• Advertisement

Cash demand soars in Puerto Rico

Tips to prepare for natural disasters like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc...

Moderator: medic94

Cash demand soars in Puerto Rico

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:24 am

Has anyone heard of any credible reports of preppers in PR using their PMs to buy food, water, or fuel?

http://news.trust.org/item/20170927215847-o173x
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Re: Cash demand soars in Puerto Rico

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am

Additional information and reporting on the disaster on-going in PR.

While a number of observations are a foregone conclusion for us preppers, it still behooves us to take notes.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pue ... story.html
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby rickdun » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:33 am

Cast Iron, I haven't heard anything about PM's being used, but the lines for the ATM's are as long as those waiting in line for gas.

I saw on the news this morning that there are hundred's of tractor trailers full of food, water, generators, medical supplies but no one to drive them to the cities/towns. There are a lot of roads that are still impassable and over a week without electricity and could take months to fix. I'm just glad I'm pretty much prepared for something like that.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby NJMike » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:05 am

I think the question in the OP is an interesting one. We had a previous discussion on PMs and their value short to long term.

I suspect that with the primary source of food and supplies in the short term being from outside > in, that the folks with PMs might also be the few with a food supply and may not need to trade. My opinion fwiw.

If we have members from PR here, I'd love to hear their take when they're able.
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby Blondie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:21 pm

My employer has offices in PR and they are closed indefinitely.

While there is "demand for cash" what are you spending it on? Little in the way of resources and what's left would be price gouged. Ships and other containers from exporters like China still need to be cleared & inspected by Customs. With few employees and no electricity to operate systems.

If people aren't working and most of PR is like a 3rd world country, what cash are they withdrawing?
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby MrDanB » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:45 pm

I haven't heard anything on pm use in PR, but my neighbor survived The Bosnian war. He told me that there are plenty of folks who wanted pm's, but getting there to do the deal was treacherous. Here in the states, if you can get to an area that wasn't affected by shtf, you can exchange pm for cash or bitcoin. It all depends on the circumstances. I believe that people in PR are helping each other the best they can. I haven't heard anything on looting or crime yet.
So many reasons to hunker down and shelter in place if you can imho.
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Return to Natural Disasters