• Advertisement

Country Weapons vs City Weapons

Other weapons discussions

Re: Country Weapons vs City Weapons

Postby rickdun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 am

Back around 20 years or so ago, down in the city (Altoona, Pa), a guy cut off another guy. When they came to a red light, the guy that was cut off came out with a baseball bat and starting smashing the drivers side window out.

The guy that had the window smashed, pulled up his model 1911A1 and gave that guy two, 230 grains of self justice :eek: in the face. Rumor has it that it was a closed casket.

No charges were filed.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby NJMike » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:13 pm

<scratches baseball bat off list>
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:25 am

rickdun wrote:Back around 20 years or so ago, down in the city (Altoona, Pa), a guy cut off another guy. When they came to a red light, the guy that was cut off came out with a baseball bat and starting smashing the drivers side window out.

The guy that had the window smashed, pulled up his model 1911A1 and gave that guy two, 230 grains of self justice :eek: in the face. Rumor has it that it was a closed casket.

No charges were filed.

Interestingly enough there was a case of road rage in NJ that had to do with somebody being cut off. No baseball bats or guns were used but the person who cut the driver off was slapped with a felony and got a major lawsuit (but not for cutting the guy off).
Photon Guy

Postby JoyDog » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 am

Well for that, particularly the lions and bears, I would go with something along the lines of a .30 06[/quote]

A couple years ago I killed a bear on our front step with a .223. He was looking through the sliding glass door at our granddaughters.[/quote]

What kind? A black bear? Or one of those big brown bears?[/quote]

He was a black bear. A .223 will kill most things if you hit them in the right place. I use a .243 a lot of the time. I havent shot a big gun in years.
JoyDog

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:11 pm

JoyDog wrote:He was a black bear. A .223 will kill most things if you hit them in the right place. I use a .243 a lot of the time. I havent shot a big gun in years.

I see. It was still a good shot. Now, if it was a big brown bear like you might find in Alaska I suppose you could take it out with a .223 if you hit it just right, but it would have to be a really really good shot.
Photon Guy

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Here is something you might see in the city.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YY6oqLhefo
Photon Guy

Previous

Return to Other weapons