• Advertisement

Nomadic People

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

Nomadic People

Postby Cadit » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:10 am

Hi All: As we all know that around the world that there are still people that are nomad and travel around their country. That may very well be something that will happen here in a grid down situation. Would you just give up on having a homestead and live on the go? never having a homestead of farm or anything like that? Is moving around with the seasons appealing to you, and what about your family, would they too want this type of life style? And if something like this do take hold, what measures do you plan on using to deter a group moving through your area. History has shown that a nomadic group have a history of stilling what they need as they go from one place to another.

What is your thoughts and how would you protect you and your family and property from a large group of them? And as shown, they can be a problem.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Re: Nomadic People

Postby Gunns » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:38 am

No. Abandoning your BOL and moving around makes you a bigger target. This isn't some third world where no one has guns. Too many armed people in this country for nomadic living.

Now if a Mad Max scenario played out and most people were dead then maybe. But too few can live off the wild to make this a go. Even nomadic peoples have goats and other live stock they take with them.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:31 pm

We're far enough off the beaten path that we shouldn't have "nomads" showing up. However, if they should happen to show up, we are well able to defend our homestead.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Permafrost » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:24 am

Most subsistence people in Alaska are nomadic to some extent. Hunting grounds are sometimes hundreds of miles from fishing grounds, and just about everybody has a favorite berry picking spot. Even in a grid down scenario with no gas I would still travel a few hundred miles from the homestead as I collected the resources I needed for the year. I have a "fish camp" that is nothing but a shack and a 15'x15' smoke house for drying salmon, it is over 250 miles from my cabin by boat and it is only occupied about 3 or 4 weeks a year. My preferred hunting grounds are about 50 miles away by boat, and likewise there is just a shack there. I do not own either of these pieces of land, but I have never had a problem with others being there when I show up. Do I think I'm nomadic, no. Would I be nomadic by a dictionary definition, I guess so, I never gave it much thought. Perhaps it is different here because we are a third world country, we just happen to be a third world country that the americans own. Should something happen I do not see this changing any time soon, there just is not the population here that there is other places.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Cadit » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Perma: I think you hit the nail on the head, and undoubtedly TV doesn't show the real picture on the state of life in a third world country as being arms less, isn't the real picture. Many die and many a weapon is left laying on the ground. The people grab these for security and to sale. We think because America has guns in almost every home in our country, not true. Propaganda by those saying we have too many. Now Sweden has guns in every home, and each member knows how to use them. I wish America had those same gun laws. Sweden like the US, there are too many weapons in homes for a foreign country to try an attack.

The news; a while back would show caches of arms discovered in these so called arms less villages. And what was the real reason our troops went house to house doing searches, to catch bad guys, please; slap someone and wake them up. They were disarming the populaces to prevent attacks from them on our troops. Think back and I hope you will remember all those news breaks on weapon finds. There's a war going on in those countries, get real, everyone has a gun, that's why we continue to do searches. The gov guys aren't stupid, the American people are, they believe what ever the news service tells them, just like Hitler did in Germany before he took his peoples rights away. As then with Hitler, the same holds true today with our government and the news media, they are filling our young with bull crap and they are believing it. Its nothing new, it start back in school, the brain washing, that the government is father and mother; that we will take care of you. So they drink the cool-aid joyfully, believing them instead of their own parents, the one that truly love them.

It's too late for many, but we can still influence many of the young through talking with them and showing them what history has shown of any type of government not like ours, continue to try to take us down, but them I ask; why are so many people wanting to leave their country and move there. It's because we have rights that no government can take away.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Return to A.N.T.S.