• Advertisement

2017 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Preparedness General Discussion

Moderator: medic94

Re: 2017 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month

Postby IceFire » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Mr. Rattlesnake made another appearance again last night. THIS time, when the dogs started making a ruckus, I went out with a flashlight AND my .357 loaded with shotshells. Snake was just outside the fence, right along the end of the house (I think he was LIVING under it :eek: Shot hi a couple of times with the shotshells, but I think that the shot inside the shells was too small to do much more than distract him and get him to uncoil. Fortunately, Son-in-law heard the shots and came over with the Judge, and put 3 shots of .45 LC into the snake...just about took its head off. At least I don't have to wory about coming out of the house and getting bitten (or having one of the dogs get bitten) anymore.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 2017 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month

Postby rickdun » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 am

Got the oats in and plowed 7 acre field and winter wheat planted. Rotated 30 gallons of gas and refilled containers. Brought down 3 loads of wood from upper field and stacked for for next winter.

Got my ebay order of 50 feet of wicks for lanterns. Wife canned a punch of sweet corn and and potatoes. The garden is ready now to plant winter onions and my garlic for next year.

Archery season starts tomorrow here in Pa., taking the grandson out for his first time.

At one of the local grange fairs, the grandson took 2nd place for his garlic got a check for $1.75, the granddaughter took 1st place for her pumpkin pie got a check for $5.00 and the wife took 1st place for her apple pie got a check for $25.00 and she can go to Harrisburg for the state bake.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Previous

Return to General Preparedness Discussion