• Advertisement

AmRRON for preppers.

General HAM Radio topics. A great place for both experienced operators and for newbies to get started and ask questions

AmRRON for preppers.

Postby eochief66 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:09 pm

This is the last 8 minutes of a 1 hour video on the AmRRON site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUUU3aU9uOk
eochief66
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Re: AmRRON for preppers.

Postby apache235 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:47 am

Interesting. New to ham, I'll have to check them out when I get a minute. Thanks for the post.
apache235

Re: AmRRON for preppers.

Postby woodchipper518 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Just learned about AmRRON. A bunch of like minded people are just getting organized with our comms. Many are licensed, have radios and are standizing our channel/frequencies. Looking at AmRRON I can see where it could fit in our scheme. Firstly it gives us a common channel for comms with folks in our circle who are not licensed and only have FRS or GMRS limited to line of sight or simplex short range. Secondly, it provides a standard way to monitor others comms...networking.

I suspect we will still establish our own frequency ranges for the group. Definitely didn't know AmRRON existed so I am adding it into my comm procedures. Haven't decided whether to join.
Is today really SHTF day? Good thing I quit drinking and smoking yesterday. Keep Calm and Reload.
Kilo Golf Five Quebec Papa Romeo (KG5QPR)
woodchipper518
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Location: North Texas - Denton County / Collin County line / 380 corridor

Return to HAM Radio Open Discussions