• Advertisement

Greetings from South Texas!

Tips to prepare for natural disasters like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc...

Moderator: medic94

Greetings from South Texas!

Postby conjomen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 pm

I don't know why I didn't think about posting here! I've seen Mylar bags of supplies coming in as donations! Thank you PREPPERS!!!
I just want to send a giant shout out and thank you to all the preppers who sent donations our way here in Rockport.
My family and I were safe and ready for the storm so the day after(the storm) we cleaned up our house and yard...the day after(that)we were out volunteering in the surrounding communities. Myself my friends and family and church members received tons of supplies from around the country. It was a blessing! The little church I'm associated with had fed clothed and provided supplies for around 300 families before a single government or large organization showed up! All from private donations and churches. I know there were peppers sending supplies because of the Mylar packed bags with hand written labels!
All of you who sent goods,money, or prayers we all thank you!
Long story short you can't count on the government to save you...but you can count on your neighbors friends and fellow peppers!
Dream like you will live forever, Live like you will die today[size=85][/size]
conjomen
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Re: Greetings from South Texas!

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:30 pm

So glad you are oke and grateful for your post updating us on your local situation.

There ARE good people. Disasters are bitter sweet in the way the hurt yet bring out the best in folks.

God bless you and continue to protect you & your family!
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mollypup » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:08 am

Glad you're well conjomen!

And yes, friends, neighbors, & preppers are reliable........

I'm sure you'll see more mylar. The truck here is about to pull out (or might have already).

Odd conversations at work tonight. Not just on Texas either. Between the wonky weather (we're now having late Oct weather) and NK..........folks are stocking up. I've several reliable (previously unknown) local preppers to lean on should anything happen at work. Cheers a person up to know that a great deal of their fellow employees have BOBs in their cars.

Storm heading in now does have me worried. (Irma) I've got kids & grandkids in the predicted path on vacation. They're planning on leaving prior to the storms arrival. I reminded them.......most people will be leaving, not just them & to pack accordingly. I hope they make it out with plenty of room to spare.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby ForwardPreppers » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Great to hear from you in Rockport. I have cried tears of sorrow AND tears of joy watching the news. And yes, you know you have prepper help when you see Mylar! Woop!
Most Preppers are VERY kind hearted and willing to help their fellow man.

Blessing to all of you!
Mrs FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator

Postby conjomen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:46 am

We are still very busy with the clean up and getting people help and supplies. I wish I could answer all replys directly and individual but time constraints prevent that but thank u all.Some folks are coming home to nothing. If you have family or friends in need down here please send them to the little lights learning center123 south doughty street in Rockport Texas. We are blessed and have been able to help everyone who needs anything. I hope to be able to write a post about what I learned and any holes in my preps as soon as I have time(and if y'all are interested). I'm not a very good writer though... We are the "boots on the ground" so the days are long and very busy but I still wanted to say Thank you all! And let Everyone who sent stuff know it's appreciated! Everyone know us Texans are praying for everyone in the path of the storm and fires and God willing our little group will be on our way to the clean up and recovery efforts. Please stay safe and keep your powder dry!
Dream like you will live forever, Live like you will die today[size=85][/size]
conjomen
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Return to Natural Disasters