• Advertisement

Sun update...CME incoming...Very active sunspot.

Tips to prepare for natural disasters like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc...

Moderator: medic94

Sun update...CME incoming...Very active sunspot.

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Just general awareness right now...Not enough info yet.

The southern group has developed very rapidly the last day and intermixing grew fast. Earth facing and has had 3 flares in the M class range today so far and will continue to be active for the next few hours at least.

One CME for sure and most likely not too big but E-spire is not updated yet.

More to come later if significant or watch worthy....

~D
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Re: Sun update...CME incoming...Very active sunspot.

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Give up.png
Give up.png (89.53 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Oh, puleeeeeeeaaaaase ..... I can't take anymore. :shakeno: NOPE .... not. One. More. Thing. :shakeno: . . . . :help:
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Stahlrosen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
Give up.png
Oh, puleeeeeeeaaaaase ..... I can't take anymore. :shakeno: NOPE .... not. One. More. Thing. :shakeno: . . . . :help:

^^^ THIS ^^^
Stahlrosen

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Not much we can do about something like that. Damn scarey.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby daaswampman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Well ain't we just a bundle of good news! Thanks for the update as this is the first I heard of it! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Straydog » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Now some food for thought... What if, and I have not checked dates or times or days, but what if the little fat man decides to work some "magic" on or around the same time. We won't know what has happened until after the fact when it is obviously too late but just a passing thought.
Straydog
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby dmwalsh568 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 am

PatrioticStabilist wrote:Not much we can do about something like that. Damn scarey.

While we can't protect the grid ourselves, we CAN take measures to prevent damage from geomagnetic storm induced currents in our personal electronics. Unplug everything you can, and retract or remove any antennas that you can. It's long cables that gather the energy from a geomagnetic storm and if you disconnect the cables you should be fine.

And anything stored in a faraday cage against nuclear EMP will also be fine from a geomagnetic event, but it's overkill - just removing cables should be enough.

Of course you still need to be prepared for a multi-year grid down event, since the transformers and any unprotected electronics connected to the grid will be damaged...but your electronics would be ok when the grid starts coming back....
dmwalsh568

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am

OK guys and gals....PLEASE...RELAX.

This is just science.....And yes, I AM a bundle of joy thank you. :rofl:

I IN NO WAY want anyone to become fearful on my updates here. This is just general awareness for preppers by a prepper promoting understanding thru education vs fear and "Head in the sand" syndrome. :)
(Not saying any of you are or will be, just being careful here)

IF we ever have anything that I consider dangerous I will make it absolutely clear that I think it's that in any updates that I might give....Please also remember I am not a scientist...Just an average Joe that's made this specific topic of study a personal passion and studied anywhere from 5 min to 5 hours per week for the last 5 years....In other words I still consider myself just above novice. ;)

****If anyone here feels they don't like the updates please do make it known and I'll stop...I will not be offended in any way whatsoever.****
I'd rather keep the info to myself than promote fear to anyone.

I know we have a lot going on right now...Personal loss, Hurricanes, N.Korea, The SUN....It's all a lot to process at one time but I do sincerely believe knowledge is power. Pre-warned is pre-pared(see what I did there?...lol :D )

OK....so, for the update....

#1....There is nothing to fear from this event.

The southern group on the disk did indeed flare 8 times total yesterday with some in the M class range......There could be more as polarity mixing is still pretty significant and active.
(yes that's a lot for Earth facing these days, but like I said it's all good.)

M class we pay attention to......X class is something to be a bit more concerned with but we've had those hits too in the past and been fine.

SPIR has been updated to show the impact from NASA now.
(Real-time model projections. Image only good for a few days)

The K index will show as things ramp up out of the green.(Again, real-time and will change with current storm levels)

We expect an arrival tomorrow.
Strong solar storm weather should be expected and of interest to watch for better aural displays depending upon time of impact...Possible but lower likelihood will be satellite interruption, brief cellular interruptions, TV interference, maybe a couple of small, local, brief power outages to be restored quickly from line fires or transformer pops....again, nothing to fear for now just of interest to watch.

