• Advertisement

Remington 700's

Topics about guns

Re: Remington 700's

Postby RayMac1963 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am

That show/investigation (call it what you want) was on again last night. I only caught the last 5 min, but i set my DVR to get an upcoming showing. I think it was going to be on CNBC Saturday or Sunday if anyone is interested. The important part is they give the code to know which trigger kit was used in the gun. Thats important because apparently they were making both types for a number of years, so you can't just go by the production date. I still want a 700, i just want to be able to make sure i get the right X-Pro trigger.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby JoyDog » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Just killed a coyote with mine this morning. Great gun!
JoyDog

Postby Tom Bergstrand » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:10 am

I sent mine in and got the new trigger. I don't worry since mine is NEVER loaded until I get to where I am going to shoot. I load one round at a time and ONLY when I am ready to shoot. Actually I NEVER need the safety. Load and wait. If I'm going to move on I unload. That's just me.
Tom in Kingman Arizona
Oath Keeper #005181
Kingman Lodge #22 F&AM Kingman Arizona
U.S. Paratrooper
Tom Bergstrand
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby air commando » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 pm

I just checked my serial number online and not an issue with mine.
air commando

Postby Dirk Williams » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Does anybody need a (good) 700 trigger. I've got a couple. If someone needs one , pm me with an address and I'll send one.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby MADE IN AMERICA » Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Except for a handful of 700s its a mute issue. Many manufaturers have recalls. Ford, Toyota, GM, Sony etc etc. I own several dozen 700s and have no plans to demonize a weapon that has always served me and mine 100%. Will continue to follow the 700/870 route till the end of time! Anyone wanting out drop me a line on any 700 in excellent condition. Barrel condition and chamberings are not an issue if the price is right.
MADE IN AMERICA

Postby Photon Guy » Wed May 17, 2017 10:47 am

rickdun wrote:I was reading a story about the 700's and the deaths that have been caused by it firing even though the trigger was not pulled. There is now a recall on the 700's and a class action lawsuit against remington. I own one and it never fired like this but I'm not going to shoot it anymore unit they fix the problem.

If you own one be very careful.

I've got a Remington 700 in .375 H&H Magnum and I am aware of the recall although my Remington did not fall within the range of serial numbers that were recalled. I've never had it misfire although I do have a problem with the floor plate popping open whenever the weapon is fired and so I've taped closed the plate. As of now I would not buy any Remingtons. I have lost my faith in Remingtons and I do know they used to make really great products but as of recently they've been putting out junk. So I would steer clear of them.
Photon Guy

Postby MADE IN AMERICA » Fri May 19, 2017 11:17 am

Photon Guy wrote:
rickdun wrote:I was reading a story about the 700's and the deaths that have been caused by it firing even though the trigger was not pulled. There is now a recall on the 700's and a class action lawsuit against remington. I own one and it never fired like this but I'm not going to shoot it anymore unit they fix the problem.

If you own one be very careful.

I've got a Remington 700 in .375 H&H Magnum and I am aware of the recall although my Remington did not fall within the range of serial numbers that were recalled. I've never had it misfire although I do have a problem with the floor plate popping open whenever the weapon is fired and so I've taped closed the plate. As of now I would not buy any Remingtons. I have lost my faith in Remingtons and I do know they used to make really great products but as of recently they've been putting out junk. So I would steer clear of them.

Yeah that sounds really serious. Put a decent price on it and let me spend an hour to remedy that terrible problem since you wish to steer claer of those horrible Remingtons hahaha. First off send me the serial number to get started. Decent price and checks in the mail!
MADE IN AMERICA

Postby BK in KC » Sat May 20, 2017 9:03 am

Remington's quality control isn't what it used to be. If I was looking for a new rifle there are plenty of other options.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby MrDanB » Sun May 21, 2017 10:56 am

MADE IN AMERICA wrote:Except for a handful of 700s its a mute issue. Many manufaturers have recalls. Ford, Toyota, GM, Sony etc etc. I own several dozen 700s and have no plans to demonize a weapon that has always served me and mine 100%. Will continue to follow the 700/870 route till the end of time! Anyone wanting out drop me a line on any 700 in excellent condition. Barrel condition and chamberings are not an issue if the price is right.

I don't think anyone "demonized" the 700 rifle. People have died due to faulty engineering and Remington has come out and clearly stated to check your serial number and discontinue use if it's on the list. Here's exactly what they say: http://xmprecall.remington.com/
I'm sure that the 700 is a great long gun. I DO agree with BK that they have had some quality issues as of late. A good friend of mine bought a 12 gauge shotgun. Turns out it was recalled for issues. (If I remember right, it was an XPS? model). Also, I believe it was far more than a "handful" of rifles that shipped with either of the 2 faulty triggers. Not trying to hit a raw nerve with anyone, just passing along useful info that may help others... :gunsmile:
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby rickdun » Sun May 21, 2017 1:00 pm

MrDanB wrote:
MADE IN AMERICA wrote:Except for a handful of 700s its a mute issue. Many manufaturers have recalls. Ford, Toyota, GM, Sony etc etc. I own several dozen 700s and have no plans to demonize a weapon that has always served me and mine 100%. Will continue to follow the 700/870 route till the end of time! Anyone wanting out drop me a line on any 700 in excellent condition. Barrel condition and chamberings are not an issue if the price is right.

I don't think anyone "demonized" the 700 rifle. People have died due to faulty engineering and Remington has come out and clearly stated to check your serial number and discontinue use if it's on the list. Here's exactly what they say: http://xmprecall.remington.com/
I'm sure that the 700 is a great long gun. I DO agree with BK that they have had some quality issues as of late. A good friend of mine bought a 12 gauge shotgun. Turns out it was recalled for issues. (If I remember right, it was an XPS? model). Also, I believe it was far more than a "handful" of rifles that shipped with either of the 2 faulty triggers. Not trying to hit a raw nerve with anyone, just passing along useful info that may help others... :gunsmile:

I agree DanB, but some people don't give a darn about certain things, as they say down South, "Bless his little heart". :nervous:

Did I get that right Reb?
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Couldn't have said it better, Rick.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby MADE IN AMERICA » Sun May 21, 2017 1:56 pm

BK in KC wrote:Remington's quality control isn't what it used to be. If I was looking for a new rifle there are plenty of other options.

Always a two bit conflict comment from you. Always.
MADE IN AMERICA

Postby rickdun » Sun May 21, 2017 2:13 pm

MADE IN AMERICA wrote:
BK in KC wrote:Remington's quality control isn't what it used to be. If I was looking for a new rifle there are plenty of other options.

GROW UP, not everybody here agrees with everything that is said or done, but we all get along to learn our weaknesses/strengths or a company's weaknesses/strengths, you don't have to be a I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG type of guy/sissy. :p

I guess I'll pay dearly for that comment, but, life's a b-tch and then you die.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun

Postby BK in KC » Sun May 21, 2017 3:15 pm

MADE IN AMERICA wrote:

Still mad at me 5Forks?
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC

PreviousNext

Return to Guns