• Advertisement

The Homeless

Post general California topics here

The Homeless

Postby Rosemead » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 pm

The Orange County Sheriffs have started evicting the homeless from the Santa Ana River Trail.
They found some interesting things:
A "two room bunker" dug under the cement of the river bank. One room was filled with "a thousand bikes". Authorities think they "where stolen". The other room had wood paneling on the walls. Surprising, only one gun was found, causing a lot of drama.

I don't know what is to be done. Because of the weather, we in southern California do seem to to have more than our fair share of homeless. They seem to have had money at one time, from the quality of the tents, and over the last year I have seen an increase of young women.

I fear we are going to see a pandemic and a big die off. Something mundane like emphysema, or Hep-A.

I am not big on shots, but I may make an exception.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/11/18/1000-bikes-discovered-in-bunker/
Originally Posted by lazyboy97O:
How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?

Originally Posted by steamboatpete:
Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.
Rosemead

Re: The Homeless

Postby ajax727 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:54 am

It is easy to solve the issue of the homeless , all they( the homeless ) need to do is tell , the commie state governments on the west coast they just crossed the boarder and they will get free food free medical care free housing and free money .
see it can be solved with ease .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:13 pm

they busted up one of the largest homeless "camps" in the country a few years ago - one of the suburbs of San Fran had a large park that had been seized & populated by the homeless - it was 1,000s involved - it was more a city within a city - the post office was actually delivering mail to the address ....

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/G ... 45461.html

homeless encampments are a problem everywhere - Chicago had a problem a year ago - homeless tenters had seized & were living in a viaduct - city needed the pathway for a new bike trail - the homeless actually got a court injunction claiming they had higher rights to the viaduct property than the public - almost got away with it ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Blondie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Most homeless have an income. VA benefits, SSI, SNAP, etc. Many prefer the street life to the confines of a shelter where there are rules for residency and few shelters take entire families. I'll keep my potty mouth shut on agendas that break up families.

Shelters now are more selective than ever. Criminal history? Psych hospitalization? Certain meds? Any of these will keep you out of a shelter. Any major city with an underground subway or other rail system will be home to transients. So will local hospitals with psych units as they have regular drop ins. Colleges, too as many buildings are open 24 hrs.

I offer no solutions. Just a view from the eyes of an LEO.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Rosemead » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:00 pm

The "lack of affordable house" seems to be a whipping boy. After paying my rent with my SSI and VA benefits, I would have $200 left each month. Don't know if i could live on that.

Hopefully, this tax plan will actually get people back to work with decent pay.
Originally Posted by lazyboy97O:
How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?

Originally Posted by steamboatpete:
Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.
Rosemead

Postby Dirk Williams » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:43 pm

I see it like you Blondie, it's not that their homeless,they just want to be free. This is how many do it.

You want to learn survival, do what these people do,they are masters. And their quest for freedom, is realistic. For the most part, the rest of the population doesn't even see them.

I've met many transients who actually had PHd"s, they saw the truth, and opted out.

Kinda admire many of them

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Return to General California Discussion, News and Weather