• Advertisement

EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #7 (Oct 2017)

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #7 (Oct 2017)

Postby ReadyMom » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am

Illini Warrior wrote:
rickdun wrote:Here's the latest North Korean threat on the U.S.:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/n ... 52880.html

APN really needs to start restricting the ''news'' sources allowed to be posted - stupid azz terrorist fake news ...

There are others:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/35616 ... ear-strike
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... trike.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... e-11368269
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea- ... news_index
http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-tel ... ike-688281
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby TRex2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 pm

It appears that all of these articles use Newsweek as a primary source.
Don't have a clue who is talking in that video, or why we should listen to him.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby sageprice » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm

This is getting tiring.
1. NK has a limited number of nukes.
2. personal knowledge, The US has been hardening their Electronics for over years. I worked on some of it. NK will be wiped from the earth.
3. China economy could not take the hit of loosing 30% of their foreign trade(the US) Take down US, take down China.
4. The US is the largest agri producer in the world, and the largest debit nation. Everyone has a vested interest.
All the rest is stupid rhetoric.
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:46 pm

sageprice wrote:This is getting tiring.
2. personal knowledge, The US has been hardening their Electronics for over years. I worked on some of it. NK will be wiped from the earth.
3. China economy could not take the hit of loosing 30% of their foreign trade(the US) Take down US, take down China.
4. The US is the largest agri producer in the world, and the largest debit nation. Everyone has a vested interest.

not only limited number of nukes but delivery systems - if the US has done their job they are all still in NK and won't be allowed to be deployed ...

as goes the USA - goes the world .... the countries that are crying constantly about US intrusion - would soon see how much depends on the US keeping things even up around the world - just look how the world went to hell with Obammy's 8 years of part time presidency work ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby rickdun » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Sageprice, yes, NK has a limited number of nukes, between 12 and 20 is the best U.S. guess, but it only takes one to hit in the right place at the right time. As far as hardening the electrical grid, yes they are doing it, very slowly. China already owns property, land and farms in the U.S.

A couple of years ago China bought out Smithfield foods, the largest pork producer, which equals 460 farms and has contracts with 2100 other farms and they're buying up more. It's just a matter of time before we'll be taking a back seat to china when it comes to farming. China is our best hope to keep NK in check and if not it won't be 10's of thousands that will die, it will be millions of lives lost before we wipe them off the face of the earth.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-0 ... nabling-it
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:20 pm

sageprice wrote:...
2. personal knowledge, The US has been hardening their Electronics for over years. I worked on some of it.
What part of our infrastructure did you work on hardening?
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
TRex2

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 pm

rickdun wrote:

Sageprice, yes, NK has a limited number of nukes, between 12 and 20 is the best U.S. guess, but it only takes one to hit in the right place at the right time. As far as hardening the electrical grid, yes they are doing it, very slowly. China already owns property, land and farms in the U.S.

A couple of years ago China bought out Smithfield foods, the largest pork producer, which equals 460 farms and has contracts with 2100 other farms and they're buying up more. It's just a matter of time before we'll be taking a back seat to china when it comes to farming. China is our best hope to keep NK in check and if not it won't be 10's of thousands that will die, it will be millions of lives lost before we wipe them off the face of the earth.

using what? - the entire purpose behind the hardening stance against NK is to stop their advancement in miniaturizing nukes and long range missiles - they can't do much more than explode one on their own territory, try a suicide run with one of their larger planes or try sneaking one out by diesel sub .....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:00 pm

rickdun wrote:

using what? - the entire purpose behind the hardening stance against NK is to stop their advancement in miniaturizing nukes and long range missiles - they can't do much more than explode one on their own territory, try a suicide run with one of their larger planes or try sneaking one out by diesel sub .....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Cast Iron » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Really?

Can you provide a link to a credible source that can back up that claim?

What was your MOS, government affiliation that granted you access to those programs?

I think we all would like to hear about your insider information.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:09 am

Everything we buy comes from China, how will we survive the loss of all imports. We
are merely paper pushers and distributors now, that works both ways.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby TRex2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:48 am

PatrioticStabilist wrote:Everything we buy comes from China, how will we survive the loss of all imports. We

Imports? If N.K. is successful at creating an EMP, your entire trading world could be about 60 miles radius.

You are in a fairly good location on the U.S. map (I don't know your exact location) with a lot of agriculture, and some ability to manufacture clothing and tools.
TRex2

Postby farmer_dude48 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 am

PatrioticStabilist wrote:Everything we buy comes from China, how will we survive the loss of all imports. We

I understand what your saying ,but if somebody takes down the power grid its over.. If we can't feed and doctor ourselves we will be in real trouble. My wife and I are lucky because we live in a farming community complete with a feed store and tractor junkyard , but you still need to figure out how to eat and how you are going to get water even if you have a well with no electric it will be a challenge to get water. The best way to get a small idea is to try 48hrs without using the electric..
" Doing what I can with what I got " Mr. Burt Gummer
farmer_dude48
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby John Galt 1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:34 am

farmer_dude48 wrote:

I understand what your saying ,but if somebody takes down the power grid its over.. If we can't feed and doctor ourselves we will be in real trouble. My wife and I are lucky because we live in a farming community complete with a feed store and tractor junkyard , but you still need to figure out how to eat and how you are going to get water even if you have a well with no electric it will be a challenge to get water. The best way to get a small idea is to try 48hrs without using the electric..

I'm in a similar situation and fully understand how our modern way of life revolves around cheap reliable energy (electric grid and gas stations). 100 years ago people located their homes close to clean water or where a gravity powered water pipe could supply their home. Now we rarely take this into consideration when choosing a home site.

Nearest "clean" surface water from me is about 400 yds down hill. My 6" bored well is 80 yds away and we've added a hand pump to it. Several neighbors have done the same to their wells. Two neighbors have set up their roofs as rain collection surfaces and I'm considering doing the same as a way to water the garden.

As far as the electric well goes we've got a good sized solar system (I designed and installed it 2 years ago) with some basic backup components in EMP protected containers.

This area lost it's grid power for almost 5 days last month. We never even noticed until we talked to the neighbors.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby John Galt 1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 am

rickdun wrote:

China is our best hope to keep NK in check and if not it won't be 10's of thousands that will die, it will be millions of lives lost before we wipe them off the face of the earth.

As of last June it was estimated that NK had 20-30 nukes and had the ability to build one every 7-10 days.
If the US grid is so hardened then why was this document http://docs.house.gov/meetings/HM/HM09/ ... 171012.pdf presented to congress last Monday?

I suspect that the last 2 months shows exactly how little influence China has over NK. China last week stated that "China would be better off with a different leadership in NK". The same Chinese article said that with a better government NK (or a combined Korea) would make a better trading partner helping to boost the economy of the Chinese providence that boarders NK.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby TRex2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:08 pm

As of last June it was estimated that NK had 20-30 nukes and had the ability to build one every 7-10 days.
If the US grid is so hardened then why was this document http://docs.house.gov/meetings/HM/HM09/ ... 171012.pdf presented to congress last Monday?

Sageprice only posts here every few days, so I suggest we ignore
his statement until he sees fit to explain or elaborate on it.

In the mean time, do you have a reference for NK's ability
to build more nukes? I have been told that they have limited
supplies of certain elements necessary, and would like
to explore that avenue further.
TRex2

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters