• Advertisement

Big day today...MY 300th POST!!!...lol.(J/K)

Discuss Finances Here. *Note, this is not a replacement for Professional advice and should not be used for such.

Moderator: medic94

Big day today...MY 300th POST!!!...lol.(J/K)

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Fri May 19, 2017 10:21 am

I really wasn't going to post but I just noticed it is my 300th since joining....lol...Whoopee, I know. :rofl:

It is actually a big day for me in business and am committed and moving forward but would still be curious to hear opinions even if they're "Post decision/commitment"....

I have been chosen by my company as the only employee(out of 50 or so) to be featured in a commercial that we are filming with a celebrity spokesperson (I would say he's a "A" celebrity in the sports world, "C" celebrity in general) where I'll have a pretty significant speaking part endorsing our company and as an 8 year employee(since the start of the company) with probably the most 5 star reviews while never getting a complaint...(yes, I'm bragging a bit here, but I've worked very hard for this reputation in an industry that is FILLED with scam artist...lol...I don't know of another single person in my industry that can say this but I'm sure they exist)

I pulled out of filming originally as I really wasn't comfortable with the exposure it would bring to me even though my business and income is potentially going to soar with this opportunity....The company owners aggressively kept asking me to reconsider even with my reservations.(leaving the company in the future, co-worker animosity, attaching my face to a product publically, etc..) My reputation is already established and I do get extra clients from this weekly from it already.

So, long story short, most likely you guys will never see it, but a lot of people in the local markets will.... (CA, but currently expanding to other states as well)

What do you all think the negative possible repercussions could be?...
The positive will be the business influx and I figure with me being specifically featured along with the celib, that I'd probably be getting a direct 10-15% of new clients asking for me specifically by name.

I think I've thought long and hard of possible negatives and addressed them for myself, but second opinions are always welcome for anything I've might have missed.
(BTW...I should have mentioned in covering my (Censored word. I'm a potty mouth) after initially pulling out I negotiated the ability to pull my image from any future airings if after 6 months initial advertising campaign I don't like the representation it brings me as part of the final decision to proceed...Think I've covered all my bases)

Anyways...wish me luck, say a prayer, light an incense, whatever.....Thanks for any opinions in advance. :thumbup:

Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Re: Big day today...MY 300th POST!!!...lol.(J/K)

Postby Gunns » Fri May 19, 2017 11:09 am

Well if its something you want to do then do it.

All the rest of what you said is vague. I don't know what you do for a living or what you would be advertising so my opinion on the rest wouldn't matter.

Now if you are making a commercial about prepping and you are unsure about exposure, then I would reconsider. Do you want people to know your name or even where you live and prep?

Ask Southernprepper1. Are you self confident as he is? Then not a problem.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby sageprice » Fri May 19, 2017 2:21 pm

It's your privilege we have served in the military for that privilege. Freedom isn't free and your thoughts are celebrated keep them coming!
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 pm

I have no idea what business your in, but there are potential pitfalls with publicity. Do your research and ask if there is any group that may be offended and can this celebrity walk on water? People can be strange and some are looking for a fight.

I remember a substantial contribution we made to a top rated local charity and the crap we were handed as a few local mouths thought their choices were better. No good deed goes unpunished. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Blondie » Fri May 19, 2017 6:05 pm

daaswampman wrote:I have no idea what business your in, but there are potential pitfalls with publicity. Swamp

Especially when the housing market crashes and Countrywide was your mortgage lender.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sun May 21, 2017 9:00 am

Blondie wrote:
daaswampman wrote:I have no idea what business your in, but there are potential pitfalls with publicity. Swamp

Especially when the housing market crashes and Countrywide was your mortgage lender.

This hits dead on point.

I'm a loan officer...I do mortgages for a direct lender. Everything...if its residential(other than mobile), I do it.

Now that being said, it is an extremely GOOD company otherwise I wouldn't have been there for 8 years. I do hold myself to a very high ethical standard.(It should really be a normal ethical standard IMO)

I'll VERY often analyze someone's opinion that they should purchase a certain home(with Termite damage, home inspection issues, etc..) or refinance for a benefit and I'll tell them that are better off where they are if there is not a glaring benefit. After I've made sure they are VERY aware of things the realtors might not have mentioned if they want to proceed, I've done my bit to educate them and then help them accomplish their goals knowing they are educated about their decision.

Here's the thing though...I'm not the only loan officer in the company....My face on the advertisement, another LO screws up or just does a bad job, they see the ad with my face and then the negative association is there.........Again, this has been analyzed and assessed and our company is sound in the leadership so I feel OK about it, but the potential is there no matter how small.
Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Return to Financial Issues