• Advertisement

UK's Run Hide Tell video

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

UK's Run Hide Tell video

Postby Gunns » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 am

So pretty much in the UK they say you should run away from the attackers, hide and call for help. Now granted, that is not entirely bad advice it does breed a victim hood populace and says that terror attacks are just a part of everyday life and should be expected.

I did however leave them a comment about if the victims run away from the attack, they may be running smack into a trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_VrwYJawxc

"Whilst the chances of being involved in a terror attack remain extremely rare, holidaymakers travelling abroad this summer are being urged to watch a new video designed to help keep them safe in the event of an incident.

With millions of sun-seekers expected to jet off over the coming months, counter terrorism police - in association with the Foreign Office and ABTA The Travel Association - have launched a new four minute film outlining what to do if caught up in an attack.

There is no specific intelligence that British holidaymakers will be targeted this summer but the launch of the film and supporting information is part of a general campaign to raise awareness among the public. It highlights the steps people can take to minimise the impact of an attack – including knowing the local emergency services number.

This innovative new approach encourages everyone to be prepared should the worst happen.

The central message is Run, Hide, Tell and was first launched by UK police in December 2015 after attacks in Paris. It was recently re-issued to the public by officers during London’s Borough Market incident."
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Re: UK's Run Hide Tell video

Postby Blondie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 am

The advice I believe to be similar to Houston PD's Run Hide, Fight video which is highly respected by LEO's.

Keep in mind the gun restrictions in the UK and many families with small children on vacation this time of year.

No to mention Americans tend to stick out as tourists abroad.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Dirk Williams » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Good stuff, thinking your going to take out armed men or women is a fools errand. If you happen to be armed, protect those you reasonably can, don't try and be a hero, this isn't a game, their are no re do's , no next level.

Most importantly, do not put you, your family in a place this is possible.

Good stuff, Gunns.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby Mollypup » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:30 am

First order of business is don't make yourself a target. You can't help anyone if your dead or lying on the ground bleeding out.

I'm no expert by any means. But no matter where I am or what I'm doing there is a deep subconscious level of my brain that is acutely aware of everything around me (even when my conscious brain isn't). It's mapping escape routes & ducking places as well as closely monitoring people. Only times I've found myself in trouble is when I talked myself out of listening to my instinct & rolling with it. That was less than a handful of times......you learn quickly. Sure, if backed into a corner with no means of escape I'll fight you like nothing you've ever imagined.....but otherwise I'll be getting the heck outta dodge. But be smart & don't pick the most obvious routes....because when it hits the fan that is where the crowd is going to go.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Wow - that was a great video for terrorist trainees! With a little planning and no resistance, they should be able to increase their harvest dramatically!

I am sure our forefathers would do somersaults in their graves, if they knew the fearful slugs we have become. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby NJMike » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:53 am

Thanks for sharing. I thought the video was well done overall. People on holiday vacation aren't going to be armed, so this is generally the best advice to avoid becoming a casualty for the types of public space attacks currently in play. Might be a different story if you're cornered and an approaching gunman is between your family and the exit.

Just a side comment. The video does a good job of putting faces on the potential victims. And yet...the law enforcement arrive in full tactical gear behind faceless masks. I do think that's a wrong way to portray law enforcement; as some faceless force that sweeps in to neutralize a threat. I'd have preferred to have seen some first responders with faces as people. I suppose if they looked like you and I, that people watching might think they could play a role in protecting themselves (given the means of course). Oh well.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters