• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Northern Mississippi Sorta Newbie ISO Like Minded Folks.

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Northern Mississippi Sorta Newbie ISO Like Minded Folks.

Postby MsDeborah » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Hoping to find a community/neighborhood, etc. of like-minded people where we can buy a couple of acres and join a community with Christian values. Not sure what state yet.

So far I've researched Nebraska, Arkansas, Montana, Mississippi, Texas, and Tennessee. Looking for some woods on property; but, don't want to be in the middle of a possible wildfire area. Higher elevation than 900 feet is preferred; or at least within a few miles of that height. Need unrestricted land in order to live in a travel trailer until building a cabin is affordable. Want to have chickens, ducks, maybe a horse; no pigs.

Older lady and family. Multiple skills among two of us. Mine is mostly related to experience gained working as a Unit Secretary for Intensive Care Units; also used to be a nurse aide; a lot of medical knowledge and was often like Radar on Mash and knew when a problem was coming before staff realized it - a lot of that is watching for pattern changes and being open to Divine Guidance. Slow mobility now; but, strong will here; definitely a survivor.

Currently learning about herbal medicines. Experience with gardening, canning, sewing,crocheting, knitting, candle making, pet care, chicken care, being a good sounding board for those who need someone to talk to or who need some encouragement. Limited carpentry skills; but, can use some manual and power tools.

Problem idea fixer, peacekeeper mentality. Looking forward to having a mini homestead and being self-sufficient; not a burden to others.

My guy has carpentry, plumbing and electrical experience. He also has people skills, along with other experience including some hunting; enjoys fishing.

God bless you and yours!
Deborah :)
MsDeborah

Re: Northern Mississippi Sorta Newbie ISO Like Minded Folks.

Postby straightshooter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:02 pm

At least your SO has people skills. I'm sorely lacking in that department!
straightshooter

Return to Introduce Yourself