• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Irma's evac zones

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

Irma's evac zones

Postby founderant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Apparently the only people that should not be in the evac zones are the people who live there, because the reporters and storm chasers are having a good ole time standing in the wind waiting for something to hit them. Standing by the water waiting to play in the storm surge, and laughing from the balconies of their hotels. Meanwhile, storm chasers speed from place to place in their little cars never to be swamped. Good times had by all :)
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Re: Irma's evac zones

Postby anita » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 pm

I know. A fine example of "Do as I say, Not as I do."
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby Cadit » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Hey: I'm a storm spotter and was a chaser in Texas. Somebody has got to do it? No you're right, that was back in the days when I would seek one thrill after another, not now, I woke up. I've reported on four (4) Hurricanes and many tornados. That was then, weather wasn't so crazy like todays. A spotter is a low profile field, a lot safer.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Postby founderant » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:38 pm

I'm not against spotters or reporters being in the evac zones. spotter and chaser videos have given the public real time information at risk to themselves and I do appreciate that.

What I do not like is the over dramazation of the event by reporters screaming "get out or die" and then playing around in the storm for ratings. This is giving people a false sense of security, making people less likely to evacuate in the future.
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Return to A.N.T.S.