• Advertisement

EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #7 (Oct 2017)

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #7 (Oct 2017)

Postby rickdun » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Maybe the little fat kid will use a cyber attack and then a nuke:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/asia/nort ... index.html
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:24 pm

rickdun wrote:Maybe the little fat kid will use a cyber attack and then a nuke:
htpt reprobate news agency link clipped

Without looking at the provided link, I will say that the idea is logical, as long as the cyber attack doesn't break the conduction paths (open switches) into the most critical transformers, it seems likely that initiating a cyber attack before an EMP would enhance the damage, and in the case of a failed detonation, would ensure our civilization is disrupted, if only for a while.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby daaswampman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Discussions like this are why most people think Preppers are whacko's! How long has NK been making threats? Have they ever carried one out? China has stated they will do nothing, unless we attack first!

We should ignore him and be ready to respond, should he (or anyone else) actually do something! He is not the only parasite that wants to harm us. It would be pretty ignorant of us, to start a conflict with NK, only to get hit by someone else. The world and the U.S.A. will not be any safer with or without fatboy!

ISIS seems to be falling apart, do you believe the threat from Islam disappears with their departure? Did a black president improve race relations? Did electing trump guarantee our freedoms, balance the budget, or preserve The Constitution? Hint - we still hate each other, are being overrun by immigrants, and our rights are being constantly attacked!

The truth is - we face many risks! The chance of NK pulling off the perfect EMP, one that would actually take down our entire grid, is right up there with Bigfoot attacks on hikers!

Our only real and immediate threats, is losing what few freedoms we still enjoy and our economy tanking!

Consider a possible silver lining, he gets one off and it hits the West Coast triggering all the faults and the whole thing sinks in the Pacific! Sweet Dreams for Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Discussions like this are why most people think Preppers are whacko's! How long has NK been making threats? Have they ever carried one out? China has stated they will do nothing, unless we attack first!

Your posting was a laugh I needed today. Laughing with you, as much as at you.
Yes, we probably take ourselves too seriously. I have often said that I could easily
engineer systems to mitigate almost all threats, but the human factor would never
allow it to be done. The human factor is the real unpredictable factor.

One difference today, with N.K. is that they have never before had even a remote
chance to destroy our nation in a war. They don't have it today. But they will have
it within a few months, or maybe a couple of years.

So, we, here on APN are war-gaming what might happen if they get froggy.
Or what might be done to them, before that fateful day.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
TRex2

Postby John Galt 1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 pm

TRex2 wrote:
As of last June it was estimated that NK had 20-30 nukes and had the ability to build one every 7-10 days.
If the US grid is so hardened then why was this document http://docs.house.gov/meetings/HM/HM09/ ... 171012.pdf presented to congress last Monday?

Sageprice only posts here every few days, so I suggest we ignore
his statement until he sees fit to explain or elaborate on it.

In the mean time, do you have a reference for NK's ability
to build more nukes? I have been told that they have limited
supplies of certain elements necessary, and would like
to explore that avenue further.

As of last May or early June I had read that US experts figured that NK could only could produce enough U-235? to build one bomb per month. Then in late June FOX news quoted someone in the US government about how NK was now able to produce U-235 much faster, perhaps fast enough to build a bomb every 2 weeks.
In addition there has been a lot of speculation that Iran has been selling NK U-235 now that Iran has reduced it's ability to try to build a nuke because of UN oversight.

But even if NK only has enough U-235? to build 25 bombs it's a serious problem. Our THAD may be able to handle a missile or 3 but shoot 8-10 at the US and a few probably will get through. Shoot the rest of the missiles at Japan, Guam, and SK ports and we will have a very hard time supporting SK as they invade NK. (read that theory somewhere on this site the other night)

Yes, the latest round of sanctions which China now seems to be supporting will hurt N Koreas ability to finance missile construction but yesterday there was a fairly extensive report on FOX news about how NK hackers have been hacking bank accounts and taking the cash. Even the little lady was shocked at the numbers with these hacking heists.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby John Galt 1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:14 pm

daaswampman wrote:Discussions like this are why most people think Preppers are whacko's! How long has NK been making threats? Have they ever carried one out? China has stated they will do nothing, unless we attack first!

We should ignore him and be ready to respond, should he (or anyone else) actually do something!

Disagree.

Little 6 yr old kid (NK) runs out each day and screams that he's going to kill you as you walk by on your way to work. You ignore him.

Two years later the kid still challenges you each day but now he has a big stick. He can't kill you but you may speak to his parents (China).

Another two years now and the child named Lit'l Fat Boy is still screaming at you that he is going to kill you but now he has a gun.

Time to off the little poo poo before he pulls that trigger.

'nuf said.
John Galt 1

Postby daaswampman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 pm

John Galt 1 wrote:
daaswampman wrote:Discussions like this are why most people think Preppers are whacko's! How long has NK been making threats? Have they ever carried one out? China has stated they will do nothing, unless we attack first!

We should ignore him and be ready to respond, should he (or anyone else) actually do something!

Disagree.

