• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #1

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

Postby ajax727 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:01 am

Korea has had a lot of help building nukes that work correctly and a way to deliver them . There underground test could have been buffered to reduce the shockwave and give a smaller reading as to the size of the nuke .With what they have on hand they could explode one over us and shut us down . Also if they set one off in the hemisphere as an attack on other satellite well there goes the eyes and ears of most of the superpowers .
I do try to be prepared for the little what if stuff that I know could and has happen but things I have not control over all I can do is prepare as best as I can .
Not worried about Korea if the dip jumps he will be wiped out in just a few hours . I might be wrong but just one sub has enough fire power to level his country and leave holes were the bunkers are .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Gunns » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:21 am

ajax727 wrote:Korea has had a lot of help building nukes that work correctly and a way to deliver them . There underground test could have been buffered to reduce the shockwave and give a smaller reading as to the size of the nuke .With what they have on hand they could explode one over us and shut us down . Also if they set one off in the hemisphere as an attack on other satellite well there goes the eyes and ears of most of the superpowers .
I do try to be prepared for the little what if stuff that I know could and has happen but things I have not control over all I can do is prepare as best as I can .
Not worried about Korea if the dip jumps he will be wiped out in just a few hours . I might be wrong but just one sub has enough fire power to level his country and leave holes were the bunkers are .

How do you buffer a nuke?
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Mollypup » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:29 am

Illini Warrior wrote:
BK in KC wrote:
Mollypup wrote:Who is going to prove NK did it? That is the benefit of an EMP. And in truth, who is going to believe NK has the tech to pull it off?? Likely no one, truly. (because the thought is a wee bit terrifying)

The military wouldn't require "proof", Pyonyang and probably Tehran and other "usual suspects" would be engulfed in mushroom clouds once an EMP was detected. There wouldn't be a trial, just a quick consensus among military leaders and the POTUS of who probably did it and then a launch before the military becomes too degraded.

the US wouldn't be the only country contributing to the nuke strikes - if the US goes down it opens the box for a whole lot of exploitation by the bad guys - very good chance of full nuke strikes around the world before the dust settles ....

I wouldn't be so sure. Stop & think about it.

The US is already down for the count. What our retaliation missiles are going to come from outside the mainland? Are the Powers that Be truly going to think an EMP hit justifies a nuclear response? Which could trigger an all out nuclear war? Doubtful. We *might* retaliate with nukes, but I'm not so sure our allies would join in. They might attack, just not pull out the nuclear option. Most likely would talk us out of it as well. Why? The damage is done. What is going to fuel our war machine when our country has just been thrown back a century & has a serious nationwide crisis on their hands? Not to mention a nuclear response by us puts a big target on us for the same response from someone else, when we're already crippled. Invite a double whammy? Again doubtful.

I imagine what would happen is that troops would be called home to protect a now defenseless homeland that has suddenly been plunged into chaos in an attempt to keep some sort of order & damage control. That would make more sense.

The moment we're EMPed we cease to exist as a world power. We'll be in league with the rest of the 3rd world countries. Our military will only maintain it's strength for so long, until it's resources are exhausted because they won't be able to be replenished. Would our allies replenish? They're in economic crisis already & once we're down they're economy is going to crash. I doubt they'll bother. They're going to be too occupied in removing the NK issue before they meet the same fate & trying to avoid WWIII in the process.

During WWII the population of the world were ignorant about nukes & the repercussions that go along with them. That is not the case in 2017. World leaders will do everything in their power to avoid nuclear response. That's why the Cuban missile crisis was a "crisis" and not global thermal nuclear war. When it comes right down to it, no one wants to go down that path again. They're certainly not going to do so for a country already dead in the water. The deed is done. There would have to be more to it than just NK using an EMP on us. My opinion anyway. IF NK is able to get a nuclear missile, then it may be a completely different game because their leader is insane enough to use it. (lord help us) Or perhaps if it is some sort of joint attack with someone else.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby ajax727 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:45 am

Gunns
Looking for the info I read awhile back on underground nuke test . If I remember correctly they used materials that would absorb the wave in part and reduce the wave as it expands outward . I think the Russians developed this process , yep blame the Russians . So it acted as a buffer to hide the size of the weapon used to test .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Photon Guy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:06 pm

So after reading this thread I looked up Dr. Pry on the internet and I must say he sounds like somebody who knows what he's doing when he talks about the possibility of an EMP threat. I've heard and seen him speak on youtube videos and I would like to meet him if possible. I would like to know if he ever attends prepper expos and conventions, I would want to go to one that he's at.
Photon Guy

Postby oldasrocks » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:30 pm

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my Grampa did. Not screaming like the other occupants in his car when he went off the cliff.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby danthman114 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:30 am

I'm not worried about it.
danthman114

Postby 3ADScout » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Photon Guy wrote:So after reading this thread I looked up Dr. Pry on the internet and I must say he sounds like somebody who knows what he's doing when he talks about the possibility of an EMP threat. I've heard and seen him speak on youtube videos and I would like to meet him if possible. I would like to know if he ever attends prepper expos and conventions, I would want to go to one that he's at.

