• Advertisement

How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Other weapons discussions

How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 pm

With one of these: https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_46M_ ... _Pistol/78

I did the same with a cockroach when I was living in the Deep South.

I know. Spiders are our friends, they eat bugs, etc.
But just not in the house.

And they give me the wee-bee-gee-bees.
That is a technical term.

Now, how do I clean that up . . .
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
User avatar
Cast Iron
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am
Karma: 13

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby oldasrocks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:45 pm

In the old cabin I found a .22 pistol was real effective. It's just hard on the others who are trying to sleep. It also works on the occasional rat you see crossing the floor.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:41 pm
Karma: 72

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:18 pm

oldasrocks wrote:In the old cabin I found a .22 pistol was real effective. It's just hard on the others who are trying to sleep. It also works on the occasional rat you see crossing the floor.


Nice, very nice indeed.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
User avatar
Cast Iron
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am
Karma: 13

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 pm

shoot it with a wad from a shotgun ...
Illini Warrior
User avatar
Illini Warrior
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Karma: 54

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Photon Guy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Cast Iron wrote:With one of these: https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_46M_ ... _Pistol/78

I did the same with a cockroach when I was living in the Deep South.

I know. Spiders are our friends, they eat bugs, etc.
But just not in the house.

And they give me the wee-bee-gee-bees.
That is a technical term.

Now, how do I clean that up . . .


That would work.

Now, I wish I had 12 ft ceilings. It would give me enough space to do my martial arts drills with some of the longer weapons.
Photon Guy
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:53 am
Karma: 6

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:shoot it with a wad from a shotgun ...


Next time, and I do so hope there is not a next time, I will try that.

The bugger is as large as my thumb nail. And that is just his body.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
User avatar
Cast Iron
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am
Karma: 13

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Photon Guy wrote:
Cast Iron wrote:With one of these: https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_46M_ ... _Pistol/78

I did the same with a cockroach when I was living in the Deep South.

I know. Spiders are our friends, they eat bugs, etc.
But just not in the house.

And they give me the wee-bee-gee-bees.
That is a technical term.

Now, how do I clean that up . . .


That would work.

Now, I wish I had 12 ft ceilings. It would give me enough space to do my martial arts drills with some of the longer weapons.


Ah. I get that. From all the times I lived in a urban environment, there is a dearth of 12 ft ceilings.

Yet another advantage of living in a rural environment.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
User avatar
Cast Iron
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am
Karma: 13

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 am

This ones for you Cast Iron....lol. :D

Image









:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or how about when you wonder what that fuzzy stuff is on your water preps???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:





Image




~D


.
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
User avatar
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE
 
Posts: 482
Images: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:28 pm
Location: North of the Equator / below the 37th parallel
Karma: 24

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby rickdun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

C/I, what you do is put in a drop ceiling!!!!! :rofl: -
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Karma: 16

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Oh my god, I would die if that thing got on me, ohhh I'm so sorry I watched that clip.
Will have nightmares over that!!
PatrioticStabilist
 
Posts: 3399
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am
Location: Southwestern Indiana
Karma: 39

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby IceFire » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 pm

And here, I was just thinking of using a vacuum cleaner with a LONG extension tube! That's what I use.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
User avatar
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 10042
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Baja Arizona
Karma: 147

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby arkieready » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Crap!! Driven, I really don't like you right now. Omg. Frigging daddy long legs are freaking disgusting. The big spider was creepy but ooooh I feel sick, them other things.
The only bug I'm afraid of. If I had that in my house I would just move.
Cast iron was talking a spider not aliens from the pits of hell.
Argh, bleh gag
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 3320
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 am
Karma: 93

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:28 am

Cast Iron wrote:Ah. I get that. From all the times I lived in a urban environment, there is a dearth of 12 ft ceilings.

Yet another advantage of living in a rural environment.


Well as for the spider on the 12 ft ceiling. I might deal with it by whacking it with my jo staff, or my bo staff if its really out of reach.
Photon Guy
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:53 am
Karma: 6

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:47 am

Cast Iron wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:shoot it with a wad from a shotgun ...


Next time, and I do so hope there is not a next time, I will try that.

The bugger is as large as my thumb nail. And that is just his body.



the old paper wads used to work better for the job - you can take out little birds like house wrens, mice and most likely a normal sized rat ....
Illini Warrior
User avatar
Illini Warrior
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Karma: 54

Re: How do you kill a spider when you have 12ft ceilings?

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:19 am

arkieready wrote:Crap!! Driven, I really don't like you right now. Omg. Frigging daddy long legs are freaking disgusting. The big spider was creepy but ooooh I feel sick, them other things.
The only bug I'm afraid of. If I had that in my house I would just move.
Cast iron was talking a spider not aliens from the pits of hell.
Argh, bleh gag




LOL....Sorry....I couldn't resist.

There is definitely a small little evil streak in me that get's the better of me sometimes. :evil: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

I thought the water storage tank was especially relevant to us here... :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
User avatar
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE
 
Posts: 482
Images: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:28 pm
Location: North of the Equator / below the 37th parallel
Karma: 24

Next

Return to Other weapons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the APN Email Newsletter - Enter your e-mail address below


  Links and Resources
  -Links
  -Podcasts
  -Free Ebooks



Trusted Sponsors









Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer