• Advertisement

Benefits of Vinegar???

Our Panel of Medical Experts answers questions concerning disaster, pandemic and wilderness medicine

Moderators: TheSurvivalDoctor, littledoc, DrBones

Re: Benefits of Vinegar???

Postby whitebear54 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm

ForwardPreppers wrote:Hubs did some research on the cinnamon and thinks he might give it a try.

Blood work results after eating low(er) carb, losing 16 pounds and taking ACV each night for 3 months:

A1C - from 7.8 to 6.4
Glucose -from 180's to 111

He did notice more tummy trouble when he forgot to pack his vinegar last week in combination with eating out off his normal diet at home.
We will continue on our plan and see if it goes down again in 3 months.

Mrs FP

Woo Hoo! That is terrific. I'll keep trying it and see what happens to my A1C.
Visit my author website at www.RaymondDeanWhite.com
"Distrust of government is at the very core of what it means to be an American."
"Growing your own food is like printing your own money."
"If you aren't preparing to live you're preparing to die."
"While doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is only for fools and zealots."
whitebear54
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby ForwardPreppers » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

One big thing he gave up was "leaded" Mountain Dew. He drinks a diet Dew a few times a week now. Otherwise he drinks water or I make some cold brewed tea with a little honey.
People don't realize how many calories they're drinking from sugar.
We have cut out rice, pasta and potatoes.
Even though he only lost 16 pounds, it seemed to really make a difference.

Mrs FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:47 am

You can drop cholesterol by eating steel cut oats. I ate them for a couple months every morning for breakfast, dropped
my bad cholesterol 20 points, doc couldn't believe it. Need to continue, but got tired of them.

I just quit arthrotec, been having some heart issues, said I had a heart attack, waiting to get an ultrasound to see if valves
are ok. Read up on the diclofenac in that stuff, well they have known since the 70's it increases risk of heart attacks 40%!!!!
and of congestive heart failure!!!!. I have been so sick not even doing much canning. I quit that poo poo cold turkey 2 days ago
and already am feeling better. Doc tested for vitamin D, apparently low causes severe joint and bone pain, been taking
it for a month or so and it has improved. However, I'm waiting for the lower back issues, degenerative disk disease, and
my bad right ankle pain to come back full bore. But would rather have pain then die. Big pharma will do anything for
money, we have to be vigilant.

I'm not sure what I will do, they did give me hydrocodone, but I will only take 2 a day, and every few days quit taking any
to make sure I'm not getting addicted to the stuff, that scares me to death. I'm allowed 3 a day but won't take them. Now
I need to read up on it and see how it affects your heart too.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby whitebear54 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Time for an update. Two weeks ago my fasting blood sugar averaged around 163 and my A1C was 8.4.

I started taking a daily tonic of 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp Blue Agave Nectar and a heaping 1/2 tsp Cumin mixed in with the nectar before adding the vinegar. Can's say much for the taste other than it's downable.

I started adding 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon to my now daily yogurt. Yeah, I know, taco tasting yogurt is NOT my favorite.

Within one week my fasting blood sugar count dropped to an average of 119.

Our garden has started producing again now that the worst of the heat has passed (only 102 yesterday) so fresh salads are back on the table with every meal.

i went online to MyFitnessPal.com and started logging every bite of food to keep close track of my daily calorie consumption. Journaling works, folks.

I started swimming 1/2 mile, 4 times per week.

Today my fasting blood sugar was 93 and it's been in the 90's for almost a week.

Cinnamon, Vinegar and Cumin with a bit of exercise and improved diet works so well I'm adding tumeric with black pepper, Fenugreek and a few other supplements to my diet.

I feel better than I have in months and am definitely on the right track to reducing my A1C and getting off some of the diabetic meds I'm on. Oh, and I've lost a couple of pounds. My caloric intake on MyFitnessPal is set for me to lose 1 pound per week. I know that doesn't sound like much but so far I'm on target and if I keep this up for a year I'll be below 200 pounds for the first time since I was 45--and that's more than twenty years ago, folks.
Visit my author website at www.RaymondDeanWhite.com
"Distrust of government is at the very core of what it means to be an American."
"Growing your own food is like printing your own money."
"If you aren't preparing to live you're preparing to die."
"While doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is only for fools and zealots."
whitebear54
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Vinegar is also good to extract the essence of herbals instead of alcohol. Maybe some are better with vinegar or alcohol, I can't think of any right now. Ask an expert!
Right now I am make my second batch of "fire cider". ACV (Bragg's) It's a knock off of a commercial product, containing in part: ginger, hot peppers, horse radish, garlic, cinnamon, (turmeric when I get some fresh). Makes an immune boosting, tastebuds shocking shooter cut 50/50 with raw local honey. Easier to drink in a little warm water. Smells like a science experiment, but tastes better than it smells.
My plan is to take a tbsp of this in the AM and a tbsp of elderberry extract/honey (alcohol based) in the PM during cold/flu season. These can be increased to combat symptoms (horseradish WILL help clear your stuffy nose). DH calls them my "elixir of death"
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 pm

ForwardPreppers wrote:One big thing he gave up was "leaded" Mountain Dew. He drinks a diet Dew a few times a week now. Otherwise he drinks water or I make some cold brewed tea with a little honey.
People don't realize how many calories they're drinking from sugar.
We have cut out rice, pasta and potatoes.
Even though he only lost 16 pounds, it seemed to really make a difference.

Mrs FP

Sugar isn't the only harmful thing in pop. The phosphoric acid used is dangerously high, at the consumption levels some people drink. Osteoporosis, tooth decay, heart and kidney problems.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready

Postby ForwardPreppers » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Way to go white bear! It really is good to make a few small changes and stick with it. Hubs was so relieved to not be put on meds for diabetes. I hope you reach your weight loss goals.

Mrs FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers

Previous

Return to Medical Experts