• Advertisement

Met One of my New Renters Today

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderator: itsadisaster

Met One of my New Renters Today

Postby IceFire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:18 pm

Went over to the house to tend to a few things at the old house that is now a rental. Met one of the new tenants. Pretty sure that they are preppers, just from what I observed. Seem like a good couple to have at the old place, and a good addition to the old neighborhood.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Met One of my New Renters Today

Postby AuntBee » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:28 pm

That's great! I have been encountering lots of people who I suspect are preppers. Giveaways like knowing what a BoV is, or overhearing a discussion about get home bags. It's heartening.

Aunt Bee
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby Stahlrosen » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:37 am

I bet that is a relief, knowing they seem like decent people. I think it would be a little stressful renting out a place, not really knowing what to expect. My son said if he ever moves, the neighbor has offered to buy the place because he doesn't trust anyone else that might move in! There was a young couple with a couple kids that bought the big place about a mile down. Guess they might be preppers too because the first thing they did was plant a garden, get chickens and ducks, and restock the pond. Nice to have people like that in the neighborhood.
Stahlrosen

Postby IceFire » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:09 pm

They will fit in well in the neighborhood. He's military (and LOTS of the neighborhood is current/former military and/or LEO of one flavor or another--BP, city, county, and state cops, etc.) and does woodworking (I spotted lots of hand woodworking tools, as well as the electric-powered ones) and brews beer; she's with VA, and does canning (spotted home made tomato/spaghetti sauce, jams, jellies, and veggies in the pantry) they were excited about the fruit and nut trees, berry bushes, and raised beds--LOTS of room to garden. They even brought several planters with hop vines with them when they moved here!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby rebnavy1862 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 pm

My kind of people.
Reb :thumbsup:
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Return to Check In Here Arizona Preppers