• Advertisement

EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #7 (Oct 2017)

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #7 (Oct 2017)

Postby Illini Warrior » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:52 pm

next week there'll be three full US carrier task forces in the Korean theater - the Nimitz group will be coming in to join the USS Roosevelt arriving this week and the USS Reagan force based out of Japan and already on scene ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby TRex2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:36 pm

It is, technically, a United Nations operation,
even though we are the "heavy" in theater.
So, it isn't surprising there are people from
all over the world going there.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/mo ... orean-war/
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby Illini Warrior » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:00 pm

**** A HEADS UP to everyone holding their breath .... starting tonite thru the weekend - all kinds of side talk about North Korea making military moves that aren't being viewed as testing or some training maneuvers - could possibly be seeing something serious ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby John Galt 1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:**** A HEADS UP to everyone holding their breath .... starting tonite thru the weekend - all kinds of side talk about North Korea making military moves that aren't being viewed as testing or some training maneuvers - could possibly be seeing something serious ....

define "side talk" and please give more specific details.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby ReadyMom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:26 am

John Galt 1 wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:**** A HEADS UP to everyone holding their breath .... starting tonite thru the weekend - all kinds of side talk about North Korea making military moves that aren't being viewed as testing or some training maneuvers - could possibly be seeing something serious ....

define "side talk" and please give more specific details.

Agreed. Need more specifics.
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mollypup » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:56 am

Source? And I agree some details would be nice.

Not that I don't think this deal with NK isn't potentially coming to a head......
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:35 am

Mollypup wrote:

Source? And I agree some details would be nice.

Not that I don't think this deal with NK isn't potentially coming to a head......

nothing new as per this AM - no new details on the NK concern ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby TRex2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:50 am

His "side talk" is probably stuff he hears from those he is not allowed to quote.
I have similar sources, though mine were not saying anything this past week.
(I have unofficial connections in US Army and Intel Communities,
not sure where his connections are.)

Such sources are often useful, but less than fully reliable.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
TRex2

Postby dmwalsh568 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 am

I see November 5th as the next possible date for the balloon to go up, since our President is going to be kicking off his Asia tour with a visit to Japan on the 5th. I can see how easily things could get ugly if NK decides to launch a missile over Japan while POTUS is on the ground there....

So I'll be charging up all the battery packs again and sealing them up in the faraday cages as well as topping off supplies this weekend (well, as much as I can without my wife freaking out that she can't move around in the storage area...)
dmwalsh568

Postby TRex2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:02 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:I see November 5th as the next possible date for the balloon to go up, since our President is going to be kicking off his Asia tour with a visit to Japan on the 5th. I can see how easily things could get ugly if NK decides to launch a missile over Japan while POTUS is on the ground there....

So I'll be charging up all the battery packs again and sealing them up in the faraday cages as well as topping off supplies this weekend (well, as much as I can without my wife freaking out that she can't move around in the storage area...)

Nothing wrong with being ready.
TRex2

Postby John Galt 1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 pm

We all know Little Fat Boy is an idiot but I doubt that even he would be stupid enough to launch a missile while Trump is in NK. With the current level of rhetoric and US military preparedness I wouldn't be surprised to learn that we bombed before 11/5.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 pm

TRex2 wrote:His "side talk" is probably stuff he hears from those he is not allowed to quote.
I have similar sources, though mine were not saying anything this past week.
(I have unofficial connections in US Army and Intel Communities,
not sure where his connections are.)

Such sources are often useful, but less than fully reliable.

when they have a response attack down to the minute - I take that for damn credible and RELIABLE ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby ReadyMom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 pm

North Korea is apparently demanding the US take 'literally' its threat to nuke the Pacific
http://www.businessinsider.com/north-ko ... =buffer-bi

Oct. 25, 2017

• A senior North Korean official reportedly repeated the country's threat to conduct the "strongest hydrogen bomb test over the Pacific Ocean."
  • The official likely meant launching a nuclear missile and having it detonate over the ocean, which could kill many and would likely pollute the environment for generations.
  • The US may choose to strike North Korea to prevent such a test, experts say.

North Korea has previously threatened to detonate a nuclear bomb above ground and has now repeated that threat and demanded the US take it "literally," according to CNN's Will Ripley.

