• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #8 (NOV & DEC 2017)

Post about tips and ideas on preparing for terrorism and other man-made disasters here.

Moderator: medic94

Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions #8 (NOV & DEC 2017)

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 pm

TRex2 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:...
The only thing I have seen on LFM is that ICBM he launched, and a lot of speculative analysis about it. There are, of course rumors about the 17th (anniversary of his father's death) and that theory that he might launch while there was a U.N. guy in country.
Well, we know now, that he didn't launch anything while that UN guy was in country.

His nuclear testing is out of commission for a little while,
and he is building that Nuclear Submarine, so I still expect
the next 12 months to be relatively quiet/safe.

I need to amend my analysis. The "Nuclear" submarine he is supposedly building isn't really a nuclear submarine. While it can fire a nuclear tipped missile, its propulsion is diesel. It can't reach the U.S. So, I am dropping it from my timeline analysis.

I still think we have months to go, as he still needs to test another ICBM and another warhead.

don't discount the NK subs - if the US doesn't have a net over the bunch and the attack is premeditated - they could mother those small diesel subs across the Pacific ... the Jap subs that cruised the West Coastline during WW2 weren't much bigger ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby TRex2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:don't discount the NK subs - if the US doesn't have a net over the bunch and the attack is premeditated - they could mother those small diesel subs across the Pacific ... the Jap subs that cruised the West Coastline during WW2 weren't much bigger ....
I am not discounting the subs as a threat, I am just saying that for the timing of his attack on us, this one sub is not going to be a critical element in his decision making.

As for ferrying or mothering a sub across the pacific, he has limited seagoing vessels that could do that, and limited subs for the mission. I would expect us to notice something is amiss. For instance, mothering a sub across the pacific would require almost 3 weeks crossing time, stopping 4 or 5 times to refuel... not a normal behavior for his surface ships.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:51 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:don't discount the NK subs - if the US doesn't have a net over the bunch and the attack is premeditated - they could mother those small diesel subs across the Pacific ... the Jap subs that cruised the West Coastline during WW2 weren't much bigger ....
I am not discounting the subs as a threat, I am just saying that for the timing of his attack on us, this one sub is not going to be a critical element in his decision making.

As for ferrying or mothering a sub across the pacific, he has limited seagoing vessels that could do that, and limited subs for the mission. I would expect us to notice something is amiss. For instance, mothering a sub across the pacific would require almost 3 weeks crossing time, stopping 4 or 5 times to refuel... not a normal behavior for his surface ships.

hear about NK getting oil smuggled to it by two different ships under two different flags - $$$$$$ talks - he's got as many ships as he would ever need ... their entire economy is based on illegal goods and smuggling - the enforcers trip over something or other on occasion ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby TRex2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:...
hear about NK getting oil smuggled to it by two different ships under two different flags - $$$$$$ talks - he's got as many ships as he would ever need ... their entire economy is based on illegal goods and smuggling - the enforcers trip over something or other on occasion ....

Of course, I heard about it.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
TRex2

Postby John Galt 1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:57 am

They are also saying that at least 3 times they know of Russian ships transferring oil to NK ships but that was a few months ago.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:45 am

John Galt 1 wrote:They are also saying that at least 3 times they know of Russian ships transferring oil to NK ships but that was a few months ago.

Russian flagged boats are totally different than the Chinese - everything Chinese is regime run - nothing happens without the few signing off on it ....

the Russians are less gooberment run than even the US - there's Ruskie flagged cargo ships on the Great Lakes that have buzzing around since The Wall come down - I don't think there's any control from Moscow on these guys ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby rickdun » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:48 am

CDC to hold briefing on how Americans can prepare for nuclear war :eek:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-nuclea ... -tensions/
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Mollypup » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 am

rickdun wrote:CDC to hold briefing on how Americans can prepare for nuclear war :eek:

I saw that. About damn time.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby TRex2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:17 am

Mollypup wrote:
rickdun wrote:CDC to hold briefing on how Americans can prepare for nuclear war :eek:

I saw that. About damn time.

I doubt they will discuss anything more advanced than the long time denizens of this forum discuss.
8)
TRex2

Postby John Galt 1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:40 am

But at least the public may become a little more aware of how bad things have gotten with NK.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby TRex2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:56 pm

John Galt 1 wrote:But at least the public may become a little more aware of how bad things have gotten with NK.

Actually I doubt they have much of an audience.

While not the same threat, the mentality is readily recognizable:
1 Thessalonians chapter 5
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

If they wanted to be lightened, they would be already.
I think the main audiences will be 1st responders, government employees who have dealt with emergencies, and preppers. And most of the audience will already know the bulk of what they will cover.

“The good thing about being a pessimist is that I'm either always right,
or pleasantly surprised.” ― Robin Ayers
TRex2

Postby Mollypup » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 pm

You just might be surprised TRex2.

I've seen more folks leaning in the prepping direction in the past months. Doing so quietly, some small scale, some on a much larger scale. Some are hesitant to listen to their gut instincts because the media on one hand says NK is a threat & on the other basically continues to preach nothing can touch us...so worry they may be over reacting & ignore their gut. Sure, there will always be those that even if you rub their noses in it won't bother to listen, learn or do anything. But some will.....but media / govt has been confusing about this issue for a long time.

BTW for the record........I was never "enlightened" about prepping. I've done it on one scale or another my entire adult life & it didn't necessarily have anything to do with disasters, natural or otherwise....sometimes it was just to save dollars.

We talk about the sheeple. We talk about how the govt & MSM have groomed the American public into sheeple over the past 3 decades or more. And then expect them to suddenly, basically out of nowhere, be able to think for themselves. (which is not easy to do when you've been systematically groomed otherwise) Not quite fair. It's not like they knew they were being turned into sheeple. If this causes them to listen to their gut (and maybe realize the govt & MSM are not necessarily truthful depending upon their agenda) & get prepping, then I'm all for it. It's better than not realistically warning the public at all. It gives them a chance, no matter how slight that chance might be.

Personally, I don't prep for nuclear war, nor will I. My choice. But it's an educated choice.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby ajax727 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:54 pm

I don't know if he can hit us with a nuke but it could happen but there is a threat if they can master reentry . One subject that is over looked is NK bio and chemical weapons . NK has a stock pile of them and they did get help from Russia and China that is a fact from what I have read and what I have been told . The threat from a bio weapon could cause more damage because it takes time for the infected to know they at sick and or die and by then it could be spread to most parts of the USA with little effort . LFM will do whatever it takes to keep himself in power . It seems his thoughts are if I go he wants to take as many people with him as he can .
The CDC's move to educate people will be heard by some and over looked by others . To prepare for all that could happen is next to impossible . All we can do is keep prepping and hope that we are ready for whatever comes our way .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Mollypup » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Hawaii Missile Warning

Hawaii missile alert: How events unfolded after citizens warned of imminent strike

Officials blame employee who pressed 'the wrong button' to send a real alert for a ballistic missile

For nearly 40 minutes, it seemed like the world was about to end on the islands of Hawaii, already jittery at the threat of nuclear-tipped missiles from North Korea.

Panic spread through the islands as terrified residents rushed to find shelter from a ballistic missile, which never was, allegedly heading towards the archipelago.

Reports tell of islanders making desperate attempts to try and contact loves ones and families trying to reassure crying children as many believed they were spending their last moments alive.

But there never was a ballistic missile and relief quickly turned to fury as Hawaiian were told the false alert had been triggered by an employee of the Hawaii Emergency Management who hit "the wrong button".

This is how events unfolded:

The false alert

At 8.07am local time on Saturday morning, Hawaiian residents received an all-caps message on their mobile phones, which read: "Ballistic missile threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek Immediate Shelter. This is not a drill."

Panic set in and people scrambled to take shelter wherever they could. One resident posted video footage of parents lifting children into storm drains.

Meredyth Gilmore, a school teacher who moved to Hawaii less than a week ago with her family from Virginia, told The Independent she had ran to a shelter to find that it was locked and eventually found refuge in part of a hotel. The false alert

At 8.07am local time on Saturday morning, Hawaiian residents received an all-caps message on their mobile phones, which read: "Ballistic missile threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek Immediate Shelter. This is not a drill."

Panic set in and people scrambled to take shelter wherever they could. One resident posted video footage of parents lifting children into storm drains.

Meredyth Gilmore, a school teacher who moved to Hawaii less than a week ago with her family from Virginia, told The Independent she had ran to a shelter to find that it was locked and eventually found refuge in part of a hotel.

Ms Gilmore, whose son is aged 17-months-old, described scenes of confusion with people running back and forth, trying to find out whether the warning was genuine.

"People were not screaming. Mums were trying to stay calm. The most heartbreaking thing was seeing these little kids with tears running down their faces. Parents were just trying to hold it together for their kids,” she said.

Many people took to social media as they were waiting in fear for any piece of information and stories emerged of people trying to contact their loved ones, rushing to shelter and trying to protect their children.

Video recorded from the University of Hawaii showed crowds of people running in panic after the warning was sent out.

But 38 minutes later, people received a second mobile alert telling them there was no missile.

What happened?

Shortly after 8am local time, a usual shift change took place at the Emergency Management Agency (EMA), authorities said.

At the start of each shift, the team carries out a routine internal test that involves the Emergency Alert System and the Wireless Emergency Alert.

Administrator Vern Miyagi later told a press conference that one of the employees had pushed "the wrong button" effectively sending a real alert for a ballistic missile, rather than initiating the intended internal test.

The alert was sent to people's mobile phones as well as television and radio channels.

Within minutes, the US Pacific Command was able to verify that there was no missile launch and the EMA cancelled the alert to those mobile phones who had not yet received the message.

Hawaii EMA's sent out a message on its Twitter and Facebook channels about 10 minutes after the initial alert saying "NO missile threat to Hawaii". But the message didn't reach Hawaiians who are not on social media platforms and many were still waiting in shelters for information.

Hawaii Governor David Ige retweeted the message to spread the word but many people remained in the dark as to what was happening.

After 38 minutes of panic, the EMA received authorisation to send out a second alert to people's mobile phones saying the incident was "a false alarm" and confirming "there is no missile threat to Hawaii".

Apologies and what happens next?

Hawaiian officials have repeatedly apologised for "the human error" which caused widespread chaos.

Emergency Management Agency Administrator Vern Miyagi took responsibility for the incident and said "we made a mistake".

The White House said president Donald Trump was briefed on the false alert at his private club in Florida. White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said it "was purely a state exercise." Trump is yet to issue a public response to the incident.

House Speaker Scott Saiki said the system Hawaii residents have been told to rely on failed miserably and denounced the half-hour period it took for EMA officials to issue a correction.

"Clearly, government agencies are not prepared and lack the capacity to deal with emergency situations," he said in a statement.

Governor Ige also said he was "sorry for the pain and confusion" the false alarm caused. In a statement, he said: “I know first-hand how today’s false alarm affected all of us here in Hawaii, and I am sorry for the pain and confusion it caused. I, too, am extremely upset about this and am doing everything I can do to immediately improve our emergency management systems, procedures and staffing."

The EMA has now suspended all future drills until a full analysis of the events is completed. A formal preliminary report of findings and corrective actions is due to be issued next week.

The Federal Communications Commission chairman Ajit Pai said on social media that the commission would launch a full investigation into the incident.

FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel added the commission had to find out what went wrong. Writing on Twitter, she said: "Emergency alerts are meant to keep us and our families safe, not to create false panic. We must investigate and we must do better."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 58316.html

Officials may be blaming an employee for "pushing the wrong button" but those in the know that I happen to know are crying bull crud. This inbound missile warning, according to many friends in Hawaii, went out on several media outlets radio, tv, social media, and phone alerts. If one simply pushed the wrong button, it doesn't take 38 minutes to figure that out. Drill my arse. I'm by far not the only one with this opinion, which surprised me because those who agree with me on this usually are in denial mode.

The public is typically notified of emergency drills. Example: tornado This is to prevent the public from panic in the belief that the drill is a real event. Yet, evidently that was not the case in this "drill". Again, it does not take 40 mins to figure out you hit the wrong button & correct it.

Maybe it burned up in the air or fell into the ocean, who knows.

Interesting side note: Not a word from Trump. (perhaps waiting for an "official story" to be constructed?)

Another interesting side note: Most of my friends in Hawaii got the alert, after a moment of being stunned, realized they couldn't do anything about it & went back to whatever they were doing. Only one called family in states to say good-byes.
Mollypup
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby ItchyDog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Paints a good picture of how people react when they think its real
ItchyDog

PreviousNext

Return to Terrorism & other Man made disasters