time around. These vague empty promises are such that that many simply project their own ideas upon.
The Alternative to Mr. Trump was too horrifying to contemplate which in large part is what I attribute his victory to. In my seven decades I have heard a long string of rhetoric and promises from office seekers and have experienced that the reality following an election never resembles those promises.
The bromide that "no matter who you vote for, Government always gets in" seems to hold true in every case
I fear that we have elected another Statist Big Government creep that will continue to erode our liberties, increase our already massive debt load and drag us into yet more wars and foreign entanglements crushing us under more and more government oppression.
I'm not ready yet to give up hope though I will continue to prepare for the worst.
Who knows perhaps the pig can be taught to fly
Drakenstead1

Postby rickdun » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Drakenstead1 wrote:I worked against Mr. Trump at the Party level to the extent of my abilities. Even though the choices among a sleezy televangelist in a cheap suit, a little crud who resembled a TV mop pitchman, several old line incompetents and a few just plain opportunists. I figured that Mr. Trump was and even worse choice. I continued to hope for a conservative Republican with principals. Now he's president and has made promises to the American people and indeed the whole world that appeal to about half the electorate. These promise have about the same substance as the Hope and Change sold to the other half of the American electorate the last time around. These vague empty promises are such that that many simply project their own ideas upon.
The Alternative to Mr. Trump was too horrifying to contemplate which in large part is what I attribute his victory to. In my seven decades I have heard a long string of rhetoric and promises from office seekers and have experienced that the reality following an election never resembles those promises.
The bromide that "no matter who you vote for, Government always gets in" seems to hold true in every case
I fear that we have elected another Statist Big Government creep that will continue to erode our liberties, increase our already massive debt load and drag us into yet more wars and foreign entanglements crushing us under more and more government oppression.
I'm not ready yet to give up hope though I will continue to prepare for the worst.
Who knows perhaps the pig can be taught to fly

My bet is if Hitlery Rotten Clinton would have been the 45th president you would not have written what you did.

Give the man a chance, he has only been in office 24 hours.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Blondie » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:16 pm

I agree, the "debt load" will increase and real soon. We face another debt ceiling in March which will have to be lifted once again. DJT will get nailed for having to do so.

He does plan on having a budget in place at the end of his 100 days. So far, he's cutting fluff to the tune of $5-10B but it's a start until he can really cut.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby bacpacker1513 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Trump was by no means my first choice. However given the alternative I did support him in Nov. I certainly pray he does a wonderful job and can meet a good many of his campaign pledges. I also pray the establishment/deep state don't pull a kennedy on him.
The libs and MSN are not gonna cut him any slack, so what ever he gets will be what he can work with Repbs to vote on, and fighting McCain, Graha, McConnell and their ilk won't be easy.
Greater Love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.
John 15:13
bacpacker1513
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby pilgrimtr » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 am

well I guess I'm the loner on the post. I have been a Trump supporter from the day he announced. and so far I like what I see.
that doesn't mean he gets a pass from me. I will be watching and praying for him. I think he will keep his word better than any of the Washington insiders have ever done. pilgrim :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :gunsmile:
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:21 am

Me to,,since day ONE!. America is to important to be left to politicians. America IS a business, in fact it's the biggest business on the planet. That we let politicians deal away our positions of strength, is madness.

Not saying we need to run the planet, but that we need to be our own best friend, before were a cash cow for another nation.

Bottom line is, all I hope to see from Trump is a controlled crash, our govt, our senate and congress have gotten us so far into,debt, that their is literally no way out.

Everybody forgets, it is those entities who control the purse strings. Not the president.

All Trumps election has do is buy folks like us time, nobody gets out of this financial Armageddon UN scathed.

I see trumps priorities as sound. Before the crash, we need to be head some ruthless enemies. Isis does need to be killed to the man, woman, child, they are evil. Cartels, and gangs need to be eradicated to a manageable degree.

i feel a sense of relief, and I'll take it for as long as available. I did not realize just how burdened my life had become under Sotero.

If our new leadership approaches our nations issues via a business model, VS a political, model, we should be fine for awhile.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby Mollypup » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Can't stand the man & I've certainly not been shy about stating that fact. Didn't vote for him, still wouldn't vote for him. But I'll give him a chance before saying any more than that at this point. He can be an @ss and still be a decent leader. So we'll see.

He made a good speech. IF he means it even better. I do like the steps thus far on Obamacare, hope he truly does put an end to that garbage. If he doesn't he can forget re-election because I'm pretty sure that was one of the top reasons he was elected.

Hopefully the weight of office will sit heavily with him and he'll behave as such instead of a reality tv star.

Unfortunately, though, despite any potential good the man will do........his election win & entrance into the white house has just shoved another giant wedge (fed by media) between the american people, as if that divide wasn't huge enough after 8 yrs with Obama. That is NOT going to improve no matter what good Trump manages along the way. It's going to get worse. So more of the same old same old intensified for the next 4 yrs......oh goody. The 3 ring circus is in town to stay.

If the american populace continue to pull apart at the rate their going, it's not going to matter who is sitting in that chair. And like the man or not, Trump doesn't have the personality to bring the people together again.

The MSM is of course going to stoke the fires for all their worth in order to get the ratings & keep themselves in business. Dems will be no better because they're hoping to cut Trump off at the knees the next congressional election.

We've become a nation of extremes. The middle ground got lost along the way. It doesn't look like we're going to be finding it any time soon. :shakeno:
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby peekachoo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:11 pm

pilgrimtr wrote:well I guess I'm the loner on the post. I have been a Trump supporter from the day he announced. and so far I like what I see.
that doesn't mean he gets a pass from me. I will be watching and praying for him. I think he will keep his word better than any of the Washington insiders have ever done. pilgrim :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :gunsmile:

We did too and still believe in him!
peekachoo
Colorado Preppers Network
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby Lance » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:12 pm

rickdun wrote:I hope and pray he does well, this country needs it. But, with all the protests now in the country only divides us even more.

Not only protests in the U.S. but they're protesting all over the world. The only place I've seen that aren't protesting is Russia, Russia says it's like christmas to them. I hope DJT isn't one of them there four horsemen they talk about.

Remember all the protests over Brexit...........they are now a forgotten memory. 8)
Make America Great Again........!!!
Lance

PreviousNext

Return to General Family Preparedness