Little 6 yr old kid (NK) runs out each day and screams that he's going to kill you as you walk by on your way to work. You ignore him.

Two years later the kid still challenges you each day but now he has a big stick. He can't kill you but you may speak to his parents (China).

Another two years now and the child named Lit'l Fat Boy is still screaming at you that he is going to kill you but now he has a gun.

Time to off the little poo poo before he pulls that trigger.

'nuf said.

The quiet ones are far more dangerous than the those making all the noise! Fatboy needs attention and power, an actual attack would end his rule and probably his life!

Our real dangers lie with those who want to destroy our way of life. Allow ourselves to become distracted and we end up dead. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman

Postby rickdun » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:41 am

My son in law called last night and told me about this threat that came out Friday:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-c ... ch+Results
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun

Postby TRex2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:01 am

daaswampman wrote:The quiet ones are far more dangerous than the those making all the noise! Fatboy needs attention and power, an actual attack would end his rule and probably his life!

Our real dangers lie with those who want to destroy our way of life. Allow ourselves to become distracted and we end up dead. Swamp

Believe me, I keep my eye on those too. I run scans almost daily
for some of those threats, weekly for others and monthly for a few.

I just don't talk about them here, because
the thread is about EMP and N.Korea.

(And because I got some flak for discussing one of those threats
from some people on here that don't believe they are a threat.)
TRex2

Postby Mollypup » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 am

China can't control NK & Lil Fat Man? Oh don't make me laugh. More like they're not interested in stopping him. Otherwise why retaliation on us if we put an end to it?

If there is a decent nuclear event, it's going to have effects globally, so everyone will be affected....including China. Which makes their meager attempts to stop him suspect at best.

You're not going to convince me that a nation as poverty stricken as NK doesn't have a backer for it's nuclear program. In a country that keeps it's nation isolated from the world web, how are their hackers so exceptionally skilled, where are they getting educated? Who is funding that education?

If there is a major EMP attack on the US, who benefits? No, we won't be buying goods but we most certainly won't be selling any either. Where is Europe going to buy their goods? The world? I don't think China is going to have much of an issue stepping up to the plate.

And it doesn't have to be a total EMP event. It can be a combination EMP & hackers........and just enough to cause major catastrophic failure. Hell, for all we know there could be cells here waiting to move on sub stations or whatever in addition to the EMP & hackers.

If you step back and view NK as not alone in this, it puts a different perspective on it. LFM is being loud, obnoxious, and obvious about what he's got. Yes, we should worry about the quiet ones. We need to ask why is LFM determine to keep our focus on him? Most likely it's an ongoing distraction to keep our focus away from the real threat until it's too late. Not saying NK won't participate, they may even be used as the trigger. But I truly don't believe they're the ones running the show. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, at least until the dust settles.

If NK is just the front guy, his backers could be up to just about anything with the resources & firepower to make it happen. LFM gets some choice targets of his own easy to reach, say SK, Japan........while the real threat brings us down. LFM still is able to say he was part of bringing down the big bad USA without losing face.

In this day in the age of technology, I'd imagine a surprise attack would be pretty darn hard to actually pull off. (at least against the US) It would have to be carefully orchestrated. Last thing you want is any attention drawn on you while you're putting pieces into play. So you need a distraction, something that pulls your targets attention in another direction. Enter LFM. First he just wants nuclear tech. Then he boasts they've made a bomb. No one believes him. So a "test" is in order. He makes more claims. If it appears he's not believed, more "tests" to confirm his claims. And so on & so forth so the target keeps their focus on him & takes him seriously. I put tests in quotes because we assume they're tests. Could just as easily be his backers gave him what he needed to detonate to back his claims. (could also explain his rapid development & make our intelligence agencies look less inept) So far, it's working quite well. However, he's running out of steps in development to brag about & "test" to prove he has on hand. The bragging & threats can't continue for too much longer without him losing face as a leader to his people. Honestly if he continues for too long a time even the world will decide he's all hot air & the jig will be up.

I suspect time is running out.

China is the most likely backer, but it could be they're just sitting back & waiting to see how this plays out, ready to pounce to turn it to their favor. I have a hard time thinking that Putin would trust LFM to follow instructions & not go off half cocked, but I suppose it could be possible. We've made enough enemies in the Middle East it doesn't necessarily have to be ISIS or it could be ISIS in a joint venture with a 3rd or more backers.

One the US is down, it's a scramble for the world leader spot.

If our intelligence agencies suspect someone backing NK, you can bet they're keeping their lips sealed.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby John Galt 1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 am

I'm not wanting to turn this thread into a conspiracy thread but consider this.

NK over a period of weeks slips in 100 operatives, some with fake passports, many across the Mexican border. they travel in groups of 3 to about 33 target areas where they hook up with prepositioned weapons, Some of these weapons were brought in by drug runners. Others were purchased legally at gun shows ect by a few long term NK agents living in the US. Add some bombs made from locally purchased materials.

On a set day all of the groups attack a specific energy related target, a major transformer, oil refinery, bring down a hydro dam. Strike fast and hard before moving onto a second target. Those that survive then move onto a 3rd target.