Ripley quoted a senior North Korean official as saying its threat to conduct the "strongest hydrogen bomb test over the Pacific Ocean" should be taken at face value.

Experts assessed this threat to mean that North Korea would fire a missile with a live nuclear bomb over the Pacific and detonate in the atmosphere above the ocean.

Such a test could have potentially devastating nuclear and political fallout, possibly killing civilians, poisoning waters, or even knocking out electrical infrastructure.

"If North Korea does do an atmospheric test, it really does change the game," Jenny Town, the assistant director of the US-Korea Institute and a managing editor at 38 North, previously told Business Insider.

An atmospheric test could be so dangerous and provocative, it may even prompt the US to preemptively strike to prevent such a test.

Bonnie Glaser, director of the China Power Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, previously told Business Insider that an atmospheric test may elicit a kinetic US response.

"If North Korea has a ballistic missile on a launchpad that we think is armed with a nuclear warhead," then the US could seek to eliminate that one single missile, Glaser said.

"But even a strike on a missile on a launchpad could result in retaliation."
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:35 pm

(RELATED to post above):

North Korea threat of 'most powerful' nuclear bomb test should be taken literally, foreign minister warns
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea- ... 00019.html

October 25, 2017 Jeremy B White

America must take “literally” the threat of North Korea conducting a powerful nuclear test over the Pacific Ocean, according to a top official.

Dramatically upping the stakes as it showcases its bolstered military prowess, North Korea last month conducted its first test of a powerful hydrogen bomb. Shortly afterward, the country’s foreign minister responded to Donald Trump’s threat to “totally destroy” North Korea by saying the country could conduct the “strongest hydrogen bomb test over the Pacific Ocean”.

It was not an idle warning, according to senior diplomat Ri Yong Pil, who told CNN the possibility was meant to be taken “literally”.

“The foreign minister is very well aware of the intentions of our supreme leader, so I think you should take his words literally,” Mr Ri told CNN.

The threat of a nuclear test came as North Korea renewed its warning that America was provoking a military conflict, calling joint naval exercises a prelude to “nuclear war”.

The claim, made in a letter from North Korean ambassador Ja Song Nam, is the latest in a series of threats and recriminations America and North Korea have exchanged over a tense few months. As North Korea has tested increasingly powerful weaponry and threatened to obliterate its enemies, the Trump administration has responded with vows to punish Korea with force if necessary.

It has also conducted joint military exercises with South Korea, including a Navy drills that dispatched around 40 vessels -among them the nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier - near the Korean Peninsula this month.

At the time North Korea referred to those drills as a “rehearsal for war”. In his letter, Mr Ja asked the United Nations Security Council to examine what he called the “general mobilization of the strategic assets” for the exercise.

Mr Ja said Donald Trump “made the most ferocious declaration of war in history by claiming to ‘totally destroy’” North Korea. The President issued that warning during a mid-September speech to the United Nations, continuing to match Korean bellicosity with American warnings of military reprisal. Defense Secretary James Mattis had said weeks earlier that North Korea risked “total annihilation” if it continued to defy the world and threaten allies.

China, seen as crucial to reining in its belligerent neighbor, has joined the world effort to halt North Korea but has also echoed the country’s warnings about US military exercises functioning as acts of aggression.

In August, the country’s foreign ministry urged America to suspend planned military drills that it warned would escalate tensions. A state editorial condemning North Korea’s nuclear test in September also reprimanded the US for its “belligerent tone”, cautioning that “military exercises on DPRK's doorstep ate into Pyongyang's sense of security” and suggesting that North Korea suspend its military programs in exchange for the suspension of military exercises.

The UN Security Council to which Mr Ja issued his plea has had limited success in containing North Korea. It has clamped successive rounds of sanctions on the North Korean economy but failed to deter the nation's military ambitions, leading American ambassador to the the UN Nikki Haley to declare diplomatic options “exhausted”
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby dmwalsh568 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:38 am

Funny, I had immediately taken the threat as a ship born test at or near sea level, not a missle at any great height. If they do detonate at altitude they risk an emp attack on somebody which won't end well for NK.
dmwalsh568

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters