• Advertisement

Firearm training on personal property

Post General Connecticut Topics Here

Moderator: cityhomesteader

Firearm training on personal property

Postby Prepared82 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Does anyone in the central/SE portion of the state do any type of firearm training on their own property? Trading at an indoor range is great but not realistic in a SHTF type scenerio. I'm moving up to the colchester/east Hampton/Hebron/Salem area this summer and am hoping to obtain enough acreage that would allow me to set up my own personal small range for firearm training. Not sure if this is a realistic hope/goal. Just wondering if anyone up in the area has any personal experience, thoughts, opinions.
Prepared82

Re: Firearm training on personal property

Postby danthman114 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Define realistic. What type of training? Close in? Urban? Patrols and everything that gos with it? Or the Chris Costa dirt shooting?
danthman114

Postby Prepared82 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:33 pm

danthman114 wrote:Define realistic. What type of training? Close in? Urban? Patrols and everything that gos with it? Or the Chris Costa dirt shooting?

Lol CT being the way it is Id be happy if I could get away with running small pistol drills inside of 20 yards. Drawing from concealed, working on target acquisition, etc. Do you currently reside in this region of CT?
Prepared82

Postby danthman114 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 pm

No sir I do not. I'm in Yuma AZ. Just curious what you considered training. Look into something like gunsite or the like, but closer to your area to get the training you're looking for. Don't pay attention to the YouTube commandos who "train" with firearms. 9 times out of 10 it's some guy who watches and parrots other videos from Chris costa when in reality what they do will get you shot up...
danthman114

Postby rebnavy1862 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:15 pm

A realistic goal is to get out of CT.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby donba » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Or you could go down to Reb's and do your shooting. One day down one day shooting and one day back. Don't forget to police your brass.....
donba

Postby rebnavy1862 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:15 pm

donba wrote:Or you could go down to Reb's and do your shooting. One day down one day shooting and one day back. Don't forget to police your brass.....

Hardly a day goes by without the sound of gunfire around my place. Lately, it's seldom mine.
Reb
loves the sound of full auto in the woods out back :gunsmile:
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby Prepared82 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:04 am

rebnavy1862 wrote:A realistic goal is to get out of CT.
Reb

Not helpful at all, but thanks
Prepared82

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 am

How far are you from Epping, NH?

The Sig Sauer academy should be pretty close to you, two and a half hours from Hartford.

If that is not an option, have you considered air rifles or pellet pistols?

In the off months, I practice with a IZH 46M at ten meters.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Return to General Connecticut Discussion, News and Weather