https://youtu.be/l30eClrQtCA
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Re: Irma

Postby Blondie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:58 am

Your girl just got upgraded to a Category 5+.

That's according to ZH.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Stahlrosen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Our WM is already out of regular gas due to "supply issues". I would imagine another hurricane anywhere on US mainland will only add to those issues. :eek:

Edit: Just saw where they ordered mandatory evacuation of the FL Keys.
Stahlrosen

Postby kenjabroni » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:39 pm

There are stations in my town without fuel. Only one has remained in stock somehow. The city I work in 40 miles away has more fuel but stations are still running out here and there. I think Irma could make things much worse as big and bad as shes getting
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby founderant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:03 pm

I agree
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby Cadit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 am

I agree; gas is getting low here as well, near Monroe. I had one tell me that he has had to get resupplied already. Water is off the shelves and along with many other items normally bought up in preparation of a storm. Gas prices continue to rise and gas cans are starting to get hard to find.

And if Irma should hit, it will get a lot worse before it gets better. If you don't have it now, you may not be able to get it for a while. Best to be prepared well before it happens. A friend of mine call yesterday and asked If had plenty of water, then a little later said that Wal-Mart and other stores were already out, no water to be had anywhere around here.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Postby ForwardPreppers » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:10 pm

SC had declared a State of Emergency already. I'm surprised GA hasn't as well. We are concerned about high winds even inland causing power outages here in the rural areas.

My mom, on the MS Gulf Coast says people are really concerned since it hit Cat 5 and could turn their way. Supplies of water running low already at WM on HWY 49. She has her 72 hour kit and plenty of food, they just wanted to get some water.

Mrs FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator

Postby Stahlrosen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Just saw the latest projection running it up the center of FL :(
Stahlrosen

Postby ReadyMom » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 pm

ForwardPreppers wrote:SC had declared a State of Emergency already. I'm surprised GA hasn't as well. We are concerned about high winds even inland causing power outages here in the rural areas.

My mom, on the MS Gulf Coast says people are really concerned since it hit Cat 5 and could turn their way. Supplies of water running low already at WM on HWY 49. She has her 72 hour kit and plenty of food, they just wanted to get some water.

Mrs FP

You know what is driving me crazy?

People going nuts because they can't BUY water!

I'm having this same conversation with my cousin who is going in circles trying to BUY water, in Fla! She is a single working mom with two young kids. Very little prep time for this thing. I've given her as many quick prep tips as I can think of. 'Out of the Box' kinda tips, too, to help her. And her last post on FB was asking anyone who sees water in area stores to let her know! WHAT??? Get some frickin' containers, quick running in circles and FILL them from your TAP! :ouch: :ouch: I told her so much ... in a much nicer way :innocent: . I haven't heard from her, since this morning. I hope she found her water. :crazy:
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Floridaclipper » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:04 pm

Stahlrosen wrote:Just saw the latest projection running it up the center of FL :(

Of course. That's where I'm at ;) North Central FL. Gas, bleach and other supplies are hard to find. Many who haven't prepared are struggling to think outside the box to get what they need. Case and point fill your own water bottles. Doom and Gloom is everywhere in the media. People are starting to show their nature. Some of the gas stations have police officers there to keep the peace and keep the traffic organized. The lines are long. I keep the tank topped off due to a long work commute. So far I've been lucky. In other places it's neighbor helping neighbor. I'm planning to ride it out. I'm expecting tropical force winds to 120 mph depending on where she turns. Best case is she goes up the east coast and out to sea keeping the upper right quadrant offshore. Worst case is in the gulf and crossing over the state. Either way I'll have all the main tasks complete by tomorrow and then turning to comfort items. I have to give the Orlando paper some props. With all the scary reporting one columnist did something helpful She posted an article eat well during a hurricane and included recipes. Good tasting food can really brighten one's spirits.

Hope you all stay safe.
Florida region 3
Floridaclipper

Postby pilgrimtr » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:20 am

I was listening to rush a few days ago and heard him say. go in to you kitchen there you will find a sink at the top of the sink you will find a faucet. take a bottle and fill it you will then have bottled water. "(DUH) Me not Rush"
Also I have lived on the gulf coast all my life. at the start of hurricane season we fill a barrel with gas, and at the end of the hurricane season we use it in are vehicle's. so we are not wasting money. and we don't have to sit in lines trying to get gas. and if you say you don't have the money to do that. you do have it, you just need to plan better. YOUR NOT SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY. you will use the gas. it's not like your going to quit driving after hurricane season. ;) pilgrim
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Cadit » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:19 pm

I to have been doing what all good preppers do and got my water some time back, stored up. Most people (non-preppers) never think of their hot water heater, and most have 40 gallon tanks. Now; with the wife and me as the ones using water in our home, and at a bare minimal of 2 gallons a day, we will still have enough just in the tank for 20 days. And if it pours rain like most hurricanes do, I would sit my buckets and such out to catch it. Hun; more water to drink?

Plus I have a Berkey to clean up that swamp water for drinking. Non-preppers don't have the right mind-set, they are waiting on someone else to provide for them, our wonderful government in play. Water & food sources all around them and they will thirst or starve to death because they are waiting one someone other than themselves to provide for them. So sad.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Postby anita » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 pm

I took Illini's suggestion and sent my son a couple of collapsible water jugs. He's in Houston and was filling the tub and every container he could when he thought the water/power were going to be cut off. He's in a one-bedroom apartment and there's not a lot of room to store stuff, so these are a good option. They arrived today so he's ready for the next one (we hope Houston has met their quota on horrible hurricanes while he's there.)
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby daaswampman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:49 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
ForwardPreppers wrote:SC had declared a State of Emergency already. I'm surprised GA hasn't as well. We are concerned about high winds even inland causing power outages here in the rural areas.

Mrs FP

You know what is driving me crazy?

People going nuts because they can't BUY water!

I'm having this same conversation with my cousin who is going in circles trying to BUY water, in Fla! She is a single working mom with two young kids. Very little prep time for this thing. I've given her as many quick prep tips as I can think of. 'Out of the Box' kinda tips, too, to help her. And her last post on FB was asking anyone who sees water in area stores to let her know! WHAT??? Get some frickin' containers, quick running in circles and FILL them from your TAP! :ouch: :ouch: I told her so much ... in a much nicer way :innocent: . I haven't heard from her, since this morning. I hope she found her water. :crazy:

You must be kidding!!! Emergency water comes in little bottles wrapped 24 to a carton! Mine are marked Dasani and I have matching bottles of flavoring for every emergency!

I have a lot of water stored and water sources, but the above is exactly what I keep in my storm shelter! From actual experience - it is much easier to manage in a shelter and easier to get kids / old folks to drink during short duration emergencies! I also keep lots of treats and snack foods for those not of the hardcore survival mode. Survival with style! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Return to A.N.T.S.