• Advertisement

EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #5 (Aug 2017)

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #5 (Aug 2017)

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:47 pm

It all sure sounds bad, scarey world again.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby TRex2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:41 am

It has always been a bad, scary world.

We got a few very temporary reprieves in the late 20th century,
and began to think that was the normal state of things.

It is not.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby Mollypup » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:34 pm

TRex2 wrote:It has always been a bad, scary world.

We got a few very temporary reprieves in the late 20th century,
and began to think that was the normal state of things.

It is not.

No. It most certainly isn't.

The human species has no predator. Therefore in order to keep the population in check, we prey on each other and we start wars. Peace last only long enough to gear up for the next one. :gunshooting:
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:13 am

TRex2 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:Any thoughts?
Well, a couple.

In addition to doing one more nuclear test detonation, CFK needs two more ICBM tests. Or he could launch a satellite into orbit. He has done that before, but the satellite failed, and that would be the same as launching a nuclear tipped missile and it being a dud. If he can put a satellite into orbit and it doesn't fail, that would be a sufficient test.

Ok, so that is the N.K. threat analysis.
Keep calm and prep on.

ReadyMom wrote:Something happened:

Earthquake in North Korea on August 15 2017 03:12 PM (UTC).
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/database/? ... -59502-PRK

Event type Earthquake
Date/Time August 15 2017 03:12 PM (UTC)
Last update August 15 2017 03:14 PM (UTC)
Cause of event suspected nuclear test
Damage level Is not or not known Damage level
Affected area Local event : The affected area up to a few kilometers

Well, that may be the test detonation I was referring to.

OK, I checked that database again, and they decided it wasn't a nuclear test, after all.
Event type Earthquake
Date/Time August 15 2017 03:12 PM (UTC)
Last update August 13 2017 09:51 AM (UTC)
Cause of event origin is unknown
Reliability of information Coming soon
Damage level Is not or not known Damage level
Affected area Local event : The affected area up to a few kilometers

So, I am still waiting for at least one more test detonation.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
TRex2

Postby dmwalsh568 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:44 am

To add to the uncertainty, our Aegis missile defense destroyers seem to be dropping like flies in the Pacific. One yesterday, another back on June 17th, and a third in late January. At least the January one just ran aground rather than running into tanker ships. :whistling:

The McCain is missing sailors after this latest crash and I fear those missing won't be found alive. And with the repairs that will be needed, this is the third Aegis destroyer in the Pacific to be out of commission for a while. I have to wonder how many can be in repair dock and we still have an effective ABM defense. :nervous:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/20/asia/us-n ... index.html
dmwalsh568

Postby ajax727 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:17 am

How can this be happen with all the high tech equipment on board ? Was there evasive action taken before the crash ? A lot of questions and no answers except that they were hit by a massive ship in open waters .
Do we not have competent people in the Navy or are they getting incompetent squibs ?
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby farmer_dude48 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 am

Ok I have to ask the question. I have never been in the Navy , but How do you manage to crash into another ship ?? I mean don't they have radar or at least somebody with binoculars ?? I don't understand ...
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:18 pm

farmer_dude48 wrote:Ok I have to ask the question. I have never been in the Navy , but How do you manage to crash into another ship ?? I mean don't they have radar or at least somebody with binoculars ?? I don't understand ...
This has been discussed extensively elsewhere (not at liberty to say where) and there are a few items that have come up.
It was before sunrise.
All radar systems have blind spots (usually the details are classified)
Training in the Navy isn't what it used to be, before Obama
implemented his starve 'em and feminize 'em strategy.
This is beginning to appear to be a deliberate ramming
(because of the, port side stern, location of impact)
TRex2

Postby farmer_dude48 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks TRex2
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 am

Seems I read somewhere the other day, they think might be some hacking into the
systems, I'm sure its being looked at. Hacking would make sense.

Son is really busy now, they are getting ready to start the latest war games in Korea.
Didn't even have time to say much yesterday, he was off to a meeting, its expected.
Hope nothing goes awry there during them.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 am

PatrioticStabilist wrote:Seems I read somewhere the other day, they think might be some hacking into the

Son is really busy now, they are getting ready to start the latest war games in Korea.
Didn't even have time to say much yesterday, he was off to a meeting, its expected.

I'm sure hoping nobody gets an itchy trigger finger - NK is paranoid beyond belief and the US & SK side is on the lookout for NK type provocations ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am

PatrioticStabilist wrote:Seems I read somewhere the other day, they think might be some hacking into the

North Korea warns of 'merciless strike' ahead of US-South Korea drills
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/20/asia/nort ... index.html

Mon August 21, 2017

(CNN)Joint US-South Korean military drills are underway Monday despite warnings from North Korea a day earlier that they could lead to a "uncontrollable phase of a nuclear war."
The 10-day Ulchi Freedom Guardian military exercises are conducted annually and touted by South Korea and the United States as defensive in nature.
But North Korea sees them as provocative and hostile, perhaps even preparation for an invasion.