Photon Guy, you might want to reach out to ReadyMom she has organized events where one of Dr's Pry's friends who was active with EMPact America spoke. I have been fortunate to listen to Dr Pry, Ambassador Woolsley and others who champion EMP defense and cyber-protection. There was a big conference on EMP up in the Buffalo, NY a few years ago but I don't know if that is a yearly occurrence.
3ADScout

Postby ReadyMom » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:40 pm

3ADScout wrote:
Photon Guy wrote:So after reading this thread I looked up Dr. Pry on the internet and I must say he sounds like somebody who knows what he's doing when he talks about the possibility of an EMP threat. I've heard and seen him speak on youtube videos and I would like to meet him if possible. I would like to know if he ever attends prepper expos and conventions, I would want to go to one that he's at.

Photon Guy, you might want to reach out to ReadyMom she has organized events where one of Dr's Pry's friends who was active with EMPact America spoke. I have been fortunate to listen to Dr Pry, Ambassador Woolsley and others who champion EMP defense and cyber-protection. There was a big conference on EMP up in the Buffalo, NY a few years ago but I don't know if that is a yearly occurrence.

That was just a VERY lucky day for me! He doesn't normally speak at prep events, like he did that day, for us. I had another guest speaker, Cynthia Ayers, who was working at the Carlisle Army College at the time. She was meeting with Dr. Pry and he kindly agreed to come to our prep event, since he was in the area for the weekend. I feel honored to have met him and had the chance to hear first hand what his concerns are. He gave me a copy of his book, that was current at the time and signed it. I lent the book to a friend of mine, and haven't seen it since, which makes me sad, because he wrote an inscription in the front that I only had time to quickly glance at (it was a busy day) and only saw something about my being a Patriot for my local prep work. I have no idea what the full inscription was because I haven't seen the book since :( . -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:17 am

Don’t Underestimate North Korea’s Nuclear Arsenal
The country’s weapons are likely more advanced and dangerous than many experts think.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dont-under ... 1488239693

By R. James Woolsey and
Peter Vincent Pry
Feb. 27, 2017 6:54 p.m. ET
44 COMMENTS

North Korea successfully tested a solid-fueled missile earlier this month, the latest in a series of technological leaps. Instant experts allege Pyongyang is not yet a serious nuclear threat to the U.S. Some reporters say North Korea does not have “miniaturized” nuclear warheads for missile delivery and that its weapons are primitive—even after five nuclear tests. These are dangerous delusions.

Google the history of nuclear testing and weapons development, and North Korea’s tests suddenly seem a lot more serious. This has all been done by the U.S., the Soviet Union, China, Britain, France, Israel, South Africa, India and Pakistan. History suggests North Korea already has nuclear-missile warheads and a sophisticated array of nuclear weapons.

Testing is not necessary to develop nuclear weapons. The first atomic bomb, which used enriched uranium, was never tested: Hiroshima was the test. The second one, which used plutonium, was tested once and worked perfectly at Trinity and on Nagasaki.

France entered the nuclear club in 1960 with a sophisticated high-yield fission weapon that worked perfectly on its first test.

According to the Wisconsin Project and defector Mordechai Vanunu, Israel developed a sophisticated array of nuclear weapons from the 1960s to the ’80s—all without testing. Its arsenal ranges from high-yield thermonuclear missile warheads to low-yield tactical weapons, including neutron warheads.

South Africa also developed nuclear weapons and designed a missile warhead without testing. India and Pakistan designed atomic bombs, thermonuclear warheads and neutron warheads 20 years before testing.

North Korea built its first atomic weapons by 1994, more than a decade before testing. Yet the yield of North Korean nuclear tests isn’t known. Estimating yields from seismic signals is inexact. Press reporting on estimates for North Korea’s January 2016 test range from 4 to 50 kilotons. The estimated yield for North Korea’s fifth nuclear test, in September 2016, is between 20 and 30 kilotons.

Less known: North Korea could conduct decoupled tests to hide their true yield. Decoupling entails detonating a device in a cavity to dampen the signal by as much as 10-fold. A 100 kiloton test could look like 10 kilotons.

