• Advertisement

Why Only a Few States?

General discussion board for ANTS members

Moderator: founderant

Why Only a Few States?

Postby Cadit » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 am

Ok Guys & Gals:

After reading about the different states that are readying for a possible Nuclear attack, My question is, why aren't more doing it? If a threat exist, why not get the citizens involved and prepared? Not just for the Politicians. They are spending our tax dollars to protect themselves and their families only. No educational programs, no instructional venues for our schools, no guidance for the millions of workers that are away from home during the day working. Nothing about what to do, where to go or how to survive.

What kind of message is this sending? Do you really think our government can protect us from an attack? :eek: Sound Off.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Re: Why Only a Few States?

Postby Dirk Williams » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 am

Govt, to protect us?. Anybody expecting the govt to protect them/us, is out of touch. Around my place, the responsibility to protect, survive, thrive, falls on my families shoulders. Like it or not, it's the way it has to be.

We expect exactly zero from govt. im amused to see such ideology on a prepper board site.

Does someone here actually think they will be cared for by govt.? Best of luck to you.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 am

it's actually a benefit to preppers with the sheeple believing that the gooberment will be coming to their rescue - keeps the rioting and chaos down longer into the inevitable die-off period .... no way to avoid the looting & rioting with certain elements of society & their areas of operation - but the last thing you want is a society that still has a full head of steam out there panicing ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby kenjabroni » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:45 am

Government especially now a days is only there to get wealthy and look after their own, and their own dont include the people who elected them. There are a few states that cant afford to buy toilet paper much less "educate" anyone about an impending nuclear threat or attack.

I think I am pretty safe where I am at being near a small town that is mostly reliant upon themselves. All towns have those that expect everyone else to baby them. If SHTF those people out here would find that out the hard way Id imagine.

If anyone actually believes the government is out to benefit us, they should just look at the state of healthcare and the school systems to know otherwise.
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Cadit » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:36 am

You guys are so right, but as each has stated; it can be a plus for us and our family, keeping down the panic for a period, give us time to set defenses and/or group for greater survivability.

I agree; that most of our population has drank the cool-aid and believes what is told them, but they will not look close enough to see the truth because they don't want to se it for what it is.
Cadit
K4HCH-Go Slow-Take a Knee-Look and Listen
Cadit

Postby Defcon09 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:42 am

How can the government protect over 320 million people? Answer, they can't. The only thing we can expect is for our Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard to to attempt to keep the "bad toy" at bay. That is part of the role the "federal" level should play. If that fails then the states can kick in with the National Guard, State Police and others. However, we as preppers have the ultimate responsibility to protect ourselves. our family members and close friends.

Good luck to all.
Defcon09

Postby Blondie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Lessee....I went to an old, old elementary school that had rusted Civil Defense and Fallout Shelter signs still hanging on the exterior. As a student runner, I remember seeing pamphlets that showed students covering their heads with their hands while crouched under their desks during a nuclear attack.

And who remembers Tom Ridge telling people to duct tape plastic to their windows right after 9/11 ?

You want .gov training? There ya go! :clap:
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby rickdun » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Blondie wrote:Lessee....I went to an old, old elementary school that had rusted Civil Defense and Fallout Shelter signs still hanging on the exterior. As a student runner, I remember seeing pamphlets that showed students covering their heads with their hands while crouched under their desks during a nuclear attack.

And who remembers Tom Ridge telling people to duct tape plastic to their windows right after 9/11 ?

You want .gov training? There ya go! :clap:

Blondie, I went to an older, older elementary school, 8 grades in 4 classrooms, 2 grades taught at the same time by one Nun.

Oh, I was one of those students covering their heads with their hands while under the desk and almost monthly, we had those air raid drills and almost every public brick building had the fallout shelter sign on it.

Damn, it's h-ll to grow old. :(
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Blondie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Rickdun, my elementary school was a brick building, think it was built in the 30's as a WPA project.

The school's copy shop was in the dark, creepy basement where the old Civil Defense stuff was still laying around untouched after all that time.

I thought it was more fascinating than the library! :blush:
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Permafrost » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:20 am

I am interested to know what states are actively preparing for a nuclear attack.

