• Advertisement

Emergency Essentials 160-gal. water tanks more than 50% off

Post your items for sale or trade

Moderator: mmpaints

Emergency Essentials 160-gal. water tanks more than 50% off

Postby Georgia Dawg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Two 160-gallon water tanks for sale. $225 each or both for $400, CASH ONLY. List is $549 each and bought on sale for $370 each from Emergency Essentials.
Never been used, only stored in my garage. Includes tank caps, valves, plugs and food-safe fill hose. Located in Virginia Beach, VA and willing to deliver within 50 mile radius for both together.
Here is the write up from the company:
Make water storage more convenient and efficient with the 160-Gallon Water Reserve. Now you can easily store large quantities of water in much less space. The 160-Gallon Water Reserve is designed to be stacked two-high to give you the storage capacity of about six 55-gallon barrels in less than a 7.5-foot square area of floor space. Despite its large capacity, the Water Reserve still fits through a standard door.
Each tank is 29" wide by 36" deep by 46" high. Ideal for storing water in a limited space.
Georgia Dawg

Re: Emergency Essentials 160-gal. water tanks more than 50%

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Several people around here are selling the 275 gallon water jugs. Someone thought it was a good money maker and everyone else thought so too. Now available for $50 a tank.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby Georgia Dawg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Holy smokes, where is that?
Is it food-safe plastic and sterile?
Georgia Dawg

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Down here in Missouri. You've probably seen some of them. 4 ft square and in a metal cage. I've no idea of water stored in them would stay good. All water can get algae in it.

The only reason I have one is to put it on the patio, run a line through the wall into a bathroom with a 12v demand pump attached inline. This would be done to give the ladies a flush toilet. I can fill it with well water. The well will be run for an hour or so a day.
oldasrocks

Postby Georgia Dawg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:13 am

Yep, I've seen those. I don't think they are food safe. These are made specifically for drinking water out of food safe plastic and are opaque to keep algae growth down. Still have to treat the water, but it is designed to make it easier.
Georgia Dawg

Postby AuntBee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:34 am

oldasrocks wrote:
The only reason I have one is to put it on the patio, run a line through the wall into a bathroom with a 12v demand pump attached inline. This would be done to give the ladies a flush toilet. I can fill it with well water. The well will be run for an hour or so a day.

Wow... think of the line! :nervous:
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:36 am

oldasrocks wrote:Several people around here are selling the 275 gallon water jugs. Someone thought it was a good money maker and everyone else thought so too. Now available for $50 a tank.

They are called IBC totes, International Bulk Containers. They are used to ship liquids around the world. I have a couple to collect rainwater for my garden. You HAVE to know what was in them. Farmers haves ones that contained herbicides and insecticides. Mulch dyers get mulch dye in them. The plastic, not food safe to begin with, is contaminated. It is not usuable for potable water, but fine for flushing.
They come in food grade, but you better know who you are buying from and trust them. A certified food grade IBC tote goes for around $200. So, the tanks that Georgiadawg is selling are a good deal. The fact that they are 29 inches and will fit through a door, makes them a bargain. An IBC tote is a four foot cube. Try squeezing that through a door.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Gunns » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 am

I looked at IBC totes and the EE160 gallon tank. I think I would still spring for totes for water catchment for the garden and such. But for potable water I may still spring for a manufactured tank designed specifically for that reason.

Totes around here are hard to find, especially those that did not have harmful chemicals in them.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby JayJay » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm

oldasrocks wrote:Down here in Missouri. You've probably seen some of them. 4 ft square and in a metal cage. I've no idea of water stored in them would stay good. All water can get algae in it.

Those are on CL often.
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Return to For Sale & Trade