• Advertisement

EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #8 (NOV & DEC 2017)

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #8 (NOV 2017)

Postby Mollypup » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:46 pm

LFM is at it again......

North Korea fired a ballistic missile in its first provocation since U.S. President Donald Trump labeled the country a state sponsor of terrorism earlier this month, Yonhap reported, citing South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The agency didn’t immediately provide more details on the launch. Japan’s coast guard said the missile fell into the sea near Japan.

North Korea conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test on Sept. 3, and has launched more than a dozen missiles this year as Kim Jong Un’s regime seeks the capability to hit the continental U.S. with a nuclear weapon. The United Nations has imposed stringent sanctions on North Korea for its weapons tests.

Trump on Nov. 20 labeled North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism because of its threats of nuclear devastation and support of terrorist acts including assassinations on foreign soil. North Korea responded by saying the designation reminds the country it should keep hold of its " precious nuclear sword. "

On Nov. 14, the U.S. wrapped up strike force drills in the Western Pacific using three aircraft carriers -- the first such exercise in a decade. North Korea routinely complains about U.S. drills in the region, using them as justification to ratchet up its own weapons program.

The launch ends a lull in test activity by the Kim regime. North Korea’s last provocation was on Sept. 15 when it fired a second missile over Japan in as many months.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nort ... 37098.html
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:33 pm

It seems that every time I go visit my dad, something happens with this guy and I miss the 'breaking news'. :bored:

North Korea's latest missile launch puts Washington DC in range for first time, says expert
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 81206.html

The latest launch by North Korea has for the first time theoretically put Washington DC in range of Pyongyang’s missiles, an expert has calculated.

While it was unlikely the missile fired in the early hours of Wednesday could yet carry a nuclear payload, the missile itself probably had the capability of reaching the US capital, or anywhere else in the country, said David Wright, co-director of the global security programme at the Union of Concerned Scientists.

“This is significantly longer than North Korea’s previous long-range tests, which flew on lofted trajectories for 37 minutes and 47 minutes,” Mr Wright wrote in a blog.

The latest launch by North Korea has for the first time theoretically put Washington DC in range of Pyongyang’s missiles, an expert has calculated.

While it was unlikely the missile fired in the early hours of Wednesday could yet carry a nuclear payload, the missile itself probably had the capability of reaching the US capital, or anywhere else in the country, said David Wright, co-director of the global security programme at the Union of Concerned Scientists.

“This is significantly longer than North Korea’s previous long-range tests, which flew on lofted trajectories for 37 minutes and 47 minutes,” Mr Wright wrote in a blog.
Kim Jong-un inspects weapon North Korea says is powerful hydrogen bomb

“Such a missile would have more than enough range to reach Washington, DC.”

Reports suggest the latest missile travelled 620 miles and reached a height of about 2,800 miles before landing off the coast of Japan. This meant it had been fired almost straight up on a “lofted trajectory”, similar to North Korea’s two previous ICBM tests.

Mr Wright said it the missile had flown on a standard trajectory designed to maximise its reach, this missile would have a range of more than 8,100 miles. Washington DC is 6,850 miles from Pyongyang.

He said that experts did not yet know what sort of payload the missile carried, but presumed it was a very light, mock warhead.

“If true, that means it would not be capable of carrying a nuclear warhead to this long distance, since such a warhead would be much heavier,” he said.
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 pm

New North Korean ICBM launch was country's highest ever
http://abcnews.go.com/International/nor ... d=51437178

Nov 28, 2017,

North Korea launched an intercontinental ballistic missile into space earlier today, reaching an altitude of 2,800 miles, making it the highest North Korean missile test to date, two U.S. officials confirmed.

It traveled for an estimated 50 minutes, the longest of the country's missile flights, an official said. The missile was a two-stage KN-20, a kind previously launched, a U.S. official confirmed.

The launch was North Korea's third intercontinental ballistic missile test and its 15th ballistic missile launch of 2017. It is the latest provocation by the nation and its first test in over two months.

"The missile was launched from Sain Ni, North Korea, and traveled about 1,000 km before splashing down in the Sea of Japan, within Japan's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ)," Pentagon spokesman Col. Robert Manning said in a statement.

The missile did not pose a threat to North America, its territories or its allies, the Department of Defense said.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted Tuesday afternoon that Trump was briefed on the situation "while missile was still in the air."

Trump later addressed the launch in an appearance before reporters at the White House, pledging, "We will take care of it ... It is a situation that we will handle."

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley and her counterparts from Japan and South Korea requested an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council for Wednesday afternoon in response to the test.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency was the first to report the launch, which occurred early Wednesday local time, citing South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"North Korea launched an unidentified ballistic missile eastward from the vicinity of Pyongsong, South Pyongan province, at dawn today," the Joint Chiefs of Staff said, according to Yonhap.

Earlier in the day, Manning said there was "a probable missile launch from North Korea" at "approximately 1:30 p.m. EST," or 3:00 a.m. Wednesday in North Korea's capital, Pyongyang.

