• Advertisement

Mother Nature Strikes Again

Tips to prepare for natural disasters like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc...

Moderator: medic94

Mother Nature Strikes Again

Postby LetsPrep11 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Wow, Mother Nature needs to give it a rest! We just got over hurricane Irma then got 10" of rain yesterday!!! It filled up two 30 gal. trash cans I'd left out and flooded the lanai, side and front yard. We're scheduled to get rain every day this week. Holy smokes! I Just spent 2 days, and a considerable amount of money, loading chemicals into the pool to get it rebalanced after Irma. Guess we'll be making another trip to the pool supply store. Ugh!

Oh well, it could be worse. The folks 10 miles south of us were told not to flush :shock: , do laundry, or shower as the sewer system couldn't take any more water.
LetsPrep11

Re: Mother Nature Strikes Again

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:57 am

And here in southern Indiana we need rain desperately.

We have had maybe an inch in the last 2 months. For the farmers its good they are
harvesting like crazy, but in big clouds of dust, looks like a dust storm. But my shrubs
and trees are suffering, big limbs breaking off.

Our grandson has breathing problems and right now we can hardly let him out doors,
the pharmacists said they are covered up with sick folks. For him its breathing treatments
when we can get him to take them or prednisone. But its effecting all of us DIL and DD
are both sick too.

So I sure hope we can get some rain, maybe this weekend. We will take some of yours.
PatrioticStabilist

Re: Mother Nature Strikes Again

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:23 am

PatrioticStabilist wrote:And here in southern Indiana we need rain desperately.

We have had maybe an inch in the last 2 months. For the farmers its good they are
harvesting like crazy, but in big clouds of dust, looks like a dust storm. But my shrubs
and trees are suffering, big limbs breaking off.

Our grandson has breathing problems and right now we can hardly let him out doors,
the pharmacists said they are covered up with sick folks. For him its breathing treatments
when we can get him to take them or prednisone. But its effecting all of us DIL and DD
are both sick too.

So I sure hope we can get some rain, maybe this weekend. We will take some of yours.

we are getting some rain for the first time in 5-6 weeks - it's officially a drought ....

no harvesting yet this far north - another couple of weeks - probably rain like crazy for the poor farmer SOBs ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Return to Natural Disasters