• Advertisement

DNA Test Kits

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

DNA Test Kits

Postby Cadit » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am

What's up with all these DNA kits. At first it was for a very low price/cost, you could get your DNA tested. Now it's get your DNA test kit free. I read and article a few weeks back where our government was or had offered these DNA companies an incentive to gather Americans DNA to put on file. Now why would our beloved government want or even need our DNA and for what purpose?

IS Big brother growing or flexing its mussels again or is there some other reason for this tremendous invasion of our privacy through gimmicks, and I say again, for what purpose? If you have an idea or have heard of some government reason, let us know.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Re: DNA Test Kits

Postby BigOrange75 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 am

From what I read recently, places like ancestry.com and others have the right to do what they want with your DNA once they have it. They can sell it or whatever so basically it is now public information. I was interested in submitting a sample to see what kind of Heinz-57 I have in my bloodstream, but forget that.
BigOrange75
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby Cin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:35 pm

The companies also assured people getting DNA tests done that they would NOT use the information they gathered for medical purposes.

REALLY? Because one of my relatives did get it done...and found out that our family doesn't have the gene that marks Parkinson's...now, just how did the company know that and why were they gathering that info? Wasn't it supposed to be about your racial/cultural makeup?

BTW, there are some predicting now that this medical evidence might be used to determine if you have a pre-existing condition. Born with genes that are markers for various diseases? No insurance for you!

Funny they can trace the genes that mark the propensity for a disease, but they cannot cure said disease despite the millions and millions of dollars poured into the coffers of non-profits that supposedly "research" said diseases, and gather more millions in hopes of finding the cure.
Cin

Postby Blondie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:22 pm

The Cash Cow markets will be:

Law enforcement. Even if you are not a suspect, your DNA could show you are a close blood relative to Cousin Guido who is a suspect. Biometrics are now huge business.

Health insurance providers: Did your great aunt on your grandfather's side have the breast cancer gene? Congrats! You've been selected for exhorbitant surcharges!

If you want some family history, use a free site like Family Search? It's LDS maintained I think...Ice Fire might know more.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby oldasrocks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:00 pm

I think I'll get a kit and send in my German Shepherd saliva and see what I get back. Or better yet mix it with mine. That ought to ring some bells.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 pm

I had mine checked, I had to select if I wanted to know about parkinsons or alzheimers and I did.
Mine said no parkinsons and slight possibility of alzheimers, honestly happy to know those facts.

At 71 not going to change much in my life. Much younger, would have to think about it.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby angie_nrs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 pm

The intrusiveness potential of Ancestry or any other place doing DNA sampling has concerned me since I saw the first TV ad. There's no way in heck I would submit my DNA to anyone intentionally. Where I came from for curiosity's sake is not a good enough reason for me to ever participate. The results (if they could be trusted) wouldn't change my life one bit if I found out I was ____% this or _____% that. My family is still my family and I am still me.

However, I am also very well aware that if Big Brother wanted my DNA, they would get it. DNA can be gathered from any bodily secretions. So, if you have routine physicals, give blood, have blood sent to the lab for any routine testing, etc.....your DNA is out there. I believe it can also be obtained by hair samples. Although if it is obtained for medical purposes, it is "supposed" to be private. Yeah, right. Still, I wouldn't willingly give it to an outside testing company.

This is also my concern about giving out any of my private information willingly and is the exact reason why I don't do social media. Look how many people have been busted by FaceBook by employers, spouses, law enforcement, etc. Nope, I'd rather just pick up the phone and talk to someone if I want to catch up with them. Hah, if Big Bro were to tap my phone, he'd be bored to tears. My every movement and how often I post on a site that has my real name on it just puts too much information out there for anyone to see.

Geez, I sound paranoid or something, eh? :eek:
angie_nrs

Postby angie_nrs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm

oldasrocks wrote:I think I'll get a kit and send in my German Shepherd saliva and see what I get back. Or better yet mix it with mine. That ought to ring some bells.

I totally DARE You!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I honestly did bust out laughing at this.....Thanks! :thumbup:
angie_nrs

Postby rickdun » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 am

oldasrocks wrote:I think I'll get a kit and send in my German Shepherd saliva and see what I get back. Or better yet mix it with mine. That ought to ring some bells.

OAR, send me a pm with your address and I'll send you a check or money order for the test. The only thing I ask is that you post the results on the forum. :rofl:
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:36 am

Thanks rickdun but I can afford it. I'm going to wait till my wife goes overseas as she does every year to see her dad for 2 months. She doesn't have a sense of humor.

BTW: I think she should hire a babysitter for me when she is gone for so long. Someone to cook, do the dishes, laundry and clean. Also to give me a massage every day. I stay home to take care of all our animals and should not suffer while she is playing for 2 months.
oldasrocks

Postby msdeltamom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:30 pm

oldasrocks wrote:Thanks rickdun but I can afford it. I'm going to wait till my wife goes overseas as she does every year to see her dad for 2 months. She doesn't have a sense of humor.

BTW: I think she should hire a babysitter for me when she is gone for so long. Someone to cook, do the dishes, laundry and clean. Also to give me a massage every day. I stay home to take care of all our animals and should not suffer while she is playing for 2 months.

Hysterical!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I cannot wait to see these results!! :lol:
msdeltamom

Postby IceFire » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:18 pm

msdeltamom wrote:
oldasrocks wrote:Thanks rickdun but I can afford it. I'm going to wait till my wife goes overseas as she does every year to see her dad for 2 months. She doesn't have a sense of humor.

Hysterical!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I cannot wait to see these results!! :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Enquiring minds want to know... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cadit » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:31 am

I see that I'm not the only one concerned about this, I was talking to a friend who is in the medical field and was told that the government has been collecting DNA for years without anyone's knowledge or approval. That hospitals have volunteered to gather DNA samples from patients when in the hospital. Also said that many doctors are doing this also, but are required to tell you if you should ask.

I just don't trust any of them anymore, nor do I think they really are looking after your best interest. I self medicate. LOL. I have gotten into Herbs and its amazing what a difference it has made. :thumbsup:
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Return to A.N.T.S.