The launch ended the longest stretch of time without a North Korean missile test since U.S. President Donald Trump took office in January. North Korea tested its first missile of the year on Feb. 11, 22 days after his inauguration. From March to May, the country conducted tests every one to two weeks.

Its most recent previous launch was on Sept. 15 local time, 75 days ago, of a KN-17 intermediate-range ballistic missile, which flew over the Japanese island of Hokkaido.

On Aug. 8, Trump threatened Pyongyang with "fire and fury like the world has never seen," prompting North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to say he would consider sending missiles into the waters off Guam in mid-August.

Several weeks later, North Korea fired three short-range ballistic missiles not toward Guam but into the Sea of Japan.

The Trump administration has said all military options remain on the table to deal with the North Korean threat, but top U.S. officials have consistently emphasized the U.S. is pursuing a diplomatically led effort, including additional economic pressure.

Secretary of Defense James Mattis said this month, during the pause in testing, that "there would be an opportunity for talks ... so long as they stop testing, stop developing" and "don't export their weapons," according to a Reuters report.
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby TRex2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:43 am

I have noticed the news (except for the network that can't seem to get any air time at all for anything but mourning the loss of one of the top news anchors) seems to be on a slow but definite trend to skew their reporting of this.

I noticed after a day of reporting, they were slipping in things along the lines of 'this missile obviously didn't have a heavy payload' and 'we don't know if he can put a nuclear warhead on it'

It seems like they are slowly headed towards an entrenched position that "this can't really be happening."
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby Mollypup » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 pm

TRex2 wrote:I have noticed the news (except for the network that can't seem to get any air time at all for anything but mourning the loss of one of the top news anchors) seems to be on a slow but definite trend to skew their reporting of this.

I noticed after a day of reporting, they were slipping in things along the lines of 'this missile obviously didn't have a heavy payload' and 'we don't know if he can put a nuclear warhead on it'

It seems like they are slowly headed towards an entrenched position that "this can't really be happening."

While I've seen some articles around the internet with statements such as " no other solution except war with NK" in the past week but increasing noticeably in the past 24 hrs or so.

The MSM can't believe they can be wrong about anything. Not to mention that for them reality is somewhat a slippery subject. I mean their handlers are supposed to keep them informed, right? smh

But the "this can't really be happening" reflects much of the country's thoughts as well. They've been lead to believe NK & LFM are no threat whatsoever for quite a long while...while LFM continues to do his own thing & up the ante regularly. Now suddenly, its a real & dangerous threat. and LFM can easily reach US soil. The american public has trouble shifting gears that quickly.

So let's keep the public entertained with a Hollywood sex scandal that no one really cares about. They'll be munching their popcorn in the middle of who groped who when the first missiles hit.......won't know what hit them.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Mollypup wrote:
TRex2 wrote:I have noticed the news (except for the network that can't seem to get any air time at all for anything but mourning the loss of one of the top news anchors) seems to be ...

While I've seen some articles around the internet with statements such as " no other solution except war with NK" in the past week but increasing noticeably in the past 24 hrs or so.

The MSM can't believe they can be wrong about anything. Not to mention that for them reality is somewhat a slippery subject.
Yes, I should have said MSM, rather than the somewhat more general "news"

As for the thought there can be no other solution except war with NK, well, that has been the only ultimate end I can see. But I hope Trump can convince the Chinese to make it something that happens many years from now, rather than many weeks.

...won't know what hit them.
Yeah, the beginning of the series "Jericho" started that way, with people checking their cell phones and checking to see why the TV went off the air, and one person walking down the sidewalk asking the question "Did something just happen?"

That is one reason I use the first half dozen episodes of the first season as training material.

But, getting back to the subject at hand, it just seemed to me that the MSM went from about halfway getting the jist of what was going on, to sliding further from reality over the next couple of days, and I wondered if anyone else saw it that way.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
TRex2

Postby Mollypup » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:36 pm

It's one thing to speculate on potential apocalyptic events, quite another to suddenly realize it's not just something to debate, but you're actually facing it in the "now" sense, immediate future. Not the easiest thing to wrap your brain around.

England faced the same thing with Hitler. It came in stages. For a long while, even after he had become a war machine, they told themselves he'd never attack England. They attempted the peaceful route. An agreement was signed. The country was relieved. Until the agreement was ignored & Hitler turned his sights on them. All it did was give him more time & let it be at his convenience. But at least England was smart enough to prep their population for war in implementing programs for homeland defense & food supply ect (knowing Germany could easily cut off their supply lines). All this & they were still amazed with the first attack.

We've given NK & those who are backing it far too much time to prepare for war while we've sat back tooting our own horn & not doing a whole heck of a lot. While I'm a bit surprised our press has suddenly in recent weeks decided to state that war is coming & sooner than we think, much of nothing has been done to prepare the public physically or mentally.

Hoping China will do something is futile. If they'd wanted to do something, they'd have already done it, instead of threatening us if we attempt to put an end to LFMs nuke game.

I hope our intelligence folks have at least some idea who is backing LFM.....but heck as far as we know it could be them. The world has turned into an insane asylum & the patients are running the place.

