• Advertisement

Prepping Fatigue?

Post general topics here

Prepping Fatigue?

Postby Drunkenchef » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that “prepping” isn’t what it used to be. Activity on this website, as well as many others…seems to be on the decline. Due to the fact that the Mayan Calendar of 2012 turned out to be nothing more than hype…just like Y2K. I am sure many people profited from other people’s fears from instances such as this. It is also understandable that Nebraska is not exposed to the same things on the east and west coast, but I still find it most prudent to prep. Keep in mind that when the SHTF the government is going to concentrate on self-preservation....while the common folk like us are to fend for ourselves until help arrives (if it arrives at all). I am quite certain the Nebraska is not very high on Uncle Sam's priority list....

Thanks to pop culture, show such as “Doomsday Preppers” and “The Walking Dead” created a fan base to another passing fad. People are like lemmings and follow anything that they consider as “cool”. People such as this have an attention span of a three-year old and will quickly latch on to the next passing craze. Ghosthunting? Prepping? What’s next? Teaching your pre-teen daughter how to twerk to rap videos perhaps?

Prepping seems to have come to screeching halt upon the election of President Trump. Many think that there is no reason to prep now and everything is ok. I strongly question the intelligence of such people. President Trump may be pro-American and not a gun-grabber, but it certainly does not mean that our threats have diminished. Enemies foreign and domestic have come out of the woodwork and made their presence known.
To compel matters, Mother Nature seems to have become fully-active and vengeful.

People have given up on prepping, or think it is a waste of time and money, might need to re-asses their current situation. Prepping is hobby to some…which by definition it is…but I see it as a necessity. If didn’t see the need…I’d be spending my time playing video games and drinking beer. Those of us who take the time to get our collectives heads out of the sand and see what it going on around us, would see that we live during uncertain times. We should not live in fear, but in a constant state of preparedness. At the time of this posting, Puerto Rico is completely without power, and it may be several months before the electrical grid is back up and running. It was old and vulnerable to begin with…so perhaps they will get a new one. Nevertheless, this is a prime example of what can happen to us, or anyone else in the world. I strongly encourage everyone to be self-reliant, self-sufficient, and to help others if you can. Keep in mind that local, state, and federal governments main concern is self-preservation. No one is coming to rescue you if others are going to be at risk, or if resources are needed elsewhere.

In ending, now is not the time to be caught with your pants down around your ankles.
Prep now when the timing is good.
Complacency kills!

End of rant.
Drunkenchef

Re: Prepping Fatigue?

Postby Drunkenchef » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Over a hundred views and not a single comment?
What's up with that?
Drunkenchef

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm

I think the lack of response is because you're talking to the choir. A lot of long-time preppers here that have read posts like this before. And for them, it's just a rehash of a topic that pops up now & then. -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby daaswampman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Duplicate posts could be the reason! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 pm

daaswampman wrote:Duplicate posts could be the reason! Swamp

^^^^THIS^^^^
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby IceFire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 pm

daaswampman wrote:Duplicate posts could be the reason! Swamp

Definitely...I replied on your OTHER post.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 pm

:nuke: Let's lock this up and put it in 'deleted'! :nuke:
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby kappydell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:01 am

Us real preppers never stop; we incorporate it into our lifestyle. I must admit though, I do get tired of the constant sales pitches to try to sell prepper 'stuff' instead of the how-to info I used to see so much more of. Oh well.
I keep preppin' regardless. There is ALWAYS something that occurs where prepping is a godsend - it does not have to be a cataclysm, a simple family emergency is enough. My prep have carried me comfortably through sudden job losses, catastrophic illnesses, huge storms causing 6 wks without electricity, and have also been a source of care packages to friends in need. So 'keep calm & prep on" has been a way of life for decades now. Real preppers don't need an 'excuse' to prep....life itself is reason enough!
New laws are like new taxes....both evolve, but they never go away.
kappydell
Wisconsin Preppers Network
Wisconsin Preppers Network

Return to Nebraska Discussion, News and Weather