• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Where do you Draw the Line on Providing for the Family

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

Re: Where do you Draw the Line on Providing for the Family

Postby Cadit » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:07 am

I have seen some really great comments here and insight I did not know was there. Thanks to all of you for sharing, and please do so as others comment. Encourage all to keep and open mind and a trained mind, for the things we knew as a child were childish things, but as adults the more solute things become and are of life and death experience's. So; as mentioned here, let us act as humans and not as animals with out concern but with resolve to our families and ourselves.

My father had many a beliefs and most stuck, one such is: A Man is only as good as his word, if his word in no good, then the Man is no good. This I judge all by in my dealings. Because a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. And this type of man I will not trust with the lives of my family and friends.

Thank You All
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Postby daaswampman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Your father was a wise man! It is difficult to find an honest person today, as almost everyone is worried about what people will think while the truth gets lost! Honesty gets second place to popularity!

Simple questions are a great tool for picking your teammates. The PC answers are either not thought out or they are simple lies. Which is your favorite child? Mine is my youngest as we get alone best and I value his judgement! I love and care for all of them, but that was not the question. Try it and watch how weak people squirm! If a man has to think about the answer to a simple and direct question, he is working on a lie! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby sageprice » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:28 pm

My GOD has taught me you can not save those who are unwilling to be saved. . I can offer to teach but unless one gets off their dead a$$....oh, well.
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby Permafrost » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:28 am

A very interesting question, I would lump it in with cannibalism I think. I often wonder what I would do if I was flooded out or burned up by a forest fire post SHTF. The short answer is anything I have to. There are many survival tools of last resort that are less than savory options, but to not use them would bring shame and suffering to me and mine. A person can live with regrets, but first they must live through the situation.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby farmer_dude48 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:09 am

I have been a prepper since before y2k. I just didn't realize that was what it was called at the time. I remember my grand parents always having a garden and canning things and that's what I wanted to do. I try and talk to my BIL and SIL about prepping and storing food and water and they look at me kinda funny my kids are the same way . I was even told by a step daughter why should she buy water when the store on the corner always has it.... If God forbid shtf they will be on their own I will not take care of them if they won't try and take care of there selves .. I know it sounds harsh but they don't think anything bad will happen to them
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby pilgrimtr » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 am

after hurricane Ivan in 2004. I came home from the fire department after being on duty for 72 hours straight. only to find my wife family had move in. you see I bought a 20 KW generator three days before the storm hit and they know it. so we had 14 adults three babes. and seven dogs. power was out for fourteen days. since then I've watched this same people buy boats, cars, and all kinds of "toys". but not one them have prepped for hard times. so when Irma came through I told my wife if we get hit and lose power this time, we are not an evacuation center for the unprepared. I will lock the gate and they will not come in. we are debt free and have a store for gas, diesel, food , water. Because we prepared. And I am not a welfare compound. pilgrim :x :gunsmile:
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:48 am

pilgrimtr wrote:after hurricane Ivan in 2004. I came home from the fire department after being on duty for 72 hours straight. only to find my wife family had move in. you see I bought a 20 KW generator three days before the storm hit and they know it. so we had 14 adults three babes. and seven dogs. power was out for fourteen days. since then I've watched this same people buy boats, cars, and all kinds of "toys". but not one them have prepped for hard times. so when Irma came through I told my wife if we get hit and lose power this time, we are not an evacuation center for the unprepared. I will lock the gate and they will not come in. we are debt free and have a store for gas, diesel, food , water. Because we prepared. And I am not a welfare compound. pilgrim :x :gunsmile:

now throw in a different scenario where the food & water didn't come back in a few days - and the power never does .... how do you throw out relatives that are diminishing your family's survival goods by 4X the planned rate ...

OPSEC - it needs to be maintained the very best possible even during a natural disaster - once the secret is out - it can't be put back in the box ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Cadit » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am

Again; these are some very good comments. I remember things my dad always said, and I live my them. My kids know this and know that if they aren't helping them selves, don't come knocking on my door. I know that may sound hard but hard it what life's about.

My dad would say; a man is only as good as his word, if his word is no good, the man is no good. Also he always said: I help those who are helping themselves. He didn't mean stealing, looting or begging.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Previous

Return to A.N.T.S.