"The Trump group's declaration of the reckless nuclear war exercises against the DPRK ... is a reckless behavior driving the situation into the uncontrollable phase of a nuclear war," North Korean state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmun said, using the acronym for Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the nation's official name.

The piece went on to say that the North Korean army can target the United States anytime, and neither Guam, Hawaii nor the US mainland can "dodge the merciless strike."

"The Korean People's Army is keeping a high alert, fully ready to contain the enemies. It will take resolute steps the moment even a slight sign of the preventive war is spotted," it said.

It did not provide any details on what it meant by "preventive war."

Guam in the firing line?

Just last week, Pyongyang said it had finalized a plan to fire four missiles toward the US territory of Guam, an important military outpost in the western Pacific. State media reported that leader Kim Jong Un would assess the US' next move before giving launch orders.

Kim would "watch a little more the foolish and stupid conduct of the Yankees," a North Korean statement said last week.

As tensions have quickly risen in recent weeks, concerned parties like China and Russia have tried to tout a proposal in which the US and South Korea would pause its military exercises in exchange for a freeze or pause of North Korean missile testing.

The US has rebuffed the efforts so far and insisted that the Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercises would go ahead as planned, arguing they are lawful under international law as opposed to North Korea's missile and nuclear tests.

Both US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defense James Mattis said last week that the US was keeping military options on the table in dealing with North Korea.

Tillerson said peaceful diplomatic pressure was the preferred way to get Pyongyang to stop its testing of nuclear-capable ballistic missiles. But he added that the diplomatic approach "has to be backed with military threat" if North Korea chooses to move forward with destabilizing actions.

Mattis also made clear the US' willingness to use force if North Korea steps out of line.

"In close collaboration with our allies, there are strong military consequences if the DPRK initiates hostilities," he said.

Promise from South Korea's President

As tensions escalate, South Korean President Moon Jae-in promised his citizens last week there "will be no war on the Korean Peninsula ever again."
Moon, who took office in May, announced on his 100th day in office that US and South Korean policies are aligned on North Korea.

President Trump assured South Korea he would consult with them before making any military decisions on North Korea, according to Moon.

Moon said North Korea's development of nuclear weapons technology was "nearing" a red line, which he described as "completing an ICBM and weaponizing it with a nuclear head."

North Korea claims it has successfully miniaturized a nuclear weapon. While some experts believe it may have the technology, others caution that even if it doesn't, North Korea should be taken at its word.

"If North Korea provokes again, it will face with much harsher sanction and won't stand it in the end. I want to warn North Korea to do no more dangerous gambling," Moon said.

His comments about averting war echoed similar statements he made Tuesday that only South Korea could give consent to initiate any conflict with the North.

"The government, putting everything on the line, will block war by all means," Moon said.

China weighs in

China has urged both Washington and Pyongyang to tone down the rhetoric and stop actions that inflame tensions, missile testing on North Korea's side and military exercises on the US and South Korean side.

China's Global Times newspaper, a state-run tabloid, was scathing of South Korea's decision to proceed with the drills.

"The drill will definitely provoke Pyongyang more, and Pyongyang is expected to make a more radical response," it said in an editorial.
"If South Korea really wants no war on the Korean Peninsula, it should try to stop this military exercise."
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 am

North Korea says US causing 'uncontrollable phase of a nuclear war' with military drills
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 02996.html

North Korea has threatened to unleash a "merciless strike" on American territory ahead of joint US-South Korea military drills.

Pyongyang warned the exercises, due to begin on Monday, were "reckless behaviour driving the situation into the uncontrollable phase of a nuclear war".

Thousands of troops will take part in 10 days of military simulations, designed to prepare American and South Korean forces for conflict with North Korea, amid heightened tensions in the peninsula.

Washington describes the drills as "defensive in nature" but Pyongyang has denounced them as a dress rehearsal for war.

"The Trump group's declaration of the reckless nuclear war exercises against the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea] ... is a reckless behaviour driving the situation into the uncontrollable phase of a nuclear war," said an editorial in official government newspaper Rodong Sinmun.

It declared North Korea's army could target the US mainland, Hawaii or the Pacific territory of Guam at any time, claiming America would be unable to "dodge the merciless strike".

"The US should pay heed to the statement of the DPRK government that we would not rule out the use of any final means," warned another article.

It added: "Reckless and wild acts of the US can accelerate its final ruin."

Pyongyang says it has drawn up plans to fire four missiles towards Guam but North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said last week he had delayed a decision on carrying out the strike.

Donald Trump had said the US military is "locked and loaded" should North Korea "act unwisely", having previously warned Pyongyang would face "fire and fury" if it continued to threaten America.

