• Advertisement

John McAfee’s major cybersecurity predictions for 2017

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

John McAfee’s major cybersecurity predictions for 2017

Postby Cast Iron » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:32 am

Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Re: John McAfee’s major cybersecurity predictions for 2017

Postby anita » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:00 pm

McAfee is one odd guy. He ran for president on the Libertarian ticket, but of course they picked Mr. "What's Aleppo?" instead.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby rickdun » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:55 pm

CI, DJT will go bald if he can't tweet.

There's too many fingers in the pot, something in the world has got to give, as long as it's some place else in the world. The old saying is a watched pot never boils, well nobody is watching this pot and it's about to boil over.

I don't believe much of what McAfee says and I hope he's wrong this time too.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:29 pm

I unfortunately, think this is a given... It's just a matter of when.

I agree with what he says completely if maybe only being a little off on the number of Multi-Billion dollar companies crushed by the data hacks. (not everyone's success relies on anonymity for cheating on your spouse...lol.)

This will be the war of the future for tech based societies... power grid failure. Coupled with a denial of cell service and not a single bullet would have to be fired for millions to perish in the loss of services as they turn on each other. It's crazy how dependent we've become on a 3 day supply of food...Mind boggling actually.

IP masking and redirection he mentions is simple for even me, a computer rookie. The masters would make it untraceable to original sourcing.

He really is one wacky dude, but a very smart wacky dude......SMH....
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby daaswampman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:08 pm

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:I unfortunately, think this is a given... It's just a matter of when.

I agree with what he says completely if maybe only being a little off on the number of Multi-Billion dollar companies crushed by the data hacks. (not everyone's success relies on anonymity for cheating on your spouse...lol.)

This will be the war of the future for tech based societies... power grid failure. Coupled with a denial of cell service and not a single bullet would have to be fired for millions to perish in the loss of services as they turn on each other. It's crazy how dependent we've become on a 3 day supply of food...Mind boggling actually.

IP masking and redirection he mentions is simple for even me, a computer rookie. The masters would make it untraceable to original sourcing.

That sums it up! It will happen and what happens when it happens in the "CLOUD"? Sounds like an "all your eggs in one basket" situation! Sorry I forgot - the net was supposed to make us one huge connected loving family and all that! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters