• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

OK - Foot Care

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

OK - Foot Care

Postby Cadit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:23 am

Guys and Gals: Its known in the military that if you don't take care of your feet, you want go anywhere and can lead to death. I know there are or at least a few vets out there that remember and may have even had an issue on this subject. So; lets open up about this smelly subject and shed some light on it for those who may not know the real danger of not caring for your feet.

I was with the 18th airborne when I had a bad jump and injured my legs. It was night jump and everything that could go wrong did. two of my men had to pack me to the LZ for extraction. I thought my jump days were over. but to make a point; my team of sixteen men were out there for some intense jungle training and I the team leader was the first victim. My number two then took over and the guys came through it fine. My ankles and feet busted up and the Achilles tendons damaged. I wasn't walking anywhere and within a very short time my feet had swollen to about twice their size. So my accident took three men out; me and the two men that carried me out.

So; if you're down for any reason, then your team is too, or they leave your butt. OK: how about some tips here guys, educate some of our brother preppers in the need to keep them feet clean and in good shape for traveling .
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Re: OK - Foot Care

Postby arkieready » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:19 pm

If you are stashing extra boots, and you should be, in your get home gear, or b.o.b., make sure you have them broke in. I have packed my used boots, before they are broke down. With them I have a pair of footie stockings and good socks. If you use orthotics, have an extra set.
Mole skin or duct tape for sore spots.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby ajax727 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:25 am

Hera is my little story about a broke bone just above my ankle this will be the short version . I was on a job sight , I just gave a report on needed parts to a foreman told him I had to go lead a safety meeting before work started , this is done every morning before work starts . Well I turned and a pipe caught me just below my chin and I went down heard a crack sound and so did several others . Two other people help me get up off the ground . Walking was difficult there was a little bit of pain but not much . They did not carry me to a doctor for XRAYS but hemmed hauled around about it . This went on for a few weeks , I came home for turkey day but my doctor was closed . Went back to the job it was a 10 hour drive . Still had a limp came back home for Xmass did get to see my doctor he took an XRAY and I had a clean break . In short I walked around on a broke bone for a little over 12 weeks , went there doctor ask did I not know I had a broke leg I told him it bothered me a little bit but pain has been my pal for years .I am a lot tuffer than anybody from Texas (the company was from Texas ) yep I am a smartace also . All I am saying when your feet or legs get damaged unless you are one tuff SOB THEN YOU ARE SCREWED . Now I have a plate and eight screws .
When I was young and would say my back was hurting or my hip I was told to get back to work . So I have learned to deal with pain from a very young age . Some of us can block pain , some of us can not but that is just mind control I developed . On a side I have also been cut and also have been shot . I worked on my self I sowed up the cut that time and also took the bullet out when I got shot a year or so latter . No I could not go to a doctor because it would have been reported and I did not need the flack from LEO hell I would not have told them a darn thing anyway . I took care of the matter myself .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:25 pm

I get so much pain in my feet sometimes can't walk, just have to take a day off.
In an emergency I'm likely screwed. Like ajax said I have lived with pain all my
life so I can tolerate a lot, just have to, to get through each day. But its hard.

Not a bad cut or shot, hummm, you were lucky they weren't life threatening I
guess, don't think I could handle those.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby sageprice » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:22 pm

pasted down from a old gent to Me. Lots of Vaseline thick cotton and wool socks. Better greasy feet than trench foot. damage to your legs and feet will not only hinder you but will stay with you for a life time. Full leg boots for rough areas, but realize, they are good protection for work NOT hiking.
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby farmer_dude48 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 am

I broke a ankle once and put on a boot laced it up good and went to work anyway, Broke toes and little finger couple of times it wasn't to bad.. Tooth ache almost stops me though. I tried pulling one of my teeth one time to save money it was a amazing experience to say the least
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby Cadit » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Farmer, I know what you're saying. Unknown; I had become resistant to Novocain when I was having a root Canal done, so I had it done with no type of pain killer. The doc said he had already given me the maximum he could and I still had all my feeling. It was an experience to say the least. People just don't know how good we have it in areas like that until its gone or don't work on you anymore. Later I broke a tooth off and didn't want to go back to the dentist for another torture treatment, so I took a piece of whole clove and bit down on over the exposed never and burned it out. Now I have a broken tooth but no pain, but I must say; even that treatment is not for the faint of heart.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Return to A.N.T.S.