• Advertisement

Home cameras

Talk about non-lethal self defense, personal safety, and home security.

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

Home cameras

Postby Mary Treasa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:52 am

Just bought a new home and we are moving in within 2 weeks. One of my hubby's to do list is to install CCTV surveillance camera systems for the house as he wishes to make the house tightly secured. He wishes to have a BIPRO-540L6 IR Security Camera as it provides a weatherproof indoor/outdoor surveillance. It has 36 IR LEDs that see up to 100 feet with 1/3" Sony CCD video cam. When I googled, I came across a lot more other features. Has anyone over here installed such home security cameras? Has it got any disadvantages? One of my friends said that his surveillance camera poses video issues and the DVR automatically stops storing the video footage. Why is that happening? I would also like to know about false alarms. How does it happen? How can the surveillance cameras be maintained? Can someone share your thoughts?
Mary Treasa

Re: Home cameras

Postby alex_mercer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:11 am

False alarms are triggered when your dog or cat jumps over something or due to the result of buggy software. His DVR will have to be resynced and the security cameras reinstalled on the network.

Maintaining is pretty easy, wash the lens once a week or so. I can't think of anything else that needs to be done.

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 am

Hubs asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told him that was it, cameras. We have talked about it for
a long time and never pulled the trigger on it.

We have driveway alarms and they are forever going off when the wind blows stuff in front of them or
the chimes move. I have them off right now.

Hubs likes to research so this will give him something to look at also, but we both think its necessary.
We have instructed DIL not to leave the garage doors open after she removes her car so people can't
see his tools in there. We are back from the road but still.

Postby Fyrediver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:00 pm

My only advice is to go with the highest resolution cameras you can afford.

Also, might want to consider how to backup/secure the DVR against burglars. My safe has an input so you can put a DVR inside and record or backup the house system.

Hardening the doors also doesn't have to be expensive. https://doordevil.com/
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” Charles Darwin
Washington Preppers Network
Washington Preppers Network

Postby John Galt 1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 pm

These USB "brick" cameras look interesting to hiding a motion activated camera inside the house if you've got any plugs higher on the wall.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... ini+camera

I'm considering getting several. I've found lower priced models with built in memory but the memory is very limited.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Return to Personal Safety and Home Security