• Advertisement

Sun update...CME incoming...Very active sunspot.

Tips to prepare for natural disasters like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc...

Moderator: medic94

Re: Sun update...CME incoming...Very active sunspot.

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:39 pm

OK...Update so far on the X class that popped this AM...

HALO on Stereo A is fully visible now(Earth directed for sure)

This one is definitely bigger but again, needs more analysis still before more info can be ascertained on the effects we should expect.

You can see it yourself if you want to before NASA updates the SPIRE by going here and then following the steps below....

https://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/images

In telescope choose "AHEAD COR2"

Then in display choose "Slideshow"

Then on the right click "Search"

It will start playing the most current images as a slideshow....Currently it's in frame #'s from 45-57 as they play but that will change as time passes.

More ASAP.... :thumbup:

~D

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby TRex2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:37 pm

I was looking at the diagram of the solar system in the GIF showing the flares.
I notice the Osiris, Spitzer, and Stereo satellites are on the same
orbital distance as we are. Are they also on the same orbital plane?

Also, Osiris looks like it is in our gravity well. Is it Geosynchronous?
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Osiris-REx....asteroid grabber...NASA will explain it much better than I for you...cool vids too...lol.https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/4482

Spitszer...space telescope....Earth-trailing orbit....infrared viewer...studies early universe development, dust disk around planets, young galaxies...primarily important for figuring out planet formation---trails us and drifts 1/10th AU per year....http://www.spitzer.caltech.edu/mission/195-Clever-Choice-of-Orbit

Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:01 pm

OK...Looks like the first impacts from the M classes a few days ago are hitting us now...Watch the solar wind speed(In purple)... Most recent data is on the right.....We should expect 3.(lol...I'm such a nerd :rofl: )

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/real-time-solar-wind

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby theoutback » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:34 pm

I knew you would be on this Driven.....! Sounds like this x9.3 is serious. Ben said he thinks there is a 10% chance this could be a Carrington event, did I get that right? Here's his latest video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXu4JmbvzU
theoutback

Postby msdeltamom » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:48 pm

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote: frothing at the mouth, etc...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, my immaturity is showing. Just a little.
msdeltamom

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:16 pm

theoutback wrote:I knew you would be on this Driven.....! Sounds like this x9.3 is serious. Ben said he thinks there is a 10% chance this could be a Carrington event, did I get that right? Here's his latest video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXu4JmbvzU

Hi Outback....

Well, I know you follow this a little more than others do. You know my and Ben's SEVERE aversion to promoting fear. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say this one is a little harder to ignore the more info we are getting....

More info is needed still...but, I do agree with Ben that we need to pay very close attention. A 90% chance that we don't have too much to worry about but I don't agree with putting #'s out there as a percentage yet...It's still too soon but yes, this one is big.

I also would be lying if I didn't say that I have indeed buttoned up my faraday cage and filled the gas tanks but hey, I'm a prepper. :innocent:

I'm currently reaching out to some of my higher contacts as It's a little weird I'm not even hearing about this one in the local news feeds as a newsworthy mention with the laughing news anchor.

It could be there just too much with the hurricanes and Trump announcements on NAGDA but not even a small blip in the news?
Smaller events but of note in the past were noted within about 12-15 hours normally.....Makes me go "Hmmmmmmm?"
3 different NASA announcements today and nothing from them either.

More as I get it....

~D

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 pm

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby theoutback » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:04 am

I agree, it's a little too early to get too exercised, but I did hedge my bets. Went down to home depot and bought another metal trash can, some more batteries, more water and some chlorine. I had bought a new weather radio and another Boefeng radio I want to (try) to protect. I had to take this pretty serious as Ben does not normally say some of the things he said, quite a departure from his normal daily feeds.

Our daughter came by, so we went though things w/ her and texted our son. She did get the implications should this turn out to be bad and took things very seriously. We sent her home w/ a 1 week bucket and a case of water. I also sent Ben's feed to others.

Great dry run if nothing else!
theoutback

Postby TRex2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:54 am

theoutback wrote:I agree, it's a little too early to get too exercised, but I did hedge my bets. Went down to home depot and bought another metal trash can, some more batteries, more water and some chlorine. I had bought a new weather radio and another Boefeng radio I want to (try) to protect. I had to take this pretty serious as Ben does not normally say some of the things he said, quite a departure from his normal daily feeds.

Our daughter came by, so we went though things w/ her and texted our son. She did get the implications should this turn out to be bad and took things very seriously. We sent her home w/ a 1 week bucket and a case of water. I also sent Ben's feed to others.

Great dry run if nothing else!

Metal trash can is way overkill for protection from a CME (only threat to a Boefeng radio would be if it were plugged into a charger, on commercial power, and even that is only a mild threat). But the upsides are that you now also have basic protection from a nuclear EMP, and if that doesn't happen, you definitely know where your electronics are stored :D
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:06 am

LOL...Dry runs are never a bad idea....My cars have full tanks of gas at least. :rofl:

ON THE GOOD NEWS FRONT....

I've had contact from an associate and now with the Enlil updated this is looking much better.....THIS is EXACTLY why we don't promote fear. :shakeyes:

I'll now say I think likelihood of this event producing electrical grid failure at a 0.1% chance(Anything significant anyways)....We can still have a stacking effect of both X level CME's hitting at the same time tomorrow the denseness looks mellow compared to the speed......May see a transformer pop or two but I honestly believe now this is just going to be another event of just educational purposes....

Oh, but go on YouTube and the rabid mouth frothers websites and listen to the fear monger HOWL!!!.....lol.

"Lots to see here folks, but move along...Move along".....Enjoy the light show. :) :thumbup:

~D

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby kenjabroni » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks for all these updates Driven. I follow the threads you put here pretty closely on this because I do not see it anywhere else. I really need to get to those sites you link but laziness and busyness (yeah not a word) just keep me from doing it as of yet. I still feel like a lot of it is chinese but your charts and graphs and such sure do make it a bit more easy.
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby theoutback » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 am

Splain it to us Driven, did it get here early? Sounds like some pretty good geo storms last night and a 8.1 quake in Mexico. Lots of outages, disruptions, fires, etc....

http://spaceweathernews.com/
theoutback

Postby dmwalsh568 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 am

It did hit last night, but I had overcast skies, so no aurora siting by my home. But there were some nice pictures of the auroras over Cape Cod on the morning news. Oh well, maybe next storm.
dmwalsh568

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:31 am

Morning all....Late for work and also running a small experiment...lol. :innocent:

I will explain all as easy as possible in a bit but sort of want to see something in a different thread before going into detail and see the answers there first.(We had an issue here last night and its got my curiosity up)

If you know what I'm referring to already(Outback...lol), try not to post about it in the other thread so it doesn't bias the feedback I might get there....

Yes...the earthquake and hurricane are effected from the impacts.

My brother lives in Tampa and I told him last night to get out of there even though the track was showing it going to the East of them....Knowing how the speeds would be increasing after the impacts I told him to ignore the news as it was going to go west......not good.

Jose is REALLY going to ramp up also in my personal estimates based on past analysis.....

Katia in the gulf will be something to watch as well....

Watch along the equator here and storm development in the coming days.... https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=287.58,19.84,420

Got to run...More later...Take care all.... We are on high Earthquake watch for the next 24 hrs.

~D

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Disasters