At the rate of LFM upping the ante, we certainly don't have a year. We'll be lucky to have months.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Mollypup wrote:
clipped out the part I completely agree with

Hoping China will do something is futile. If they'd wanted to do something, they'd have already done it, instead of threatening us if we attempt to put an end to LFMs nuke game.

I hope our intelligence folks have at least some idea who is backing LFM.....but heck as far as we know it could be them. The world has turned into an insane asylum & the patients are running the place.

At the rate of LFM upping the ante, we certainly don't have a year. We'll be lucky to have months.

I don't see Trump as merely hoping China will do something. What I would like him to do is tell China that if we have to turn several miles of N.K, into a glass parking lot, don't think we won't go ahead and do the same to Beijing. I know he wouldn't be as blunt as I am, but that would be a message that would get their attention.

As to who is backing LFM, we do know that. As a matter of fact it isn't really that closely guarded secret. It is just secret enough that gentlemen don't accuse one another, openly, on the UN Security Council. (Think N. VietNam in the late 60's thru 72, we knew it was the Russians, with some help from the Chinese, We even knew where the rail lines crossed Asia to supply the NVA. It was just secret enough to provide a veneer for decorum.)

As to whether we have weeks or months or years, N.K. still doesn't have all of its ducks in a row (it is something I brought up before), so I am still betting on more than a year.
TRex2

Postby IceFire » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:07 pm

Mollypup wrote:It's one thing to speculate on potential apocalyptic events, quite another to suddenly realize it's not just something to debate, but you're actually facing it in the "now" sense, immediate future. Not the easiest thing to wrap your brain around.

England faced the same thing with Hitler. It came in stages. For a long while, even after he had become a war machine, they told themselves he'd never attack England. They attempted the peaceful route. An agreement was signed. The country was relieved. Until the agreement was ignored & Hitler turned his sights on them. All it did was give him more time & let it be at his convenience. But at least England was smart enough to prep their population for war in implementing programs for homeland defense & food supply ect (knowing Germany could easily cut off their supply lines). All this & they were still amazed with the first attack.

It's the "frog in the pot" technique...put a frog in a pot of water on the stove and GRADUALLY turn up the heat. He'll sit there all fat and happy, not noticing the rising temperature, until he is literally cooked!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby handyman777 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 am

My nephew who is a Marine, said January there starting cold weather training here in the northern part of the US just for this.
As he put it the last 16 years have been desert fighting with not a lot of cold weather activity.
He said its just a matter of time with LFM. and something big happening.
He's looking forward to the training::::spoken like a true Marine.
handyman777
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 am

handyman777 wrote:My nephew who is a Marine, said January there starting cold weather training here in the northern part of the US just for this.
As he put it the last 16 years have been desert fighting with not a lot of cold weather activity.

could be Korean related ...

last year they sent in a detachment of Marines to Norway for co-op training - first time in history .... lots of prep going on with the Scandinavian countries for a re-newed interest in a Russian end run invasion from the north ...

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News ... 484655350/
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby danthman114 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:54 am

Illini Warrior wrote:
handyman777 wrote:My nephew who is a Marine, said January there starting cold weather training here in the northern part of the US just for this.

could be Korean related ...

last year they sent in a detachment of Marines to Norway for co-op training - first time in history .... lots of prep going on with the Scandinavian countries for a re-newed interest in a Russian end run invasion from the north ...

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News ... 484655350/

cold weather training has always been going on in the marine corps for ever. even while the war in Iraq was happening. its nothing out of the ordinary for marines to go to places like Norway or to Bridgeport ca for cold weather/mountain warfare training. I went to Norway in 2001/2 right after 9/11.
training happens regardless of whats going on in the world.
danthman114

Postby rickdun » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Senator Lindsay Graham was on Face the Nation this morning and when asked about N.K., he said that he is urging the pentagon not to send anymore military dependents to S.K., and that the military dependents that are currently there need to come home.

He also said he is going to ask the Senate to authorize a pre-emptive strike on N.K. if thing get any worse. :ninja:

It's starting to get real scary, ordered more freeze dried food yesterday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sen-lindse ... re-likely/
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 pm

rickdun wrote:Senator Lindsay Graham was on Face the Nation this morning and when asked about N.K., he said that he is urging the pentagon not to send anymore military dependents to S.K., and ...

Well, better late than never, I guess.

Mollypup had it figured out a long time ago:

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions
postby Mollypup » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:17 am
TRex2

Postby tamtbell » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:39 pm

My husband and his supervisor were recently discussing this. His supervisor is an old air force commander, hubby is a retired staff sergeant. Hubby's supervisor predicted when Rex Tillerson resigns, shortly thereafter we'll go to war. His opinion was that Rex Tillerson was the only one preaching diplomacy. I found it interesting, especially since I haven't been watching things as closely as I typically do.
For the moment we live in a day of peace, but it shall not ever be thus. Great trials lie ahead... and we must prepare ourselves temporally and spiritually.
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters