Photon Guy

Re: Why You Shouldn't Get Into Guns

Postby apache235 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:50 am

He does have a point.
apache235

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:19 am

lololololololol...

I knew as soon as I saw the title of this post what it was... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The struggle is real... :gunshooting: :gunsmile: :tank:
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby NJMike » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 am

That was funny.

I can relate only a little bit to this, for example wanting to have a model in all its possible calibers. The cost of accessorizing I've really tried to be frugal with. I'm a less is more type. So I laughed at the Kardashifying comment in the video.

And I especially liked the "jaguar" cat in the background. I have to get me one of those. :)
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 am

But But But~! I saw a new shoulder holster where I can carry a short barreled shotgun on my left side. I don't have a Serbu and I need one. I kick myself when I saw that 10 gauge lever action shotgun and didn't buy it. Should have bought that old armor plated van to build into the house for more storage.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby Stahlrosen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:51 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That was great! Yes, he does have a point............ :blush:
Stahlrosen

Postby arkieready » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:32 am

Hahahahaha. Had me for a second. Sent it to DH. So like him.
I have to admit, I have a little bit of "want". But no $$$. I do peruse holsters every chance I get. Purse carry isn't working, unless I carry the purse.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby sageprice » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Wood bums of the forties made do with just a 22lr. They are quiet, stealthy, and deadly. Even if I could afford an AR15 I would still have it chambered to a 22. Spraying the woods with lead is just wasteful and excuse for well placed shoots. You worried about close in assaults, buy a shotgun. You want to play games, shoot the invader and take his toy. Vietnam was proof that stealth could over power might.
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:07 pm

sageprice wrote:Wood bums of the forties made do with just a 22lr. They are quiet, stealthy, and deadly. Even if I could afford an AR15 I would still have it chambered to a 22. Spraying the woods with lead is just wasteful and excuse for well placed shoots. You worried about close in assaults, buy a shotgun. You want to play games, shoot the invader and take his toy. Vietnam was proof that stealth could over power might.

You're way to serious for this thread. For home defense you need a KSG for each hand with a bar between them to pump the next shells in. If you want quiet get a pellet gun.
oldasrocks

Postby little_nova57 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:29 pm

oldasrocks wrote:But But But~! I saw a new shoulder holster where I can carry a short barreled shotgun on my left side. I don't have a Serbu and I need one. I kick myself when I saw that 10 gauge lever action shotgun and didn't buy it. Should have bought that old armor plated van to build into the house for more storage.

Understand all to well. Altho, I did spot a Sheridan Tank (still operational) :tank: :eek: that might be a great lawn ornament. Should I grab that Spas 12? Hmm, time to revise my shopping list :lol: :lol:

Do what fits the budget , be sharp, stay safe.
Diplomacy- The ability to tell someone to "Go to Hell" so well...... that they ask for a map.
little_nova57

Postby arkieready » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:27 pm

A little over 10 years ago, I was in the "why do you need a pistol" crowd. Understood long guns, had a couple.
Fast forward a couple years, I bought a crappy, worn out .357 revolver to help someone out financially. That. Was. All. She. Wrote.
I know now why I "NEED" a pistol. Or several. Oh, and I require a 30-06 while we are on the subject.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready

Postby Photon Guy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:20 am

arkieready wrote:A little over 10 years ago, I was in the "why do you need a pistol" crowd. Understood long guns, had a couple.
Fast forward a couple years, I bought a crappy, worn out .357 revolver to help someone out financially. That. Was. All. She. Wrote.
I know now why I "NEED" a pistol. Or several. Oh, and I require a 30-06 while we are on the subject.

Do you live on a farm or a rural area? According to IceFire you might need a pistol when you're out in the yard if you're in a place with dangerous critters. And I would have to agree with her. And a rifle is too big and awkward to carry around.
Photon Guy

Postby rickdun » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 am

Loved the video. In my younger years I was the same way and accumulated many weapons over the years. Some were handed down to me from my granddad and some from my dad. But, over the years, I believe I have as many if not more then the Las Vegas shooter, many of them the same make, model and caliber.

The one I hold most dearest is the one my granddad gave me back in the '60's that he brought home from WW-1, a S&W, model DA,
.45ACP revolver.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:57 am

A mildly amusing video.

Be nice to be able to afford all those firearms.

But I have more important things to spend my money on.

Firearms are like any tool, use the right one for the right job.
Have all the basics covered, shotgun for hunting, shotgun for self-defense, .22LR for the small varmints, deer rifle for the larger ones or putting meat on the table, etc.

Be practical and realistic about the application of a given firearm. There are a few long guns out there I would very much like to have, with no practical application for me.

But if you have the means, by all means, have at it.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby oldasrocks » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:07 am

little_nova57 wrote:
oldasrocks wrote:But But But~! I saw a new shoulder holster where I can carry a short barreled shotgun on my left side. I don't have a Serbu and I need one. I kick myself when I saw that 10 gauge lever action shotgun and didn't buy it. Should have bought that old armor plated van to build into the house for more storage.

Understand all to well. Altho, I did spot a Sheridan Tank (still operational) :tank: :eek: that might be a great lawn ornament. Should I grab that Spas 12? Hmm, time to revise my shopping list :lol: :lol:

Do what fits the budget , be sharp, stay safe.

I've fired the Spa 12. The KSG is a better weapon. Is that tank still around? Would be great to drive it out of the shop while someone is trying to breach the fence.
oldasrocks

Next

Return to Guns