• Advertisement

Militarization of the Hamptons

Post General Washington Topics here

Moderator: MrDanB

Militarization of the Hamptons

Postby idahobeef » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:54 am

WOW did you guys see this article?! I think its creepy yer presient (sp?). Comments? Thoughts?

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... e-hamptons
idahobeef

Re: Militarization of the Hamptons

Postby handyman777 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 am

See what money can buy !!!; will they be there when "The sh*t really hits the fan".
Or go home to their families.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:00 am

The Hamptons are one of the elite retreat areas to keep an eye on when a SHTF is on the pending edge - the powerbrokers and celebs will be vacating NYC in droves - if they can't jet out to parts unknown they'll head to their weekend place by car, train and even helicopter ....

if you know anyone that has any kind of connections around The Hamptons or those exit routes out of the city - have them jingle you with any unusually heavy elite traffic ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Blondie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:09 am

I'm wondering if what they're seeing in part isn't Blackwarer aka Academi. They have branched into private security. Get the Sheriff or local PD to swear you in for an event and you can be force du jour as needed.

Handyman, Erik Prince's sister is Betsy DeVoss. What a dang coincidence. ;)
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 am

Blondie wrote:I'm wondering if what they're seeing in part isn't Blackwarer aka Academi. They have branched into private security. Get the Sheriff or local PD to swear you in for an event and you can be force du jour as needed.

Handyman, Erik Prince's sister is Betsy DeVoss. What a dang coincidence. ;)

more like more sophisticated personal bodyguard types from the FED agencies and major city detective departments - these guys are dressing commando for show in the picture - everyday work attire you couldn't spot them - thug behavior and manners wouldn't cut it around that area ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 am

I have family (by marriage) who have houses in the Hamptons.

There are two worlds there:
The rich, elite.
And their servants or support staff (house keepers, the nanny, their chauffeurs, landscappers etc.) aka "The Help."

Two worlds that only touch superficially.

If these security forces have any clue, at the onset of a SHTF event, they would likely beat feet and leave these soft handed, 1% to their own fate.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby daaswampman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:26 pm

This is not unique to the Hampton's. Anywhere the right people live, there will be security. A friend lives North of Dallas in one of those 15 mil dollar town homes complete with every kind of staff. The security is plain clothes, but every bit as able, armed, and trained as any SWAT unit in the country.

Hard to say what will happen when it hits the fan, but I would want to be near the resources and I would guess those people will get it before us. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Return to Washington Discussion, News and Weather