• Advertisement

Correction?

Post ideas about how to prepare for economic disaster here

Moderator: medic94

Correction?

Postby Cast Iron » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 am

As has been mentioned before in other posts, we are due for a market correction for some time.
It may be here.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/us-markets.html
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Re: Correction?

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 am

Cast Iron wrote:As has been mentioned before in other posts, we are due for a market correction for some time.
It may be here.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/us-markets.html

just more media slam of Prez Trump - nothing more .....

they haven't even acknowledged Prez Trump's contribution to the upsurge - now it's his fault? - if that isn't a freaking slam ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby rickdun » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:33 am

The market has been due for a correction for a couple of years now.

You can't have companies trading 20 to 30 times their earnings and expect the market to keep climbing, it won't work for the long term.

I look for a 20% to 30% correction or higher.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Blondie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:37 am

When the hacks at CNBC bring out Grandpa Buffett to assure Americans "all is well" then the correction is here.

That will be 2'-3 weeks before Cramer screams "total capitulation, sell now".

After he's sold and gone into hiding.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby bacpacker1513 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:36 pm

The market has been running up for no reason for years with nothing ba king it other than the Fed pumping billions into it. A correction is way overdue. If we are lucky. If not look for a crash.
Greater Love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.
John 15:13
bacpacker1513
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby BK in KC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:08 pm

This downturn is just a market reaction to the healthcare reform bill that failed to pass. I agree with other posters here that a crash will eventually happen, but this isn't it. The market will settle down and go back up in the short run.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:11 am

BK in KC wrote:This downturn is just a market reaction to the healthcare reform bill that failed to pass. I agree with other posters here that a crash will eventually happen, but this isn't it. The market will settle down and go back up in the short run.

ditto....

We might see a bit more of a correction if the tax reform doesn't take place. Frank/Dodd, etc....

On a side note we are seeing a LOT of loosening on lending requirements for self-employed borrowers in the last 2 months..... nothing "Officially" called stated income but you are seeing a lot more programs opening in this direction for "Asset based approvals" or DTI's being calculated with P&L statements not even looking at tax returns... there has to be a balance though. Too loose caused the crash and wealth transfer. Too tight screwed folks out of the market(Real Estate).

These looser programs I'm seeing right now are hitting the upper 5% to 7% interest rates for these type of allowances on self-employed borrowers Vs. conventional underwriting programs with full documentation being required under Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac but with rates at the high 3% range(30 yr fixed)

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Blondie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:10 am

When you see Tony Robbins with a new book out on making $ in real estate, the house flipping shows on HGTV multiplying like mushrooms in the dark.....you have the makings of your next housing disaster.

They say people have short memories.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Mollypup » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:53 am

I think we're on the cusp of at the least another 2008 crash, but I worry it's going to be much worse.

Seems MSM ect is refusing to focus on the actual state of the economy.

I don't worry much about stock trading. I admit mainly because it's somewhat out of my interest. I pay attention to what Joe Q Public is doing, and more importantly Not doing with his extra funds. That in my opinion will give a more accurate read of the state of the economy. Mr Joe Q Public has drastically cut back on spending. So much so that xmas sales were horrid, stores are closing all over the country. MSM blames online sales, which I find interesting since Amazon just was forced to close a multi million dollar brand new major hub in my area due to lack of sales. So obviously online sales were not the culprit.

Joe Q Public isn't doing much spending, most certainly "luxury" spending at the very least. He's spending, but it's on much higher food costs, higher utility costs, and higher cost of living across the board. His focus is more on needs than wants & our economy is geared so that it needs his focus on wants in order to keep going.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Return to Economic Disasters