This method is well described by William Forstchen's book "Day of Wrath" except in the book it's ISIS shooting up schools. "Day of Wrath is a gut wrenching book written by the author as a warning about ISIS and how easily our way of life and be seriously hurt.
William Forstchen also wrote the book "One Second After" which I suspect many people on this site have read.
John Galt 1

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 am

John Galt 1 wrote:I'm not wanting to turn this thread into a conspiracy thread but consider this.

NK over a period of weeks slips in 100 operatives, some with fake passports, many across the Mexican border. they travel in groups of 3 to about 33 target areas where they hook up with prepositioned weapons, Some of these weapons were brought in by drug runners. Others were purchased legally at gun shows ect by a few long term NK agents living in the US. Add some bombs made from locally purchased materials.

On a set day all of the groups attack a specific energy related target, a major transformer, oil refinery, bring down a hydro dam. Strike fast and hard before moving onto a second target. Those that survive then move onto a 3rd target.

This method is well described by William Forstchen's book "Day of Wrath" except in the book it's ISIS shooting up schools. "Day of Wrath is a gut wrenching book written by the author as a warning about ISIS and how easily our way of life and be seriously hurt.
William Forstchen also wrote the book "One Second After" which I suspect many people on this site have read.

there's generations of NK agents that have been living in the US - Little Fat Boy is the 3rd generation that is facing down the US - absolutely no idea of the numbers involved over the decades - whether they stayed loyal and ready to carry out their assigned missions - NK used to send agents and commando sabotage teams into South Korea and even into Japan - with the wide open US borders you can bet on some kind of problem ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby 3ADScout » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:06 am

We should ignore him and be ready to respond, should he (or anyone else) actually do something! He is not the only parasite that wants to harm us. It would be pretty ignorant of us, to start a conflict with NK, only to get hit by someone else. The world and the U.S.A. will not be any safer with or without fatboy!

ISIS seems to be falling apart, do you believe the threat from Islam disappears with their departure? Did a black president improve race relations? Did electing trump guarantee our freedoms, balance the budget, or preserve The Constitution? Hint - we still hate each other, are being overrun by immigrants, and our rights are being constantly attacked!

The truth is - we face many risks! The chance of NK pulling off the perfect EMP, one that would actually take down our entire grid, is right up there with Bigfoot attacks on hikers!

Our only real and immediate threats, is losing what few freedoms we still enjoy and our economy tanking!

Consider a possible silver lining, he gets one off and it hits the West Coast triggering all the faults and the whole thing sinks in the Pacific! Sweet Dreams for Swamp

Swamp,

I always like reading your post, it is obvious you have a lot of knowledge and that you put a lot of thought into situations. But I have to disagree that NK isn't a threat.

I think any country with such an extensive chemical, biological and nuclear weapons program coupled with a rapidly evolving missile program shouldn't be discounted.

I think history is full of example like WWI where things rapidly get out of hand and historians in retrospect point at the mistakes, miscalculations and pure missteps.

Why did we end up in wars in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and military engagements in Panama and Grenada- were those countries or leaders a threat to us?
3ADScout

Postby TRex2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 am

John Galt 1 wrote:I'm not wanting to turn this thread into a conspiracy thread but consider this.

Too late. That ship sailed about three days ago.

You are a bit naive about how they would acquire their weapons, but most of that is already done, and they are ready to go when ordered.

The attack will not consist of only one kind of assault, but rather, there will be at least 4 different avenues of attack with very little time in between. And, due to the priorities of the previous administration, most of which are still being driven forward by the Deep State (aka DC Swamp) because they were installed in positions that didn't allow them to be simply dismissed, there will be very little resistance to the attacks.

But, I still don't expect it all to kick off until the tests I mentioned earlier are complete.
Liddle Rocket Man is crazy, but he ain't stupid.
TRex2

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:47 am

TRex2 wrote:

Too late. That ship sailed about three days ago.

You are a bit naive about how they would acquire their weapons, but most of that is already done, and they are ready to go when ordered.

The attack will not consist of only one kind of assault, but rather, there will be at least 4 different avenues of attack with very little time in between. And, due to the priorities of the previous administration, most of which are still being driven forward by the Deep State (aka DC Swamp) because they were installed in positions that didn't allow them to be simply dismissed, there will be very little resistance to the attacks.

But, I still don't expect it all to kick off until the tests I mentioned earlier are complete.
Liddle Rocket Man is crazy, but he ain't stupid.

North Korea lives on their worldwide smuggling operations - they covertly ship out tonnage and diplomatically send out plenty to the world capitol spots that still allow them diplomatic access ..... arms, drugs, counterfeit cash and anything else they can make $$$$$ on .... the US recently snatched one of their outgoing diplomatic pouches headed back home - most likely washed cash from their illegals ops .... a righteous agent wouldn't have to scrounge much to get him/her self ready for their mission - buy or smuggle whatever necessary - the fact that the US never arrests anybody (or covers it up really well) attests to their professionality ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters