• Advertisement

New Member in Manassas, VA

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderator: simpleman

New Member in Manassas, VA

Postby dowellmichaeld » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Good evening,

My name is Mike and I am new to the forums and fairly new to the NOVA (Manassas) area. I have been prepping for about a year, my main focus was mitigating catastrophic weather events or personal doomsday situations. I have gotten much more serious about the lifestyle and choices after my family got rocked by Hurricane Irma a few weeks ago. I have experienced a few catastrophic weather scenarios and a very unsuspected job loss, this new event has inspired me to really take charge of my preparations and to look for like minded folk with experience and sense of community. I have developed a respectable food and water storage and very basic medical equipment/knowledge. I am looking to grow and expand my skill set, while hopefully meeting like-minded people in my area. I really look forward to meeting you all, whether via the forums or as a community.

Respectfully,

Mike D.
dowellmichaeld

Re: New Member in Manassas, VA

Postby IceFire » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Welcome from SE Arizona, Mike!

Although you've only been at it for a year, I'm sure that your preps came in handy when Irma hit. And yes, things like that WILL give you a good perspective on where your preps were sufficient and where there were "gaps".
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Check In Here Virginia Preppers