And low-yield tests may indicate more-advanced nuclear technology. High-yield testing is usually done for political reasons and to study nuclear-weapon effects. Low-yield testing is scarier because it is usually done to verify design principles for a more advanced generation of nuclear weapons.

In 1946 the U.S. used 23-kiloton Nagasaki-type atomic bombs to study blast and radiation effects on ships and structures. But it was the 1951 nuclear tests of mostly low-yield devices, between 1 and 8 kilotons, that confirmed new designs to expand the U.S. deterrent. America went from 50 atomic bombs in 1948 to hundreds of new weapons, including hydrogen bombs.

Two of the most significant early Soviet nuclear tests had yields of only 2 kilotons and 3.5 kilotons, but these foreshadowed tactical nuclear weapons, including nuclear artillery and torpedoes.

Pakistan’s nuclear test series in 1998 had yields of mostly only 1 kiloton. At the time, the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission said these were “neutron bombs—a battlefield weapon that is essentially a low-yield device.” Almost immediately afterward, Pakistan deployed nuclear-armed missiles and bombers.

North Korea has intercontinental ballistic missiles, the mobile KN-08 and KN-14, that can strike the U.S. mainland. They are probably nuclear-armed. Following North Korea’s fourth illegal nuclear test in January, the Pentagon warned that Pyongyang might have tested components of a hydrogen bomb.

The Congressional EMP Commission—and Russian, Chinese and South Korean sources—assess that North Korea probably has nuclear arms specialized for electromagnetic pulse, what the Russians call “Super-EMP” weapons. These warheads would be low-yield because they are designed to produce gamma rays, not a big explosion.

These are the most dangerous weapons known to man. A single Super-EMP warhead detonated over North America could permanently black out the U.S. and Canada and kill up to 90% of the population through starvation and societal collapse.

Since North Korea and Iran are strategic partners, and since nuclear testing is unnecessary to develop weapons, Iran too might already have nuclear-armed missiles.

Among the senior national-security experts who share these views are William Graham, chairman of the EMP Commission; Henry Cooper, former director of the Strategic Defense Initiative; and Fritz Ermarth, who chaired the National Intelligence Council.

The U.S. should immediately harden its national electric grid to deter and defeat a nuclear EMP attack. Further, it should quickly redeploy Aegis guided missile cruisers to America’s most vulnerable regions. Looking to the future, President Trump must work with Congress to modernize the U.S. nuclear deterrent and revive President Reagan’s Strategic Defense Initiative by deploying space-based missile defenses to render nuclear missiles obsolete.

Mr. Woolsey was director of the Central Intelligence Agency (1993-95). Mr. Pry, chief of staff of the Congressional EMP Commission, has worked in the House Armed Services Committee and served in the CIA.
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby theoutback » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Way to ratchet things up Mccain, but you are right!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/29/north ... y-fat-kid/
theoutback

Postby rickdun » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:47 pm

theoutback wrote:Way to ratchet things up Mccain, but you are right!

Outback, the far LEFT would say, "isn't this unconstitutional or racist", you know, calling a oriental fat.

He's just a radical plump guy, that's all.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby theoutback » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 pm

rickdun wrote:
theoutback wrote:Way to ratchet things up Mccain, but you are right!

Outback, the far LEFT would say, "isn't this unconstitutional or racist", you know, calling a oriental fat.

He's just a radical plump guy, that's all.

I'm so damned sick of libs Rickdun. They whine constantly about being offended. It just goes in one ear and out the other.

He's just running his trap like his wack job father did. Play it out, he blows off a nuke that causes an emp here. He then gets wiped off the map! Many of our nukes are on ships/ subs so they would not be affected by the emp. The fat little pot bellied pig would be BBQed. Not sure he has a death wish like muslims, but maybe.

Oh sorry, did I offend anyone by calling him a pot bellied pig? Hope so.... :evil:
theoutback

Postby ReadyMom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:07 pm

theoutback wrote:[

He's just running his trap like his wack job father did. Play it out, he blows off a nuke that causes an emp here. He then gets wiped off the map! Many of our nukes are on ships/ subs so they would not be affected by the emp. The fat little pot bellied pig would be BBQed. Not sure he has a death wish like muslims, but maybe.

Oh sorry, did I offend anyone by calling him a pot bellied pig? Hope so.... :evil:
Problem is the end result is still the same ... WE get HIT with an EMP. :bored: -k
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby theoutback » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:16 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
theoutback wrote:[

Problem is the end result is still the same ... WE get HIT with an EMP. :bored: -k

That's why I said he's just running his trap. I don't really think he would do it.
theoutback

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters