• Advertisement

Who is the Authority on Prepping?

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

Re: Who is the Authority on Prepping?

Postby Stahlrosen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:58 pm

I agree, everyone has different needs and what is perfect for one person, would not work for another. There used to be an annual exercise in NC and we would all get together and show off new gear, things we liked, didn't like, a new lighter version of something, new ropes, new 8s with ears, just all kinds of cool stuff. These were people who lived and breathed in their equipment, if it didn't work you ran the risk of serious injury, injuring someone else, or someone dying because you didn't do your job right. So if we were looking for an opinion on something, those are the people we wanted it from!
I think as others have already said, you need to look at your own situation and figure out what you need, then seek out personal opinions from people who would use the items in a similar situation as your own. As Permafrost mentioned, what works for someone in the lower states for a weekend, won't necessarily be appropriate to live in for several months.
Stahlrosen

Postby sageprice » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm

AS Smokey the bear said "ONLY YOU..." What works in Alaska doesn't work in Georgia. I prefer not to eat prepackage meals for a whole year. I like dehydrated cooked beef over Jerky. To each his or her own. Come visit after one year if you survive then we will discuss prepping and who was right or wrong. :rofl:
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Ya'll forget about some people. I know people that cannot find a bathroom without their GPS. They seem to need directions about almost every decision.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby MrDanB » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:25 am

Adaptation. Things rarely happen as you think they will. Being able to adapt is key. In the animal world, those that are able to adapt carry on the lineage. Same for humans. Nobody is an expert in all fields, but we can learn and practice enough to survive and even thrive in bad times. Having stuff is great, but without knowledge things get tougher. I have revised my plans countless times because things change...
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Previous

Return to A.N.T.S.