http://www.jango.com/music/Five+Man+Electrical+Band

And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"
Whoa-oh-oh

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
RockinB

Re: Being A Good Neighbor in a SHTF Event

Postby sageprice » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:32 pm

"There is only one cure for stupidity," Death.
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby Yeti_2015 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Personally, I would not use any signs. I have one now that would come down in a SHTF event. It reads beware of dogs. I do this so that people know there are mean dogs on my property and as long as they stay out of the fence that surrounds my house you will be ok. If something major would happen, I would remove these signs. At that point I dont want people to know that I have these dogs and that they will bite. As far as putting up anyother signs I would not do that. Looking from the outside in, if I'm an evil desperate person, and I see a sign that says anything about shot, shooting, a gun, or anything like that I might just try to find a place and watch. I would know that there is at least weapons there and probably something worth killing to keep. If you are that kind of person and have been living without for a few weeks or longer. It might might be worth the time to find out if its even worth the risk or move on down the road. As far as a biohazard sign, unless you have a 8 foot tall (or taller) fence, I would not believe that there would be anything there of such nature. Illness sign might deter people if the event was a pandemic type. Other than that I think it would do little to stop people.
“Talk low, talk slow, and don’t say too much.”
–John Wayne

“Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.”
-Mike Tyson
Yeti_2015
Oklahoma Preppers Network
Oklahoma Preppers Network

Postby danthman114 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 pm

maybe a sign saying "hungry, please help"
danthman114

Postby danthman114 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:00 pm

better yet, heads on poles...
danthman114

Postby John Galt 1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 pm

In this area there is no need to have a sign proclaiming that you have a gun. Every home has one. I think a few signs warning people to stay on the road would be more effective. We don't get many cars on this road so I wouldn't expect to see many people on this road.

Another thing that I think would be useful would be a large bell or gong out by the mailbox with a sign that tells people who may want to talk with you to ring the bell until recognized and allowed onto the property. Anyone seen (or who triggers a perimeter alarm) on the property without first ringing the bell is suddenly a much higher threat. This would minimize the chance of hurting a neighbor who came by for a bit of trading.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:27 pm

John Galt 1 wrote:In this area there is no need to have a sign proclaiming that you have a gun. Every home has one. I think a few signs warning people to stay on the road would be more effective. We don't get many cars on this road so I wouldn't expect to see many people on this road.

Another thing that I think would be useful would be a large bell or gong out by the mailbox with a sign that tells people who may want to talk with you to ring the bell until recognized and allowed onto the property. Anyone seen (or who triggers a perimeter alarm) on the property without first ringing the bell is suddenly a much higher threat. This would minimize the chance of hurting a neighbor who came by for a bit of trading.

you'll find out rather quickly that people will be absolutely everywhere in a serious SHTF - and you won't be wanting to announce your biz with a noise like a gong or bell - neighbors coming to visit will appreciate not being a target also .... rig up something confidential like a buzzer or intercom between you and the gate - most likely you'll be keeping your distance and won't be taking chances with disease spread ...
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Previous

Return to A.N.T.S.