• Advertisement

Prep Concerns for Korean 'Conflict'

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Re: Prep Concerns for Korean 'Conflict'

Postby Straydog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 am

TRex2 wrote:
ThePrepared wrote:Whatever the outcome may be, Kim's moves the last few weeks around the Olympics have been very, very savvy. Likely instigated by Beijing. Will be interesting to watch it unfold, especially if Moon takes the invite to go to Pyongyang.

I went inside North Korea recently. Has anyone else in these forums? Curious about other preppers who've visited.
why on earth would you do that?

Was thinking the same thing. Seems about like the guy and his wife complaining they were kidnapped in Afghanistan or whatever a while back. Does not seem to be a common sense choice to me but like all things I suppose there was a reason. :shakeno:
Straydog
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby ThePrepared » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Straydog wrote:
TRex2 wrote:
ThePrepared wrote:Whatever the outcome may be, Kim's moves the last few weeks around the Olympics have been very, very savvy. Likely instigated by Beijing. Will be interesting to watch it unfold, especially if Moon takes the invite to go to Pyongyang.

I went inside North Korea recently. Has anyone else in these forums? Curious about other preppers who've visited.
why on earth would you do that?

Was thinking the same thing. Seems about like the guy and his wife complaining they were kidnapped in Afghanistan or whatever a while back. Does not seem to be a common sense choice to me but like all things I suppose there was a reason. :shakeno:

I sincerely understood the risks going in, and did it eyes wide open. And I always made sure I had an unopened pack of American smokes to use as bribes, which saved my butt more than once -- like when I accidentally banged my head against the glass case holding the basketball signed by the Chicago Bulls!

It's not always easy to answer the "why go?" question. I wanted to see if a place in the world is truly as bad / crazy as the perception we are given in the media etc. For example, I've learned Iran is not the threat some make it out to be. DPRK (North Korea) is the only place I've been that was as bad as portrayed. Although it was in more subtle ways than you picture in your head.

There's also some Mt. Everest elements -- it was there, and I could, and it was a unique challenge. We feel real fear so little in our western lives, and I wanted to take a calculated fear gamble.

If you'd like to see more, here's my post as a prepper inside North Korea.
ThePrepared

Postby TRex2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:36 am

It's not always easy to answer the "why go?" question. I wanted to see if a place in the world is truly as bad / crazy as the perception we are given in the media etc.

OK, I can sort of see that. I guess the places the military sent me provided the sights and experiences to fulfill that answer. But also, you have to realize, unless you look exactly like a Korean and speak the language fluently, you never escaped the N.K. government's controlled display area. You never got to see life in small cities where Americans are not allowed, and never got to see the Artillery Emplacements and missile launch sites that threaten South Korea.

You might not find much to learn from this article, but for the curious:
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/8/29/160 ... korea-maps
Remember, though, VOX is a liberal outlet, and so, some of what they say might actually be downplaying the reality of the situation.

For example, I've learned Iran is not the threat some make it out to be.

The threat from Iran is subtle and hidden.
Some of it is actually classified, so it is
not surprising you do not see it, because
they do not want you to see it.

DPRK (North Korea) is the only place I've been that was as bad as portrayed. Although it was in more subtle ways than you picture in your head.

Glad you could see through some of the subtleties.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Previous

Return to General Family Preparedness