• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Greetings from San Diego, CA

Welcome to the forum! Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: ReadyMom, mmpaints

Greetings from San Diego, CA

Postby brianlkennedy1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Greetings,
I am brand new to prepping. My interest in preparing for troubles comes from two sources. First, I lived in Taiwan for many years and Taiwan gets hit with typhoons each year. Stocking up on water and food is a standard part of life there. I am also have had a life long interest in martial arts. Being able to provide for your family in a troublesome situation is "real life martial arts", at least in my view.

I look forward to talking with all the folks here and learning from everyone.
take care,
Brian
brianlkennedy1

Re: Greetings from San Diego, CA

Postby jean11 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum. Usually first on the prepping list is water and (long term) food. Keeping a list (inventory) is a very good idea that you will appreciate later. On a side note hubby and I love camping at Silver Strand on Coronado. You live in a great area.
jean11

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 am

Welcome to APN Brian...

Jingwu? .... THAT Brian?

Either way, welcome... :)

I'm in Orange County...

On a side note, I have an instructor that I've used for survival training in San Diego. Runs it out of the reservation and in the desert...Really good guy. Great classes and great attitude.

He'll be on Discovery Channel soon. Some show called "Bush League" or something like that.

If interested in that look up Joel Van der Loon.....I'm not affiliated in any way. Just think enough of him to mention him hear to you....Here's his site if interested.....If nothing else its a great accomplishment/challenge to try for yourself one day. http://bushsurvivaltraining.com/survival-guide-instructor/
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby oldasrocks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Ne ha ma? I know bad spelling but can't type chinese in here. My wife is from Taiwan. We live in Missouri. Come on across to a better living and freer area.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby brianlkennedy1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks much for the warm welcome. I appreciate folks taking the time to respond.
Jean11; yes, Coronado is beautiful. My work takes me over there from time to time and it is always enjoyable to see that area.
Driven By Knowledge; Yes!, I am the Jingwu book author. You are in Orange County---do we know each other from one of the martial arts forums ? Thanks much for the link to Joel's site, I will take a look at it.
Old as Rocks; Your Chinese is great! My wife is from the Taoyuan area (where the airport is) up in northern Taiwan. And yes, I would have been happy to live in a "free state"---but my business is located here so I am kind of stuck here till I retire. In that regard I had been gone from California for 15 years. The first time I stepped foot in a California gun store when I got back-----I could not believe the changes in California gun law!

In any event, thanks again for the warm welcome.
take care,
Brian
brianlkennedy1

Postby oldasrocks » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:24 pm

My wife was from Taichung. Her papa now lives in Nantou. I haven't been back there for 6 yrs. Hate the plane ride. Plus it's hard to find someone to take care of our animals.

KOWCHUNG (SP) is my favorite place. From the train station go a few blocks down to First Christian street, turn right a few more blocks till you see a sign- SPA 7A. It's a Tai massage place. In Nantou you can get a 90 minute massage for $18 US. I try to get at least one a day when there. Everyone is friendly and helpful there. Much nicer that the USA. Only drawback to too danged many people.
oldasrocks

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 am

brianlkennedy1 wrote:Thanks much for the warm welcome. I appreciate folks taking the time to respond.
Jean11; yes, Coronado is beautiful. My work takes me over there from time to time and it is always enjoyable to see that area.
Driven By Knowledge; Yes!, I am the Jingwu book author. You are in Orange County---do we know each other from one of the martial arts forums ? Thanks much for the link to Joel's site, I will take a look at it.
Old as Rocks; Your Chinese is great! My wife is from the Taoyuan area (where the airport is) up in northern Taiwan. And yes, I would have been happy to live in a "free state"---but my business is located here so I am kind of stuck here till I retire. In that regard I had been gone from California for 15 years. The first time I stepped foot in a California gun store when I got back-----I could not believe the changes in California gun law!

In any event, thanks again for the warm welcome.
take care,
Brian

No, don't know each other but know your book....I'm a craver of all knowledge as my Moniker states and a book worm...

lol...I guess I get a round a bit....More like in an AD/HD style but if I find subject matter I like I cant learn enough about it.

I do some security work for my church.....It's a ministry called "Sheepdogs"...

I cant name the church for obvious reasons, but you can Google it if you care to learn more. There's lots of groups out there and you'll get the gist of it.(more of us sadly every day)

Anyways, It's good to have you here at APN....WELCOME! :thumbup:

~D
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Return to Introduce Yourself