I know Alaska has stockpiles of food in two locations, but they are not for Alaskans. I think it is food for 100,000 people for 30 days, but some may have been added after the initial buy to reflect the current population size on the bases at Elmendorf and Wainwright/Eielson. The reason stated in the funding request in the legislature was that the food (MRE's & freeze dried) was for non-Alaskans who might be here (u.s. troops, transient workers, and tourists) during a emergency, because those in power were worried about Alaskan citizens having their food confiscated by those who did not have a freezer full of meat & shelves full of home canned veggies. These were set up years ago, and not in response to any particular threat like a attack from north korea.

Of those states actively prepping for a nuclear attack, what are they doing to prep?
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:01 am

Permafrost wrote:I am interested to know what states are actively preparing for a nuclear attack.

I know Alaska has stockpiles of food in two locations, but they are not for Alaskans. I think it is food for 100,000 people for 30 days, but some may have been added after the initial buy to reflect the current population size on the bases at Elmendorf and Wainwright/Eielson. The reason stated in the funding request in the legislature was that the food (MRE's & freeze dried) was for non-Alaskans who might be here (u.s. troops, transient workers, and tourists) during a emergency, because those in power were worried about Alaskan citizens having their food confiscated by those who did not have a freezer full of meat & shelves full of home canned veggies. These were set up years ago, and not in response to any particular threat like a attack from north korea.

Of those states actively prepping for a nuclear attack, what are they doing to prep?

most states have their own preparation office - with some buddy of the governor in charge - a PR budget that cranks up the commercials when a disaster season comes around .... real authority to actually get the various state response agencies to actively prep? - nope .... states with nuke power plants have evac plans for those areas - meds somewhat stockpiled - handouts pre-printed - ect ect ....

just like in the old Civil Defense days - the states rely on the FEDs - FEMA to the rescue ..........
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Permafrost » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:02 am

Illini Warrior wrote:most states have their own preparation office - with some buddy of the governor in charge - a PR budget that cranks up the commercials when a disaster season comes around .... real authority to actually get the various state response agencies to actively prep? - nope .... states with nuke power plants have evac plans for those areas - meds somewhat stockpiled - handouts pre-printed - ect ect ....

just like in the old Civil Defense days - the states rely on the FEDs - FEMA to the rescue ..........

Why would the states do nothing more than print flyers? For what they spend on that stuff they could start their own food stockpiles or build shelters for things like hurricanes. I can't think that Alaska is that special in that we want food security, I would imagine that other places want it as well. We located the most probable threat (a lack of resupply through ports or the 1 highway that comes here out of Canada) and planned accordingly to mitigate the damages, it is risk management 101.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:01 pm

#1 They don't believe it can happen!

#2 They are already broke covering welfare payments!

#3 It is not politically correct to be so negative!

#4 Most of the voting population knows only what they see on Facebook!

#5 Our attention spam is like fifteen minutes! North Korea - What is that????
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:36 pm

Permafrost wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:most states have their own preparation office - with some buddy of the governor in charge - a PR budget that cranks up the commercials when a disaster season comes around .... real authority to actually get the various state response agencies to actively prep? - nope .... states with nuke power plants have evac plans for those areas - meds somewhat stockpiled - handouts pre-printed - ect ect ....

Why would the states do nothing more than print flyers? For what they spend on that stuff they could start their own food stockpiles or build shelters for things like hurricanes. I can't think that Alaska is that special in that we want food security, I would imagine that other places want it as well. We located the most probable threat (a lack of resupply through ports or the 1 highway that comes here out of Canada) and planned accordingly to mitigate the damages, it is risk management 101.

Alaska doesn't have food security - the little food they have stocked is just a week's hedge for a couple of the cities - they are relying on FEMA to ride to the rescue just like all the other states - Alaska just realizes their chain is longer and stockpiled a little ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby IceFire » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Defcon09 wrote:How can the government protect over 320 million people? Answer, they can't. The only thing we can expect is for our Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard to to attempt to keep the "bad toy" at bay. That is part of the role the "federal" level should play. If that fails then the states can kick in with the National Guard, State Police and others. However, we as preppers have the ultimate responsibility to protect ourselves. our family members and close friends.

Good luck to all.

/\/\/\/\/\THIS!!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to A.N.T.S.