• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Ghost Gunner CNC mill

Barter and Sale Section

Ghost Gunner CNC mill

Postby straightshooter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:11 am

Just a head's up if anyone is into 80% paperweights.
Last summer I ordered a Ghost Gunner CNC mill and a handful of 80% lowers from Defense Distributed. Naturally my payment went right through. And so I waited. And I waited.
Finally in November I sent an email asking WTF? I received a prompt response telling me that the paperweights would ship shortly, imagine that!, and the mill would be out at the end of 4Q. Ok.
In Dec the lowers arrived, but no word on the status of the mill until I sent a snippy email at the end of January telling them to ship it or refund my money - this was a project I wanted wrapped up before Election Day FTLOJ! Finally they sent me a shipping confirmation link! And a promo email for the next version, or to upgrade an older model for a fee.
The machine arrived the next week well-packaged, but it's too cold in my shop this time of year to do any work with it. Arrgh.

My point is that this company is obviously overextended and can't manufacture fast enough to meet demand. If you have money to loan them to build previously ordered machines for other people, go ahead.
I guess I just have unrealistic expectations of companies actually having the product they offer for sale.
BTW, another company to watch out for - for certain products such as canned cheese and butter - is CampingSurvival.com, aka JRH Enterprises. I understand by being surprised by response to a sale, but every time?
And that's why Amazon gets so much of my business, even items shipping from China arrive within a month!
*rant over*
straightshooter

Re: Ghost Gunner CNC mill

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 am

straightshooter wrote:Just a head's up if anyone is into 80% paperweights.
Last summer I ordered a Ghost Gunner CNC mill and a handful of 80% lowers from Defense Distributed. Naturally my payment went right through. And so I waited. And I waited.
Finally in November I sent an email asking WTF? I received a prompt response telling me that the paperweights would ship shortly, imagine that!, and the mill would be out at the end of 4Q. Ok.
In Dec the lowers arrived, but no word on the status of the mill until I sent a snippy email at the end of January telling them to ship it or refund my money - this was a project I wanted wrapped up before Election Day FTLOJ! Finally they sent me a shipping confirmation link! And a promo email for the next version, or to upgrade an older model for a fee.
The machine arrived the next week well-packaged, but it's too cold in my shop this time of year to do any work with it. Arrgh.

My point is that this company is obviously overextended and can't manufacture fast enough to meet demand. If you have money to loan them to build previously ordered machines for other people, go ahead.
I guess I just have unrealistic expectations of companies actually having the product they offer for sale.
BTW, another company to watch out for - for certain products such as canned cheese and butter - is CampingSurvival.com, aka JRH Enterprises. I understand by being surprised by response to a sale, but every time?
And that's why Amazon gets so much of my business, even items shipping from China arrive within a month!
*rant over*

You, my friend are RIGHT on point....Both companies....same thing. Dead on.

Adding to the rant...."Grunt Supply"....Same thing...massive shipping delays. I hate to knock a Veteran run company but you just need to be aware of non-mentioned shipping delays...(1 month or so)

Now on the other hand....."Black rifle Coffee co".....Hiring 10,000 Veterans in response to Starbucks(properly referred to as "Five-bucks" for the cost of each cup) statement of hiring 10,000 refugees..... BRCC puts a header right on the main web page stating at least a 3-4 week shipping delay for all the extra business from promising to hire 10,000 Veterans....... I promptly ordered $100 worth and told them in my notes of the order that I'd gladly wait 4 months for my coffee and support them for taking a stand....

*Rant just getting started....with my wallet. :)
Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Return to Barter and Sale section