The escalating war of words, coupled with North Korea's rapid progress in developing nuclear weapons and missiles capable of reaching the US mainland, has fuelled a surge in tension.

The situation has added to pressure on the US and South Korea to stop the military drills. China, North Korea's main ally and trading partner, called for the suspension of the annual exercises in exchange for Pyongyang halting its nuclear programme.

But the US has refused to back down.

"My advice to our leadership is that we not dial back our exercises," said Joseph Dunford, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"The exercises are very important to maintaining the ability of the alliance to defend itself".

The US military describes the software behind the drills as "state-of-the-art wargaming computer simulations". There will be no field training during the exercise.

As part of the exercises, imagery from military satellites orbiting above the Korean peninsula is at times used to peer deep into North Korea, said a former South Korean government official who declined to be identified.

The US has about 28,000 troops in South Korea. Many of them will be joining thousands of South Korean forces in the exercises.

Other South Korean allies are also joining this year with with troops from Australia, the UK, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, the Netherlands andNew Zealand taking part.

Known as Ulchi Freedom Guardian, the joint drills have their roots in a 1968 raid on South Korea's Blue House presidential complex, when a North Korean army unit secretly entered South Korea and unsuccessfully attempted to assassinate the then president, Park Chung-hee.

The US had been conducting regular "command and control" drills in the years following the 1950-53 Korean War, but merged exercises with the South Korean military following the failed raid, in which all but two of the North Korean commandos were killed.
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 am

Kim Jong-Un secret escape route to China revealed as North Korea fears US strike
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/843287 ... e-China-US

KIM Jong-un has an escape plan for fleeing over the border to China in the event of a US military attack on North Korea, intelligence sources reveal.

UPDATED: 13:01, Sun, Aug 20, 2017

The dictator would take only a tiny group of people with him, including his wife and two rocket experts.

Details of the secret plan were given to MI5 and the CIA by Thae Yong-ho last year after his defection to the West.

The former deputy North Korean ambassador to Britain, once a trusted member of Kim’s inner sanctum, said the dictator would direct his country’s military response from the safety of Chinese soil, close to the Yalu river which marks the border of the two countries.

He would be accompanied by Lieutenant General Kim Rak-gyom, head of rocket forces and rocket scientist Kim Jong-sik.

But for reasons unknown the once-favoured former air force General Ri Pyong-chol has been axed from the list.

Chinese president Xi Jinping has said he would remain “neutral” if North Korea launched a military attack, but China would stand by the Pyongyang regime if the US struck first.

However, recent comments that both sides should “hit the brakes” on military rhetoric cast doubt on how much support China would actually give to troublesome North Korea.

Thae revealed details of the plan during a lengthy debrief in Kent following his defection, before his wife and two children were flown to South Korea through Germany.

For his escape, Kim would use one of two small aircraft which are permanently on fully fuelled stand-by.

The plane would take off from one of five airstrips close to palaces owned by the supreme leader.

Many also border private train stations, which could also form part of any escape plan.

One is adjacent to a palace in the port city of Wonsan. The Kim family also has a fortified compound on Wonsan bay, where the ruler entertained NBA basketball star Dennis Rodman in 2013.

It boasts a £5.4million yacht, the Princess, moored nearby, and water slides, theme park rides, and a football pitch.

Kim said that his wife, 27-year-old Ri Sol-ju, would fly in the second plane along with General Kim Jong-sik.

Kim’s daughter, Ju-ae, was not discussed, though Thae said the leader “spoke of her often”.

His choice of other companions is telling. Rocket scientist Kim Jong-sik, a general in the Munitions Industry Department, is credited with being behind a 2012 rocket that successfully entered a lower Earth orbit.

In February he accompanied dictator Kim to a long-range rocket launch site. State television showed him flying in Kim Jong-un’s private plane.

He accompanied the young leader down a red carpet and received flowers from other senior officials.

Lt General Kim Rak-gyom, head of North Korea’s Strategic Rocket Forces, recently accused US President Donald Trump of “going senile” and “extremely getting on the nerves” of his soldiers.

Dropped from the flight manifest, Ri Pyong-chol, who worked for Kim’s father, is now deputy director of the Workers’ Party Munitions Industry Department, which oversees the development of North Korea’s ballistic missile programme.

He has visited China and, when head of North Korea’s air force, in 2008 had a meeting with China’s defence minister.

In 2011 he toured a Russian fighter jet factory.

Last night an intelligence source confirmed: “The deputy ambassador said that Kim had two small Cessnalike single-engine planes, made in North Korea, which are always fuelled and ready to go.

“He gave us the names of three people who would accompany him, one of whom is the country’s top rocket scientist.”
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mollypup » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 am

So Little Fat Man plans to run to China..........

Interesting. Didn't China tell him publicly that he's on his own in this? I would imagine that would mean also no refuge.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters