• Advertisement

Has anyone seen this yet??

Post about flu and other pandemics here

Moderator: medic94

Has anyone seen this yet??

Postby Lilredmg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Highly contagious, 60% death rate.......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... 3a51a5791b
Matthew 25:42 "for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave me no drink."

Matthew 25:45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me."
Lilredmg
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Re: Has anyone seen this yet??

Postby IceFire » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Yes, I saw this a couple of days ago. For things like that, as well as other "antibiotic resistant" or "anti-fungal resistant" nasties, I keep colloidal silver on hand. It seems to take care of a lot of things that have built up resistance to the "conventional" meds.

Haven't seen you on here for a while. Welcome back.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby daaswampman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:00 pm

[snip]

(NEWSER) – The CDC warned American hospitals last year to keep an eye out for the emergence of a possibly fatal, drug-resistant yeast infection, and now the agency's fears may be realized. CDC officials tell the Washington Post that 35 patients in the US have been stricken with Candida auris, a fungus that can cause bloodstream, wound, and ear infections, with another 18 people harboring the microbe without becoming ill. Some strains of the pathogen don't respond to the three main classes of antifungal drugs, and based on the small number of cases health officials have had the chance to review, 60% of patients hit with C. auris have died (though the agency notes many of those patients had other serious medical issues they were contending with). The fungus is contagious and durable, especially in health care facilities, where it can stick around on furniture and other equipment for months.

http://www.newser.com/story/239592/fear ... d-cdc.html

The fungus is contagious and durable, especially in health care facilities, where it can stick around on furniture and other equipment for months.

This is what makes it so interesting! It can survive in the environment for months! Imagine what could happen in an average nursing home. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby angie_nrs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:48 am

Like ICE, I too keep a supply of CS on hand. I use it for minor issues when I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a virus or bacterial issue as it works on both.

As far as fungal infections....the fungus likes an acidic environment which is basically an "unhealthy" environment.
http://www.drgregemerson.com/fact-file/ ... infections

I have urine test strips at home so I can keep track of Ph levels. The strips don't give an exact number but a color so that you can get a rough idea of your Ph levels. Although, I keep the strips on hand for my dog who has struvite stones and gets frequent UTI's. They're nice to have on hand. You can learn a lot from your urine.

Apparently eating a healthy diet helps, but realistically has little effect on immediate Ph levels. Although here is an article that states lemon and pineapple water are helpful. I'm not sure it it's true or not, but it wouldn't hurt.

Here is an article regarding vinegar to help with Ph.
http://www.vinegar-home-remedies.com/ph-balance.html

Again, I don't know how accurate it is, but I do have apple cider vinegar tablets at home. I take them mostly in the spring and summer to ward off bugs since they typically like to bite me and when I take the ACV, they tend to leave me alone.

If I had a fungal problem, I would keep close track of my Ph levels and try the above do-it-yourself remedies in addition to following doctors orders. It's always good to know there are some things you can do yourself to help your situation.
angie_nrs

Postby Stahlrosen » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Calendula has anti-fungal properties as well, and can be grown in the garden. Might be a nice thing to add if you don't already grow it. Many other uses for it too.
Stahlrosen

Postby anita » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:43 pm

I keep CS around as well, as well as Manuka honey.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/manu ... nal-uses#1

I tried growing Calendula last year, but I guess I was too casual with the seeds, as it didn't come up. Will try again.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby air commando » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 am

What is CS?
air commando

Postby Stahlrosen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:33 am

air commando wrote:What is CS?

Colloidal silver
Stahlrosen

Return to Pandemic Preparedness