Re: Why You Shouldn't Get Into Guns

Postby Gunns » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Its a trap
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Photon, yes I do live rural. not as rural as it used to be. And Ice IS correct. I do need a pistol at times. I carry when I brush hog-- in case a mama coyote takes exception to mowing near her den, or a two legged varmint hiding in the tree line has worse than trespassing intentions. Or checking the ruckus in the barn at night.
I own and carry. I was ignorant way back then.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Yep. In fact, I had to use my revolver just last week on the BIG western diamondback rattlesnake that had been hanging around (I think it was actually taking up residence under the house) and making it's appearances around 9-10pm, threatening the dogs, me, etc.

Its' "rattles" ( TEN of them) are now being salted (actually had to dig the darned snake up to cut the rattles off for daughter, before re-burying the danged thing) so that daughter can use them for a project.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:29 am

arkieready wrote:Photon, yes I do live rural. not as rural as it used to be. And Ice IS correct. I do need a pistol at times. I carry when I brush hog-- in case a mama coyote takes exception to mowing near her den, or a two legged varmint hiding in the tree line has worse than trespassing intentions. Or checking the ruckus in the barn at night.
I own and carry. I was ignorant way back then.

Some people would say all you need to do is put a fence up and that will keep the critters out. I made this other post about that. Anyway, its people who think you don't need guns that will say stuff like that. As I understand a fence, no matter what kind of fence, will not be adequate.
Photon Guy

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:43 am

oldasrocks wrote:
little_nova57 wrote:
oldasrocks wrote:But But But~! I saw a new shoulder holster where I can carry a short barreled shotgun on my left side. I don't have a Serbu and I need one. I kick myself when I saw that 10 gauge lever action shotgun and didn't buy it. Should have bought that old armor plated van to build into the house for more storage.

Understand all to well. Altho, I did spot a Sheridan Tank (still operational) :tank: :eek: that might be a great lawn ornament. Should I grab that Spas 12? Hmm, time to revise my shopping list :lol: :lol:

Do what fits the budget , be sharp, stay safe.

I've fired the Spa 12. The KSG is a better weapon. Is that tank still around? Would be great to drive it out of the shop while someone is trying to breach the fence.

You can see this mans passion for history...He obviously has the means for it....Good for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDbpFpz5oWs

And then, in steps the inevitable regulatory committee making issues where none exist from neighbors....this is why you don't HOA.
So he takes a stand....Again, good for him......lol..."Want it moved? Pay the $7,000.00 cost and TRY to have it towed."....lol. :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yt7xexSbfI

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby orangetom1999 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Drivenbyknowledge,

Goodness me..I am stunned at your post and did not know as I've not been on this board in awhile now.

Did RebNavy pass away...and when if so. This is all news and a shock to me.

I have never met the man but thoroughly enjoyed reading in online conversation his grasp of history and knowledge in referring me to several book choices....knowledge's etc. I found him always to be informed and a Southern Gentleman in the tradition of Shelby Foote...a rare individual today.

I greatly admired him from on line and his opinions in many things..his grasp of history.

But pardon me if I am a bit out of touch as I am still coming to grips with the understanding that RebNavy has passed.

Please bring me up to date and if this is so.....Rest in Peace Reb.

My thanks in advance,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby BK in KC » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:33 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:Drivenbyknowledge,

Goodness me..I am stunned at your post and did not know as I've not been on this board in awhile now.

Did RebNavy pass away...and when if so. This is all news and a shock to me.

I have never met the man but thoroughly enjoyed reading in online conversation his grasp of history and knowledge in referring me to several book choices....knowledge's etc. I found him always to be informed and a Southern Gentleman in the tradition of Shelby Foote...a rare individual today.

I greatly admired him from on line and his opinions in many things..his grasp of history.

But pardon me if I am a bit out of touch as I am still coming to grips with the understanding that RebNavy has passed.

Please bring me up to date and if this is so.....Rest in Peace Reb.

My thanks in advance,
Orangetom

Reb passed away in early September, the memorial thread is here: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=769&t=55911

His wit and wisdom is greatly missed.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:00 am

BK in KC wrote:
Reb passed away in early September, the memorial thread is here: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=769&t=55911

His wit and wisdom is greatly missed.

BK in KC,

Thank you for the update. I have been away from this site for some time now. I am very saddened by this news and also I never knew his real name...only his on line persona...which I greatly admired along with his gentlemanly demeanor as well as his grasp of history. I consider him a real Southern Gentleman.

Agree ...his wit and wisdom will be greatly missed.

My thanks for bringing me up to date.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby Hlan1209 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:06 pm

The guy in the first video says it very nice. He does have a point ;)
All about foosball and foosball tables in one place Foosball Zone - foosball table
Hlan1209

Previous

Return to Guns