• Advertisement

Where I learn to shoot

Topics about guns

Where I learn to shoot

Postby Photon Guy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:13 am

Here is one of the places I go to learn to shoot. I've learned so much since I started going there, it has really made a huge improvement on my shooting ability. Definitely worth looking into if you want to learn good shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOqdpWAELE
Photon Guy

Re: Where I learn to shoot

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 am

ha!....Diamond level lifetime unlimited member here Photon guy :thumbup: :gunsmile: :gunshooting:
https://www.frontsight.com/diamond-membership.asp

Great facility...Wish I was closer so I could use my membership more....I'll have a 7-day coming up here soon.
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Photon Guy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:58 am

Im all the way in PA, quite a distance but I still manage to go a whole bunch of times every year. Sometimes I fly, sometimes I drive. Yes, I drive over 2000 miles to get there from time to time and its quite an adventure. I was just there on the 4th of July taking a night shooting class. They shoot off a ton of fireworks right after midnight on the 4th of July. Its quite a show and Ignatius Piazza shows up himself. Love it there.
Photon Guy

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Photon Guy wrote:Im all the way in PA, quite a distance but I still manage to go a whole bunch of times every year. Sometimes I fly, sometimes I drive. Yes, I drive over 2000 miles to get there from time to time and its quite an adventure. I was just there on the 4th of July taking a night shooting class. They shoot off a ton of fireworks right after midnight on the 4th of July. Its quite a show and Ignatius Piazza shows up himself. Love it there.

OK...now you make me feel bad....lol.

I only live 4 to 4-1 hrs away and hardly ever go...lol

I shoot local a lot with Falcon Operations Group http://www.falconops.net/...more serious.

...and Surefire instructors at FTA.http://www.ftatv.com/ .....good specialty classes and refreshers

IDPA (at Prado Olympic), IPSC (at Raahauges)and 3 Gun in different private venues..(nowhere near as often as I used to before the baby).. :thumbup:

Raahauges has an amazing sporting clay course for our area... https://www.raahauges.com/

I really believe in the variety of different instructor mindsets....Everyone everywhere says "Our way is the right way...That's why we teach it and don't question it!!!"...lol. poppycock. :huh: :shakeno: :rolleyes:

If you're ever out this way, these are the places I suggest visiting....fun stuff.

We might get to hookup at FS sometime and say hi...

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 am

We have a new shooting range that was set up in a near by city. I hope to get up there
and learn more and get some good shooting skills. I have the guns, do not have the
expertise, only the most basic.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:01 am

PatrioticStabilist wrote:We have a new shooting range that was set up in a near by city. I hope to get up there
and learn more and get some good shooting skills. I have the guns, do not have the
expertise, only the most basic.

So does the range offer instruction? If you want to develop more skill and expertise I would highly recommend going to a shooting school.
Photon Guy

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby rickdun » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Cast Iron wrote:http://www.marines.mil/

:clap: :gunsmile: :shakeyes: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Cast Iron, there are some things a salty Marine never forgets.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:35 pm

To all Front Sight members as you know Nash likes to send lots of email about promotions all too often asking you to join the most new, latest, and greatest level of membership. Right now there is plans to build a resort on the Front Sight property in Pahrump NV and some of the e-mails have been about purchasing the use of the condos that would be built on the resort. The latest email that I've seen is about joining the Champions Club. So has anybody joined the Champions Club or purchased use of the villas that they're planning on building? Im wondering if a villa on Front Sight would make a good BOL however from what I know you only get use of the villa during certain times and you can't just go on in anytime. You don't get a deed or anything so you're not free to use it whenever you want.
Photon Guy

Postby ajax727 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Photon Guy
Sound like a time share , you pay for limited use . Also they could sell out at anytime and you would be SOL .But to each his own .
I know I am kinda blunt .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Photon Guy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:59 am

ajax727 wrote:Photon Guy
Sound like a time share , you pay for limited use . Also they could sell out at anytime and you would be SOL .But to each his own .
I know I am kinda blunt .

So ajax727 are you a member of Front Sight?
Photon Guy

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 am

Photon Guy wrote:To all Front Sight members as you know Nash likes to send lots of email about promotions all too often asking you to join the most new, latest, and greatest level of membership. Right now there is plans to build a resort on the Front Sight property in Pahrump NV and some of the e-mails have been about purchasing the use of the condos that would be built on the resort. The latest email that I've seen is about joining the Champions Club. So has anybody joined the Champions Club or purchased use of the villas that they're planning on building? Im wondering if a villa on Front Sight would make a good BOL however from what I know you only get use of the villa during certain times and you can't just go on in anytime. You don't get a deed or anything so you're not free to use it whenever you want.

As someone who has spent some time in a rather hot, dry, arid part of the world, a lovely little vacationing spot called Afghanistan, I would question the feasibility of Front Sights location for long term survival.

Yes. It can be done.

But take away all the modern conveniences, would Front Sight's location be able to sustain a number of people for a prolong period of time?

I do not know, I am asking.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Cast Iron wrote:As someone who has spent some time in a rather hot, dry, arid part of the world, a lovely little vacationing spot called Afghanistan, I would question the feasibility of Front Sights location for long term survival.

Yes. It can be done.

But take away all the modern conveniences, would Front Sight's location be able to sustain a number of people for a prolong period of time?

I do not know, I am asking.

I will say this much, Front Sight is in the perfect location for solar power. As a matter of fact in the town of Pahrump, NV solar powered equipment is a big industry. The biggest problem for long term survivability in such an area would be water but if I were to have a BOL in such a location I would keep it well stocked with many gallons of water. I do have a bunch of those big 5 gallon water jugs that you get at Home Depot and I would make sure to keep a bunch of them full at the BOL. I've also got a distiller for refilling them. Mainly for the water reason, I would consider the Front Sight location to only be a temporary BOL unless it was well stocked. I will say this much, it would sure be well defended.
Photon Guy

Return to Guns