Unplugging of sensitive electronics would only be for surging power lines and not from this specific CME in my opinion...I'll unplug my computer for a few hours, IF ANYTHING, out of an extra abundance of caution...even if you don't you'll probably be just fine.(Don't know enough as an "Expert" to give advice in this area or not)

Ben, as always, has been my most significant teacher on this subject matter along with my additional studies over these years and he puts together excellent videos so here is his update and analysis for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7CZiJrafO0

I have to go to my actual paying job now as I'm really late getting this out to ya'll.... :rofl:

Love ya all....no fear.
Enjoy the day. :thumbup:

~D

Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Stahlrosen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Oh please don't stop posting these! I find them very informative! :shakeyes:
Stahlrosen

Postby msdeltamom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:07 pm

I appreciate the extra info myself. I have the Solar Alert app and have seen a few alerts but I like to know the details! :) Thanks!
msdeltamom

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:19 pm

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:
I know we have a lot going on right now...Personal loss, Hurricanes, N.Korea, The SUN....It's all a lot to process at one time

'Ya think???? :eek:
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby TRex2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:06 am

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:Just general awareness right now...Not enough info yet.

The southern group has developed very rapidly the last day and intermixing grew fast. Earth facing and has had 3 flares in the M class range today so far and will continue to be active for the next few hours at least.

One CME for sure and most likely not too big but E-spire is not updated yet.

More to come later if significant or watch worthy....

(image clipped)

~D

The trouble is, as best I can tell, that most people were attracted to the image, and let that first statement slip out of their mind. Most people here are not science majors, so, not understanding much of what was written in between, they took this as a warning, rather than just info.

You might want to add the bottom line, in big letters:
This poses a minor to moderate threat to long range communications,
and some satellites, but should give us some beautiful Northern Lights.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am

OK guys...Pretty big update here. Important........Sorry mom, I'm just the news guy. Hang in there... ;)

***So we had a bigger, additional 2 separate flares around early this morning...It is too early for full analysis but I will be all over this today and will be updating accordingly.

The most important thing here in this specific post I can state is these new flares is the ones the fear mongers love to hype up and drive the fear thru the roof to get as many clicks as possible on their websites and videos.

Don't let it get you worked up too much until we have additional info.

So, by popular request for large bold print...lol....WE DONT THINK THIS IS EVEN CLOSE TO A KILL SHOT FOR NOW...

More info needs to be looked at but it does indeed look to have set off a large CME....These were both X level flares...A X9.2 flare followed by a X9.8 - X9.9....pretty big. 15th largest in recorded history, biggest in the last 12 years.
IRMA is going to ramp up...there is a direct relation of spaceweather into up-surging typhoon/hurricane weather.

NASA's websites are a little overwhelmed right now but I was able to see initial HALO on STEREO A before it glitches out......Please understand this is not reliable info yet.

I will update ASAP with any credible info.....For your sanity, please, any videos where you here someone talking urgently, over-excitedly, screaming, frothing at the mouth, etc...Do not let their emotions dictate yours.

Sorry i cant be more specific than that for now but this is an important update that I had to post....Anything less would be negligent on my part at this point.

Hang in there guys and I'll update ASAP today.

~D

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby TRex2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:04 pm

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:OK guys...Pretty big update here. Important....

Don't let it get you worked up too much until we have additional info.

So, by popular request for large bold print...lol...
.WE DONT THINK THIS IS EVEN CLOSE
TO A KILL SHOT FOR NOW...

...Please understand this is not reliable info yet.

I will update ASAP with any credible info...
..For your sanity, please, any videos where you here someone
talking urgently, over-excitedly, screaming, frothing at the mouth, etc..
.Do not let their emotions dictate yours.

Sorry i cant be more specific than that for now but this is an important update
that I had to post....Anything less would be negligent on my part at this point.

Hang in there guys and I'll update ASAP today.

~D
:clap:
You are now the #1 Sunspot and CME updater on the Internet! :thumbsup:
:wave:
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm

lol....Thanks TRex2

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Next

Return to Natural Disasters