• Advertisement

Influenza

Post general Arizona topics here.

Moderator: itsadisaster

Influenza

Postby FarmerGal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi all, I just wanted to check around the state to see what everyone is seeing or hearing as far as the influenza virus is moving so far this fall. Would appreciate any observations.
FarmerGal

Re: Influenza

Postby JayJay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:38 am

Every doctor office, every nurse encountered since Aug. 28 when Gene had brain surgery has asked about the flu vaccine.
Since we are so fortunate to have never had the flu, and never had the vaccine--we're not having a flu shot.
Haven't heard of any cases and I read several websites daily.

Oh, we are 69 and 67 years old.

And, what state??
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Postby IceFire » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Arizona. This is the Arizona state forum.

And yeah, none of us take the flu shot either. Me, because I'm ALLERGIC to the vaccine (anaphylaxis is an experience I do NOT want to repeat!) Husband, because he has powdered egg issues, and daughter, because with us having issues, she doesn't want to take the risk.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby daaswampman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:31 pm

You may find the following site helpful. You can choose either your state or a zip code. It will give you the latest reported figures. Keep in mind that there may be a delay in reporting and many people don't dash to the Doctor unless they are really sick.

It is a personal choice, but I would advise anyone able to get the vaccine. I have seen way too many children die from something that could have been prevented. Swamp

https://flunearyou.org/?campaign=GAads& ... jf_D_BwE#/

Did you know?

CDC estimates of flu-associated yearly deaths in the United States range from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people.

If you have the flu, you can infect others 1 day before showing symptoms and up to 7 days after becoming sick.

The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccine each season.
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:20 am

Had 2 or 3 shots in my lifetime, got sicker then a dog each time, never again.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby farmer_dude48 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:54 am

I have never taken the shot , but my wife got it this year she is a pharmacy tech. My sister took it and had a very bad reaction and I just didn't want to take a chance on it..
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby kenjabroni » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:03 pm

My wife has been getting them because the VA tells her she should and its free, but I dont get it even though she pushes me to do it. Id rather catch the flu than anything from the supposed vaccine. I only remember getting it once as an adult and I cant remember if it was in the same year I did have the shot.
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby sageprice » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:29 am

I am still bothered by the "Cluster effect" reported by the Canadian Health services. Where people who have been taking the shots are more susceptible to new strains. I need to follow up on that report.
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:42 am

daaswampman wrote:You may find the following site helpful. You can choose either your state or a zip code. It will give you the latest reported figures. Keep in mind that there may be a delay in reporting and many people don't dash to the Doctor unless they are really sick.

It is a personal choice, but I would advise anyone able to get the vaccine. I have seen way too many children die from something that could have been prevented. Swamp

https://flunearyou.org/?campaign=GAads& ... jf_D_BwE#/

Did you know?

CDC estimates of flu-associated yearly deaths in the United States range from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people.

If you have the flu, you can infect others 1 day before showing symptoms and up to 7 days after becoming sick.

The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccine each season.

This is a tuff choice for us...Not me,(I wont get it) but for our little girl that's 2....

I come from a standpoint of believing in fact based studies. The #'s show the vaccinations help...a lot.

Children and elderly are the most susceptible so the shot(s) is/are pushed to not only them for that reason but everyone for the money(To deny the money part you'd have to be completely ignorant or intentionally biased).

The current CDC schedule is monstrous.(little off topic here but relevant to discussion)
Look at the changes in just the last few years alone(look at 1995 and then 2016)
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/past.html

So, knowing the risk vs. reward we inoculated Daniela and we even took a delayed approach since we were concerned to begin with....Sure enough, 2nd shot, slight reaction, 3rd shot, MASSIVE reaction at sight injection(DTaP)...of note; dr. said it was a reaction to the preservatives....There are NO preservatives in the 2 different brands for DTaP allowed in the US currently...wow.

At this point, for us, we're done...We will not inoculate further....She has gotten the most relevant ones but not fulfilled the CDC requirements. So, homeschooling it is for sure now.

I have watched a non CDC study(Of sorts) conducted by a Dr. with a control group of 1000 children of his personal patients....He does a delayed schedule or no vaccinations period bases on parental beliefs/choices for them to be in the control group.(The most important being no MMR vaccination until well after 3 years old) and so far the numbers are astounding......Only 1 case of autism with children over the age of 5.

Now while this is not a sponsored, rigorously controlled control group it is massive finding that alone should demand/warrant another study.
(The CDC will not do this study since it doesn't fit the agenda of herd immunity and the only one preformed to date had massive amounts of African American male children removed from the results that were autistic...Massive manipulation of the data sets for desired findings / Tsk, Tsk...) http://info.cmsri.org/the-driven-researcher-blog/link-between-vaccines-and-african-american-boys-hidden-by-cdc-says-whistleblower

The current CDC #'s show there should have been 15 children showing signs of Autism by now in his control group.....ONLY 1 WHEN THERE SHOULD BE 15!!! Astounding.

So, ya, taking into account our personal experiences, we're done.....I'm in no way saying what you should decide as I wont infringe on anyone's personal choices for their child....but I'm also not going to let anyone decide for me.

Form your own opinion. Just remove the uneducated emotional responses out there....Form a fact based opinion and proceed accordingly and continue to look at all data sets and be willing to change your opinion if you see evidence to the contrary of your beliefs.

~D

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby 3ADScout » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Hope it isn't a bad flu season in the US, the is an IV shortage (some solutions) due to quality control issue in a plant that the FDA inspected, plus from what I understand another plant was in Puerto Rico and is shut down. The demand is also increasing with all the earthquake hurricanes and fires too.
3ADScout

Postby JayJay » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 am

The #'s show the vaccinations help...a lot
Hello---who do you think conducts those studies...AND reports those results?

Wake up child.
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Return to Arizona Discussion, News, and Weather