• Advertisement

EMP, no electricty, etc

Post General Washington Topics here

Moderator: MrDanB

EMP, no electricty, etc

Postby idahobeef » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:29 am

So I was reading some post-EMP books (CME) and thought about the survivors situation. I think some of the most unique things I read about in these articles is trading non-electical doo-dads. My guess is that they would be things like hand-held bleach makers and items from this brilliant guy:

https://www.instructables.com/member/ROBO%20HUB/

I loved his handpowered pop can torch, mini fume extractor, mini-sander, smal generator, and water pump. Check him out, he has great ideas!
idahobeef

Re: EMP, no electricty, etc

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:43 am

idahobeef wrote:So I was reading some post-EMP books (CME) and thought about the survivors situation. I think some of the most unique things I read about in these articles is trading non-electical doo-dads. My guess is that they would be things like hand-held bleach makers and items from this brilliant guy:

https://www.instructables.com/member/ROBO%20HUB/

I loved his handpowered pop can torch, mini fume extractor, mini-sander, smal generator, and water pump. Check him out, he has great ideas!

all well and good - but for practicality, try actually prepping with reliable equipment and tools - that's what the basic premise of prepping is - ready with the correct answer to the SHTF problem - being able to improvise is a great prepper tool to have in your personal toolbox - but half azzing critical survival isn't ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Blondie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:38 am

Try a local supplier to the Amish.

Lehman's advertises themselves as such. They got their roots as a hardware store in Ohio's Amish country but it's more of a tourist attraction now. Hand crank wash tub with wringer, soap making supplies, oil lamps, to name a few.

I was down there over 4th of July. Lots of really dumb looks on people's faces. Kinda the same dumb looks at the Mennonite bulk store.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby NJMike » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 am

I buy antique tools and used non-electric kitchen implements when I can get them inexpensively. Lanterns, hand saws, bits and braces, can openers, hand mixers, and grinders are examples.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Return to Washington Discussion, News and Weather